Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > NEW! Technical Info: 4th Gen DRIVETRAIN
NEW! Technical Info: 4th Gen DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of fourth generation (2007.5 and up) 6.7L engine and drivetrain questions, solutions and upgrades. For trucks with the 5.9L engine use the appropriate 3rd gen forums.

Old 03-26-2018

Default Vibration Issues while driving

I am having an issue with my 17' 3500 4x4 with Aisin Trans with 43k miles on it. after my last fuel stop, I went about 100 miles to my job site. when I left the job site and was getting on the on ramp, the truck started to vibrate under acceleration. I pulled over and checked it out and could find anyhing. got back on the road and it did not happen anymore that day. left this morning heading to another jobsite and the same thing happened after I was on the road for about 65 miles. The truck idles rough when I first crank it. the vibration is not something that is constant. it will happen for a few minutes then it goes away. the vibration is strong around 1500 to 2000 rpms. I can floor the throttle when the vibration is bad and it still has plenty of pep and the vibration goes away. Not sure if this is a fuel issue or something worse. any help would be great.
97' 2500 Extended Cab Long bed 4x4 Auto Transmission. KDP pinned, GM 1ton break cylinders, 4"MBRP turbo back exhaust, 4:10's, more to come!

15' 3500 4x4, 6 speed manual, crew cab dually big horn, 3:73's, all stock

17' 3500 4x4 Aisin trans, crew cab longhorn Laramie, all stock
Old 03-28-2018

Is it going into regen? and something there causing vibration? I have no idea just trying to help
2005 SLT 2500 3.73 Automatic, reg cab, spray in liner, stull runnin boards,12 volt winch power to bed, slide out loading ramp 4ft by 8ft.Bone stock silencer now MIA 95 gph fass adjustable pump and straw kit
06 dodge 1/2 ton 2wd gasser 4.7 l auto [replacement for giving the son the ford] went to my mother 2016 1500 5.7hemi 10000 original miles

2014 Cadillac CTS 2.0 turbo
Old 03-29-2018

Under power? If so I would suggest u-joint or center support bearing on driveshaft. Or transmission mount. Front driveshaft? Loose nut?
Too many things to list.
30' Damon Escaper 5'er 12,000#
Old 03-31-2018

Send a message via ICQ to CaptainCummins Send a message via AIM to CaptainCummins Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainCummins

We chased an intermittent vibration on one of out 5500's around for a while, ended up being the front driveshaft. Vibrations on these trucks can be very difficult to say the least. If you want to spend some money, there is an app you can buy for your phone (Its very pricey, $500 I think) that basically turns your phone into a vibration analyzer. Its called the NVH app (NVH stands for noise, vibration and harshness) . I know 500 is a big pill to swallow, but the app is very accurate, its so good that Freightliner and Meritor are beginning to ask us to use it diagnosing vibrations on trucks. I will basically tell you whether the vibration is tire, driveline, or engine related.

You said that the truck idles rough when started, a failing injector can certainly cause a vibration. I woulld suggest checking codes, injector issues may not always set misfire codes though. Overtemp codes for the aftertreament (DOC, DPF, SCR temp too high) may indicate inejctor issues too.