Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 2nd Gen 24 VALVE DRIVETRAIN
Technical Info: 2nd Gen 24 VALVE DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of second generation (1998 - 2002) 24-valve engine and drivetrain questions, solutions and upgrades.

Old 02-05-2009

Default Quadzilla Adrenaline??

Just wandering if anyone has had any experience with this... claims 180 hp and 420 lbs of torque... if true this is impressive for vp 44..
2002 Dodge 3500 2WD 5SP, Edge Comp, Diesel Dynamics Stage 5 150 hp injectors, NOS, 550 hp South Bend Clutch, Big Green Cold Air Intake, EGT/BOOST/FUEL PRESS. GUAGES,FASS, 19.5" Alcoa Rims, 5" Miter Cut Stacks. & A 1990 NONINTERCOOLED 3SP D250 with pump turned up.
Old 02-05-2009

Default Re: Quadzilla Adrenaline??

No one???
2002 Dodge 3500 2WD 5SP, Edge Comp, Diesel Dynamics Stage 5 150 hp injectors, NOS, 550 hp South Bend Clutch, Big Green Cold Air Intake, EGT/BOOST/FUEL PRESS. GUAGES,FASS, 19.5" Alcoa Rims, 5" Miter Cut Stacks. & A 1990 NONINTERCOOLED 3SP D250 with pump turned up.
Old 02-06-2009

must use tubo upgrade than it works
2001ram 3500 dulley auto 5in lift 35in swampers trxus. stock power up grads on the way smitty ss step bars ft. and rear rino bed liner ss bed rail protection roll up bed cover isspro fuel gauge airdog fuel system 1/2in straw and lines edge juice wth addatude
Old 02-08-2009

I was told tonight that it connects to the MAP sensor, VP44 pump wire AND the Diagnostic Link under the dash ...must be pretty involved with the PCM.
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley style lift pump next to the fuel tank...13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, Jammer 100's and 60-60-14cm hybrid,
Good used LL molar dental crown for sale. ARP studs
Time to turn so's you don't burn.
Old 02-14-2009

same as edge unit
2001ram 3500 dulley auto 5in lift 35in swampers trxus. stock power up grads on the way smitty ss step bars ft. and rear rino bed liner ss bed rail protection roll up bed cover isspro fuel gauge airdog fuel system 1/2in straw and lines edge juice wth addatude
Old 02-14-2009

you deffinetly need lift pump upgrades as well.
1998.5 2500 4x4, 5.9 liter 24v Quad Cab S.B. SLT, Automatic (DTT Tranny!!!),HTB2 62/13 Turbo w/HX40 downpipe, Isspro Pryometer and 60 psi boost gauge, BD Low Fuel Pressure LED, BD intercooler boots, Quadzilla Adrenaline, Airdog 150, Bosch 60 hp injectors, Airaid BHAF, AFE Bladerunner, 4" MBRP Exhaust w/5" MBRP rolled tip, 3.54 axle ratio, 265 75 16 Bridgestone Dueler Revos, Alpine-Rockford Fosgate-Pioneer-Cerwin Vega sound system
Old 02-14-2009

The Edge w/Attitude plugs into the diagnostic port under the dash too?
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley style lift pump next to the fuel tank...13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, Jammer 100's and 60-60-14cm hybrid,
Good used LL molar dental crown for sale. ARP studs
Time to turn so's you don't burn.
Old 02-15-2009

It plugs into the MAP sensor, Diagnostic Link, and need to TAP the VP pump wire. It comes with a EGT probe, oil temp probe, and a control pod that you mount inside the cab.The control pod monitors EGT, oil temp, and boost. I have not had my truck dynoed, but it makes alot more power than my Edge Comp that is now sitting in a box. It has alot of safety features including a warm up mode (does not any power until engine is warm), high idle, and defueling at high EGT's (if you want. Pick and download your prefered tune off the website, then program the module. I am running a series 1000 tune for the winter. On level 10, my tires don't stop spinning until it shifts into 3rd. More info on the web site. I will never go back to my comp. I really like the Adrenaline.
ATS Aurora 2000 Turbo
ATS 3-Piece Manifold
Vulcan LP Relocation Kit
Isspro Gauges in pillar Pod EGT-Boost-Trans Temp
S&B Cold Air Intake
AFE Blade Runner
Mag-Hytec Rear end cover
Pinnicle 4" Exhaust
NADP Heavy Hauler Tranny
Sun Coast Torque Converter
American Racing Wheels W/ 295-75-16 AT Ta's
Old 02-17-2009

Thanks for the input everybody... and I have a FASS so not worried about the Lift Pump issue... Just wish i could get one on my truck and on a dyno so I could get a head to head comparison with the edge..
Old 03-03-2009

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phat Cat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It plugs into the MAP sensor, Diagnostic Link, and need to TAP the VP pump wire. It comes with a EGT probe, oil temp probe, and a control pod that you mount inside the cab.The control pod monitors EGT, oil temp, and boost. I have not had my truck dynoed, but it makes alot more power than my Edge Comp that is now sitting in a box. It has alot of safety features including a warm up mode (does not any power until engine is warm), high idle, and defueling at high EGT's (if you want. Pick and download your prefered tune off the website, then program the module. I am running a series 1000 tune for the winter. On level 10, my tires don't stop spinning until it shifts into 3rd. More info on the web site. I will never go back to my comp. I really like the Adrenaline. </div></div>
I just put the ADR_COMP2 tune into my adrenaline... holy mother of god... this thing is an absolute animal!! never seen my speedo climp this fast!!
I thought my comp was good, this thing is way better!!
1998.5 2500 4x4, 5.9 liter 24v Quad Cab S.B. SLT, Automatic (DTT Tranny!!!),HTB2 62/13 Turbo w/HX40 downpipe, Isspro Pryometer and 60 psi boost gauge, BD Low Fuel Pressure LED, BD intercooler boots, Quadzilla Adrenaline, Airdog 150, Bosch 60 hp injectors, Airaid BHAF, AFE Bladerunner, 4" MBRP Exhaust w/5" MBRP rolled tip, 3.54 axle ratio, 265 75 16 Bridgestone Dueler Revos, Alpine-Rockford Fosgate-Pioneer-Cerwin Vega sound system