Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: Parts and Accessories
Technical Info: Parts and Accessories Discussion of parts and accessories associated with Dodge Ram Diesels. Discuss products you use, recommend or are looking for for your truck.

Old 02-12-2010

Default Banks IQ, Bully Dog PMT??? Fuel economy

I am looking to increase my fuel economy, as I am now driving 3-4000 miles/month in my '03 CTD (120,000 miles). I want to drive this thing for a long time, so I don't want to decrease the life of my motor or trans. I need a set of gauges, so I figured the Banks IQ with the six gun tuner or the bully dog PMT would get it done in one shot. Anyone have any experience with these products?
Old 02-12-2010
Amsoil Sponsor

Welcome to the site, that's alot of mileage per month. You can also save $$ on changing over to Amsoil synthetic motor oil (3x OEM drain intervals) or even a bypass system and just change your filters and top off with make up oil. Before trading my 02 in with bypass system I went 5 years and 70,000 miles with just changing the filters and topping off. When I traded the truck in the oil analysis showed the oil was still good.
WWW.SOSOILS.COM
sales@syntheticoilspecialties.com
sales@sosoils.com
1-888-887-9052

SUPPORT YOUR SITE SPONSOR
Old 03-17-2010
Administrator

I don't think you will find a lot of Banks fans out there, no experience with them myself, but most people sya that they are overpriced and overpromised.

sold
'96 2500SLT CC LB 2WD, KDP tabbed,100Hp Maxsticks,16* ,3k gsk,afc modded,#8 tst plate,62/70/13 turbo,4" MBRP exhaust,AFE stage III dry filter intake,autometer boost pyro, oil, tran temp,DSS,rebuilt diff & tranny w/billet triple lock TC w/lockup switch,1tn rear cylinders,ride rites on all 4 corners w/on board air,465k km. 330 hp 766 ft/lbs
Old 03-17-2010

If durability and long life's safty is your thing, then Banks is the sure shot.

It is kind of pricy, but of course, there is a price for everything in life!
My other toys: 1991 MB 300D, 1991 350SDL, and 1995 300E. All fully mechanical Diesels. Love them all.
Retired US Army.

Tags
Banks 6 gun, banks IQ, bully dog PMT, fuel economy