Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 3rd Generation: DRIVETRAIN
Technical Info: 3rd Generation: DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of third generation (2003 - 2007) engine and drivetrain questions, solutions and upgrades.

Old 06-22-2021

Default Heater hoses

'05 Dodge 5.9. I want to change out all the hoses as a preventative measure. Those two straight coupling hoses behind the exhaust manifold, one horizontal the other vertical. Went to the dealer to get them, and they wanted $117 for both. I assume they are silicone high temp hose. Is there something special to their size? They appear to be 5/8, but they are hard to get to to measure the pipes they join.
Old 06-22-2021
Administrator

Good question, never had to deal with them.

sold
'96 2500SLT CC LB 2WD, KDP tabbed,100Hp Maxsticks,16* ,3k gsk,afc modded,#8 tst plate,62/70/13 turbo,4" MBRP exhaust,AFE stage III dry filter intake,autometer boost pyro, oil, tran temp,DSS,rebuilt diff & tranny w/billet triple lock TC w/lockup switch,1tn rear cylinders,ride rites on all 4 corners w/on board air,465k km. 330 hp 766 ft/lbs
Old 06-23-2021

Still using the OEM on my '06, however one of the small hose you may need was part of a service bulletin update due to leaking issues. I remember it being expensive but not that high. look for a dealer that sells at a discount or an internet sales using OE part numbers. Again my truck is a 2006, yours may or may not be similar.
'06 2500 Brilliant Black Pearl Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, 5" Diamond Eyes plumbing, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'74 Trans Am, someday car.......
'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Fat Bobber
'18 Street Glide
'21 Camry
Old 06-24-2021
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to MAXTORQ Send a message via Skype™ to MAXTORQ

The simple solution is just to use regular 5/8th hose. The molded hoses are obsolete and no longer available. Some dealers may stilll have some on the shelf.

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Changed all mine last summer! Got mine from Genos' Garage
04 Laramie (H) 2500 HO QC 4X4 48RE 3:73 LS Putco Boss Bars LineX AFE Stage II Silver Stars 956 Moto's high idle ROKK sensor FASS MagHytec Diffs & DD trans pan

The Second Amendment is only vague if:
1. You cannot read and comprehend the English language
2. Choose to selectively alter the meaning of "the people" from amendment to amendment
3. Have never read any of the writings of the Founders

Anything else is a willful effort to twist the meaning of the Constitution to fit an agenda, or profound stupidity."