DieselRam.com

DieselRam.com (http://www.dieselram.com/forum.php)
-   On The Side (http://www.dieselram.com/forumdisplay.php?f=355)
-   -   November, 10 down, 2 to go (http://www.dieselram.com/showthread.php?t=203366)

jetfueljockey 11-01-2020 06:41 AM

November, 10 down, 2 to go

Good morning DR, rollercoaster ride this weekend, was 34* yesterday morning and 59* now.....dropping to 24* tonight and just mid 40s tomorrow :eek:. Dang. White 3500 mistake in Somerset still not on the lot, guess I'll keep paying on the bike.....Youngest Grandheathern turns one today, well the party is today, need to round up a gift.....guess I best get moving. Go Vote, in person, It matters. Coffee is ready :)

bigreddog 11-01-2020 08:04 AM

GOODMORNINGDIESELRAM...The curse of 2020 continues. Yesterday as my wife tripped and fell on the dog fence lacerating her cheek next to her mouth. Took her to urgency care, and 3 hours later we went home. Her with a flu shot, tetanus shot, and 13 stitches. Me a flu shot, and a wife that will be sore when she gets up. Have to take her back this coming Saturday to remove the stitches, and that would be opening day of elk season. Well I guess I'll go change the clocks now so I can add another hour to this most awesome year:homer:

Clunk 11-01-2020 05:47 PM

Sunny, windy nearly 60F today.
Gotta runny nose, went home soon after Church and made veggie beef soup and stayed inside.
Numbers look good from the check-up last Wednesday.....lost a few pounds too.

bigreddog 11-02-2020 04:51 AM

GOODMORNINGDIESELRAM...Where is everybody it's dark and cold in here.

jetfueljockey 11-02-2020 05:04 AM

Good morning DR, bottom did not drop out as predicted, 27* instead of 24*....goes to show you can't trust the weather guy either. plugged the truck up and gonna start her up about 7:15 or so. Now where did I put my long johns????? They were in the way just 7 months ago :eek: Coffee is ready if you're in the neighborhood...

Clunk 11-02-2020 06:07 PM

Sunny and frost on the pumpkins, and everything else this morning.
Hauled dirt & rock and 1 load crusher run from the rockyard.
Found out by reading the label, a glass of blackberry wine is loaded with sugar....guess I'll add the rest to spaghetti sauce per Pete Clemenza.

jetfueljockey 11-03-2020 04:54 AM

Good morning DR, warmer today, low 30s to 60ish. Cooking with wine in the sauce is a waste of wine.....the alcohol boils off and the sugars remain. The more wine you drink the better the sauce tastes, especially the cheap sauce the ex bought. Changes to a 190* thermostat in the truck last night, might have heat this morning. Block heater is plugged up too.....let winter commence.

bigreddog 11-03-2020 05:49 AM

GOODMORNINGDIESELRAM...The rain begins today, there goes the wax jobs.

Clunk 11-03-2020 06:33 PM

Sunny, breezy and cool 60F today.
Hauled rock & dirt then voted.
Cold beverage and country music this evening.
The planets Saturn & Jupiter and getting lined up for something.

jetfueljockey 11-04-2020 05:11 AM

Good morning DR, high 30s to high 60s and clear, guess I'll check a lamestream news website for election results....after my coffee though, no need to hurry. More electrical issues, same aircraft, a Sisyphean endeavor forever to be repeated....really not liking the time change, by the way, was used to more than half hour of daylight left when I get home. Check in tomorrow....same Bat Time, same Bat Channel

bigreddog 11-04-2020 05:54 AM

GOODMORNINGDIESELRAM...wet out there today. looks like maybe sunny this weekend. RV is still gone and the bike is too.

Clunk 11-04-2020 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigreddog (Post 1935856)
gone and the bike is too.

I'd keep a lookout for it...got a pic?

Clunk 11-04-2020 05:04 PM

Sunny near 70F today. Missed a step and fell off the KW to the ground....busted a piece of trim off the Bravada with my head and my right hip hurts. Hauled asphalt today.
Getting out the heating pad.

jetfueljockey 11-05-2020 05:04 AM

Good morning DR, warming trend continues, mid 40s to mid 60s. Funny you should mention heating pad Clunk, used mine for the first time this fall yesterday. Last couple of days almost makes me say bad words....most tainted election ever. Not as bad as it could have been, bad enough. Y'all be safe.

smokediver 11-05-2020 06:32 AM

Good Morning DieselRam...
Election, bad words, Bad words, BAD WORDS!!!!!:mad::flamingmad:
Looks like the sun is coming up and 44*
High around 70 I think they said.
Getting ready for a long-er ride... Across the La. line to pickup a 10x20 that's been tasked since January. 258 miles, one way.
The 09 is running like a champ since I cleaned the pump screen in the tank.
Missed monday cause of some muscle spasm in my back, now that sciatic nerve is poking me again. So this is what it's like getting old...
Thought the little ladies car busted the clutch or tranny...Just stopped going down the road and making some interesting noises.
After looking I think it just stripped a CV joint.

Clunk 11-05-2020 06:02 PM

Mostly sunny 70F today.
Rested with the heat pad all day, feel some better even without pain med, may drive tomorrow.
Pal from many years ago has the covid19 and the blood clot/stroke complication, they're giving him 72 hours.

jetfueljockey 11-06-2020 05:01 AM

Good morning DR, mid 40s to 70ish, them old friends are the hard ones to lose....but then again the new ones are too. CV joints usually give LOTS of warning that they need attention, hope that's all it is smoke. Supposed to be tolerable this weekend, hope its nice enough to ride a bit.....need some of that wind therapy. Y'all have a safe weekend :)

bigreddog 11-06-2020 08:25 AM

GOODMORNINGDIESELRAM...Clunk, sorry to hear your friend is in bad shape, Who knows these things sometime fool us and turn around. Taking a few days off, was going to take the RV up for hunting camp but still not here. Maybe I'll go up for a couple of days and sleep in the truck. Rain today so I may go see what the hold up is with the rv and also the bike.

jetfueljockey 11-07-2020 07:13 AM

Good morning DR, mid 40s and clear, mid 70s later today :) Ended the week, moving two out yesterday although one will leave Monday. Barn was packed for sure. Coffee is ready y'all.

smokediver 11-07-2020 07:30 AM

Good Morning DieselRam....
Sunrise and 54 headed for 78 I believe they say.
I was liking them high of 65 days pretty good.
They'll be back.
JFJ, you're right about the CV joints, usually, but haven't heard anything out of this one, but then I rarely ever drive it. VW Beetle.
The left side one, which seems to be the problem now, has been changed before cause it says NAPA on it.
But if I can spin the wheel and the shaft turns but the inner hub joint doesn't..:dunno:
Bought one of them timed tripod feeders. Trying to get the deer on a feeding schedule.
Got home and unpacked it, no battery or charger included!! :flamingmad:

Clunk, Praying for the best for your friend.

bigreddog 11-07-2020 08:13 AM

GOODMORNINGDIESELRAM...Coffee time than off to urgent care to this morning.get the wife's stitches out. Than a little shopping, I'm looking to look at a rock Island Armory VRPA40 12 ga shotgun...just in case someone wants to pull off a home invasion here. I would have to have all 3 magazines.

jetfueljockey 11-08-2020 07:13 AM

Good morning DR, ran the numbers on the 3500 White mistake.....It would be tight on the budget.....10k off MSRP. Looks killer too :eek: toss up between the white and pearl blue.....decisions. On the scoot all day yesterday, kinda stiff and sore today. Going on two wheels again today, work the soreness out. Keep y'all posted.

Clunk 11-08-2020 07:17 PM

Sunny 80's today. After Church, made a good ride to Central City Ky. after removing the bucket at the state line. Resting up for tomorrow.

jetfueljockey 11-09-2020 05:11 AM

Good morning DR, nice out, good snoozing weather.....mid 50s to mid 70s. Still on the fence about the truck, lot of money and some of it would be "fun funds".....need to tighten the budget. Gonna do some more prayin on this....

bigreddog 11-09-2020 08:25 AM

GOODMORNINGDIESELRAM...taking this week off.....going to rain.

Clunk 11-09-2020 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigreddog (Post 1935876)
GOODMORNINGDIESELRAM...taking this week off.....going to rain.

Wanna job?

Clunk 11-09-2020 07:11 PM

Sunny near 80F today.
Hauled asphalt early in the KW then dirt & rock later in one of the Petes.
Hip is just about better. Last night I woke up at 1:30 am then finally fell back asleep about 3am and the alarm went off at 4am. I'm going to have a liver cheese sandwich instead of high carb cookies and see if I sleep longer.

jetfueljockey 11-10-2020 04:16 AM

Good morning DR, tad bit cooler at 53*, nice day though. For mid November I will take it :) Gonna go to Somerset tonight, nephew needs help with a Ferd....taking a 5 lb sledge, that should do the trick. Coffee is ready.

bigreddog 11-10-2020 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clunk (Post 1935878)
Wanna job?

I have a job, but ok.

smokediver 11-10-2020 07:28 PM

Good Evening DieselRam...
The democrats were declared the winners,
and just like that, there was a corona virus vaccine!! :dunno:
Mostly cloudy today. A little mist here and there, but not really rain.
Rumor of a thunder bumper or 2 overnight, maybe, maybe not.
Taught driver/operator class to a hand full of new boys today.
Friction loss and physics of H2O. I love it, them, not so much..
Then.....the brass called and said someone had the bug and everyone who had been in their vicinity in the past 3-5 days had to be tested.
Yep... Nope.
Truck committee meeting in the morning, 10 am.
Time to start specking a new 75 ft aerial. bout $800k !! :eek:
Probably my last one.
It CAN be a fun process, trips to the manufacturer and lots of good eating and stuff...
Depends which manufacturer gets the chiefs ear.

Clunk 11-10-2020 07:31 PM

Sunny 70's today....cloudy & light showers this afternoon.
Hauled asphalt all day and resting this evening.
Hip is improved but wakes me up at night.
Lots of dead deer on the side of the roads, I guess the rut has begun here.

jetfueljockey 11-11-2020 05:18 AM

Good morning DR, wet and turning cooler, highs in the 60s. Trip to Somerset proved futile as the corrosion had permanently fuse rotor to flange.....Plan B in effect next. Did get supper out of the deal :) I tend not to buy used cars from the northeast....this very reason :eek: Be safe out there.

bigreddog 11-11-2020 07:25 AM

GOODMORNINGDIESELRAM..Off to the eye doctor today to see what progress my eye has had.

Clunk 11-11-2020 07:00 PM

Hey BRD, need only 1 eye to see through a scope, right?

Clunk 11-11-2020 07:03 PM

Started off rainy 70's this morning and no asphalt. Picked up haul-off dirt & rock and took it nearly an hour away.....pretty good except for downtown traffic but still got a day in. Cleaned the bed in case I get asphalt tomorrow.

jetfueljockey 11-12-2020 05:02 AM

Good morning DR, cool and cloudy....hi 40s to low 60s and blah. Still busy at work, just not having much fun there. Tomorrow is YayDay, might help a little bit :dunno: Coffee, I need coffee

bigreddog 11-12-2020 07:40 AM

GOODMORNINGDIESELRAM...The eye is sooooooooooooooly getting back to normal, things in there are looking better. Looking forward to next summer, the eye should be done recovering. This virus crap shoule be in check and the borders open so we can have spudfest.

Clunk 11-12-2020 07:25 PM

Sunny near 70F today. Hauled trees and gravel. Took the trees to a nearby landfill....first trip for me there. For once you back UP a grade when you dump so you are less likely to get stuck. They use a lot of wood chips to keep the area from getting so stinkin' muddy. There are a few pull off areas to check you truck or visit a portajohn. Best landfill I've ever delivered to.
The KW needs a new air filter....boost and power keeps dropping.

jetfueljockey 11-13-2020 04:49 AM

Good morning DR, clear and cool, 40ish to the low 60s.....brrrr tomorrow night. Might actually have a winter this year.....imma gonna hate that. YayDay and middle of the month, should have the bank to myself. New place in town....got a pretty good burger.....Call it in, takes about 15 minutes to prepare, maybe that why its a pretty good burger :dunno:

bigreddog 11-13-2020 07:49 AM

GOODMORNINGDIESELRAM...Staying in today as there will be wind and rain all day. Have relocated 33 squirrels from my back yard in the past few weeks. They wouldn't be a problem if people would quit feeding them. I had one a couple of years ago build a nest in the 5th wheel hitch.