Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Other Topics > On The Side
On The Side The name says it all. Are you bored? Have a rough day? Cat cough up a hairball? Well come on in and tell us about it! Here you will find discussions on almost everything under the sun. No Religion Or Politics are to be discussed here. PERIOD!

Old 07-01-2021

Default July, the summer month.

GOODMORNINGDIESELRAM...June was a hot month we recorded 132f on the back deck here at the house. Hotter than it's ever been here sense they started recording the weather here. Cooler today in lower 80's . couple of wild fires going but not close to here. Only good thing with the hot weather is the humidity was in the low teens.
'91.5 somewhat stock w-250 4x4 5sp Except for the EVIL twin turbos, K&N filter, two small shopping cart dents in right door, Monroe SENAS-TRAC rear shocks. cheap $35 air horns. KDP tabbed. South Bend clutch 13-1.25 Con O. Max stixs, 4" Rip Exhaust,No Muffler, Old Smokey fuel pin. EGR rear disc. Engine breathed on by Max.
My Black Cloud Is Back!...
2012 3500 crew cab Ram 6spd manual, 8' box
I'm just so tired of being tired
Now on facebook
Old 07-01-2021

Mostly sunny today. 50 currently, they are saying a high of 74. My thermometer on the sunny side has hit 110. It catches direct sunlight in the late afternoon and evening. The real temp was more like 70. This was a soggy June, a lot of rainy days. Here it is July all ready and my plans are falling apart. All work on the 1st gen is on hold, all work on the yard is on hold, and all work on the house is on hold. Between a parts and materials shortage, rainy weather, and inability to coordinate contractors, everything has come to a screeching halt.
Old 07-02-2021

Good morning DR, July....where did the year go?? More work coming in and one or two going out....bad report on a 3 year wing inspection, may leave on a truck. Glad it was found before it became a crash site. It's why we look.
'06 2500 Brilliant Black Pearl Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, 5" Diamond Eyes plumbing, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'74 Trans Am, someday car.......
'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Fat Bobber
'18 Street Glide
'21 Camry
Old 07-02-2021

GOODMORNINGDIESELRAM...think I'll sell everything and but a Tesla....No I won't be doing that.
'91.5 somewhat stock w-250 4x4 5sp Except for the EVIL twin turbos, K&N filter, two small shopping cart dents in right door, Monroe SENAS-TRAC rear shocks. cheap $35 air horns. KDP tabbed. South Bend clutch 13-1.25 Con O. Max stixs, 4" Rip Exhaust,No Muffler, Old Smokey fuel pin. EGR rear disc. Engine breathed on by Max.
Now on facebook
Old 07-02-2021

Good Morning DieselRam...
BRD, let's see if they'll make us a better deal on a pair!!
I support the move to electric, for some things. I think they got a couple things to work out along the way
Cloudy and 70 after rain overnight. Might be more today then cooler and drier for the holiday weekend.
BRD, I found out in Texas the heat ain't near so bad if the humidity is low.
This stuff down here will smother ya!!
I sweated off 5 pounds yesterday. Think I got em all back on by bedtime though.
Pretty good day yesterday, 12x20, 12x24 and 16x32. Furthest from the plant was 5 miles..
I been in the 499k realm on the 07 for over a month now waiting for 500..
It's not a bad thing, shorter hauls, shorter days, same money!!

On the clock, no news is good news, so far.
Thinking about what to cook for the weekend...
You know all holidays require feasting in the south and most after sacrifices of dead meat on the altar of the "Oklahoma Joe" smoker and grill!!
H&S mini maxx, something fell off under the truck 270k mi
My Other Truck is a Fire Engine!!

Last edited by smokediver; 07-02-2021 at 06:41 AM..
Old 07-02-2021

EV's are not a good choice for us rural dwellers or long distance commuters. Hard to find long enough extension cords to go the distance.
50 cloudy and a chance of rain. They doctored the weather report so the 4th will be clear, warm, and dry. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday may be very wet, very wet.
Off to Lowe's to pick up some things I ordered for the house.
Old 07-03-2021

Good morning DR, cool start to a made to order day, 54* yes I said 54* on July 3rd foreguessed hi of 79*......Imma take two wheels and a jacket today smoke hope your day is quiet and slow.....rest of y'all be safe coffee is ready, come get it before I drink it all...
'06 2500 Brilliant Black Pearl Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, 5" Diamond Eyes plumbing, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'74 Trans Am, someday car.......
'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Fat Bobber
'18 Street Glide
'21 Camry
Old 07-03-2021

GOODMORNINGDIESELRAM...Everyone be safe tomorrow, Here they have ban the use of fireworks and the sale due to high fire conditions. I'm ok with that except they waited until the day fireworks were supposed to go on sale. The non profits are losing a ton of money. Big tents were rented and stock was put out, then just before the vendors could sell the county ban the sale of fireworks. Guess there will be a bunch of criminals this year. I'm also sure there will still be a few that will create their own pyrotechnics by blowing themselves up with their gas BBQs and others that will clean their charcoal BBQs and put the ashes in a bag and leave it on the deck next to the house resulting in catching the house on fire. So be safe all.
Now on facebook
Old 07-03-2021

Fireworks were banned in the Mat-Su borough many moons ago. There is only one place within the borough you can buy and use them. Only because they were burned out a couple decades ago and there is nothing left to burn. That still doesn't stop others from blowing themselves up or burning their neighbors house down. My area may not be too bad. We've had a lot of rain and things are pretty green.
Old 07-03-2021

No ban on fireworks here...but our beloved city shuns the national holiday...not relevant enough to the local cultural majority I guess. They went all out for juneteenth...
Rumor of 62 by morning! I might get up early to soak it up with a cup of java.

Maybe we should start an EV discussion thread...
I think they're going about it slightly wrong.
The propulsion system should be electric, plug in charge, with a small generator on board, that would propel the vehicle at 65mph all on its own if the batteries were stone cold dead.
H&S mini maxx, something fell off under the truck 270k mi
My Other Truck is a Fire Engine!!

Last edited by smokediver; 07-03-2021 at 07:09 PM..