Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: Parts and Accessories
Technical Info: Parts and Accessories Discussion of parts and accessories associated with Dodge Ram Diesels. Discuss products you use, recommend or are looking for for your truck.

Old 08-26-2009

Unhappy Cd stuck in player/radio

My Cd player is refusing to eject a Cd or play it. went to car stereo place and they tell me I need to buy a new player. They say the player would need to be removed and disassembled to get the Cd out and then it would probably do it again. Anyone have this happen to you? I've read that stock stereos are junk in these trucks but I've been fine with this one till now. They quoted me $169. for a Pioneer unit. Any recomendations for what to replace it with if necessary. The unit they were trying to sell me had a remote which i can't imagine ever using and a place to plug, play and recharge an Ipod which might be good.
Old 08-26-2009
Administrator

About the only way to get the CD out is to pull the unit and take it apart.
2000QC,SLT,SB,4x4,Intense Blue,Auto,4.10,DSS,AFE Megacannon PRO GUARD-7,silencer ring MIA,Edge Comp-pump wire untapped,Rip's 4in Fair Shake Exhaust,Isspro EVs fuel,boost,pyro,FASS 95/150, S/S '03 trackbar bracket, Thuren '03 trackbar, HTS Ultimate Duty trans w/ billet input & output, 89% Suncoast convertor, 150HP MAXsticks

'06 Liberty CRD, Inferno Red Crystal Pearlcoat, GDE ECO tune

'12 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT, Bright Silver Metallic

'98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
Old 08-26-2009

I had it it happen in my 04 I was able to get the cd out by occasionally pushing the eject button while driving, it finally came out after hitting the button about 50 times.

Just about any aftermarket unit is better than stock, personally I like alpine, but pioneer, sony, jvc, kenwood, ect... are all good units.
98 12v qc 2500 4x4 dtt valve-body self built auto 4.10 S&B Intake, Steed Speed manifold, gauges, 100hp Maxsticks, tweaked & tuned 911 pump,18*,custom ground plate,4" exhaust,htb2 62/14, pdr cam ,arp studs, 3k gsk

sʇıpǝɹɔ uoqɹɐɔ ʎɯ ʎnq ɐuuɐʍ
Old 08-26-2009

Man you guys sure do hate the stock radios, I have been using the same one now for 12 years. I bought it for my wife for her TC and when we traded it in I pulled it and put it in my 04 Ram. It is the 6 disc changer, now it does not have all the bells and whistles that a higher end after market unit but it sounds good to me. BTW I had a system in my 76 Nova that took first place in a TAS Electronics contest back in 79, so I do know how to rock!

To the OP keep trying the eject button it should come out, if not get a new radio and then take the old one apart and you can remove the CD then.

Don
Old 08-26-2009

Patsy and Hank Sr. are stuck in mine right now!
Old 08-28-2009

I was told a small gear breaks in our OME radios.......mine wont budge.......you need to take it apart to get your disks.........aftermarket here I come.
Old 08-29-2009

Mine, a Sony 6 disc CD player under the passenger seat, did the same thing.
I did this...with the unit out remove the screws and take off the cover (a little prying and it will slide off). In the back of the unit on the right side is a small plastic gear the connects to the larger plastic gear on the slideout tray for the CD. Plug the player back into the harness so you have power, while pushing the eject button, very gently pry or nudge the small gear in a clockwise direction with a small screwdriver between the gear teeth, this should cause the slideout to work releasing the CD. They seem to get a bit of crap or dust into the works and it gums them up causing the malfunction. Blew mine out with gentle air pressure and have had no further problems.
I had to do something, Etta James was stuck in there with no way out!!
Old 09-28-2009

My stock CD player will occasionally not eject a disk. But it has always been temporary and eventually (not months, but sometimes a couple days) ejected as expected.

Never thought this a major enough problem to think much about it.
04.5 SLT 3500 QC SRW LWB 4X4, 48RE, 3:73, 11.5 RE, Fumoto Oil drain Valve, Taupe, Line-X, RanchHand BullNose-FE
Old 09-28-2009

Mine won't recognize the discs and ejects them itself. It's maddening!
Old 09-28-2009

Sootster, replace the unit with a good 8 track and you will always be able to muscle it out.

On second thought this would be a b/c your music selection would be limited to pre Eagles

2 '05 2500 4x4,QC's 48RE,3.73,Limited Slip,Plow Prep,Linex,ROKK,Afe 2 & Amsoil fluids (Boss 9'2" V-blades )

#1 SMARTY cr(SW3),TOYO/AT2's 285-70/17E's,Quad Commander,TransGo shift kit,Prodigy,Fold-a-cover,60 gal RDS aux tank,Corsa exhaust,FASS95/95 3 micron,Mag-Hytec DD tran pan,Bilsteins.
Pull a Cameo 5er (8800 lbs empty)

#2 SUPERCHIPS flashpaq,BFG/AT's TA 315-70/17's,& MBRP

Knowledge: Truth apprehended
Understanding: Truth comprehended
Wisdom: Truth applied