Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 3rd Generation: NON-DRIVETRAIN
Technical Info: 3rd Generation: NON-DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of third generation (2003 - 2006) non drivetrain questions, solutions and upgrades. Please -- DO NOT post drivetrain discussions in this forum!

Old 05-07-2008

Default Overhead Console not working

Has any had thier overhead just quit working? It doesnt lite up or anything. I have checked all fuses and they are all good. Have tried unhooking both batteries to reset the ecm but nothing. The dealer of course just says to bring it in (not under warranty).
2006 2500 4x4, Quad Cab,Long Bed, Quadzilla Xzillaraider w/commander, Airaid intake, Debadged, Recon clearance lights, 5" MBRP exhaust with smoking 6"tip. Rancho 9000 with in cab controller. Levelled with Front and Rear BODYGUARD bumper replacements. FASS coming soon.
Old 05-07-2008
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to MAXTORQ Send a message via Skype™ to MAXTORQ
Default Re: Overhead Console not working

Unhooking the batteries will do nothing not even reset the ECM or PCM.

There is a ground that will become corroded. It is located just behind the drivers side kick panel next to the E/brake.

It is a mass connection back there.

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 05-07-2008

Thanks MAX I will look at that when I get home this evening.
2006 2500 4x4, Quad Cab,Long Bed, Quadzilla Xzillaraider w/commander, Airaid intake, Debadged, Recon clearance lights, 5" MBRP exhaust with smoking 6"tip. Rancho 9000 with in cab controller. Levelled with Front and Rear BODYGUARD bumper replacements. FASS coming soon.
Old 05-10-2008

I Found the ground you metioned but to no avail. Overhead still not working. Any other ideas before I take to dealer?
Old 05-10-2008

I think you may have to take to the dealer. My 03 overhead would once in a while quit reading. It still would lite up but just had 2 horizontal lines and the only functions that worked was km and engine hours. Then after a while or shutting the truck off it would start working again. The dealer replaced it with a new module and no probems in 4 years.

SOLD 2003 2500 SLT 6spd, 35"procomp Xtreme Mud Terrains 3" leveling kit, 3.73 gears, Smarty, Isspro pillar mount gauges, Power Wagon Flares, Linex, Fass 95/150, South Bend con fe clutch, 90 hp DDP injectors, and a set of Custom PDR TWIN turbos.
Old 06-02-2008

Ok, I bought a new overhead display. Now how do you take the old one out? Does the plastic cover just pop off? Do i have to drop the headliner?
Any help would be appreciated before I tear something up.
Old 06-02-2008
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to MAXTORQ Send a message via Skype™ to MAXTORQ

No drop the headliner.

Open the garage door opener case or what ever it has just behind the lights. There are two clips , depress towards the rear and pull the console to the rear and down.

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 06-02-2008

Did they change it on the newer trucks? All i had to do is pop the clear light covers off and there are 2 Torx20 screws to remove then it pops off.
- Vanilla 04 2500 QCSB, 4x4, 48RE w/MagHytec DD, Smarty Jr, HOG 4" Exh, Modded Air Box, Isspro Gauges, Quadzilla RPG w/fuel pressure, DynaTrac front, Coolant By-Pass Filter - B&W Turnoverball w/Companion 5vr hitch
Old 06-03-2008

I got home and the surrond that holds the 2 lights and the module just pops right out. No screws or anything. Just pull straight down on front, then the back. took out 4 screws that hold the module in place and unplugged harness. Plugged in new module screwed it down, turned on key and NOTHING. Still not working.
I guess nothing left to do except take to dealer. Ugh!