Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 3rd Generation: NON-DRIVETRAIN
Technical Info: 3rd Generation: NON-DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of third generation (2003 - 2006) non drivetrain questions, solutions and upgrades. Please -- DO NOT post drivetrain discussions in this forum!

Old 09-11-2007

Default FASS 150 Filter change interval

Hi Everyone,

Long time since I've posted. Summer was good.

In spring I installed a FASS 150/95. I was looking into the manual to get the recommended filter change interval and can't find anything.

Does anyone know? I will be going for the Fleetguard 3micron filter HF6604. Any drawbacks in going with the 3 micron?

Do we also need to change the water seperator?

Thanks,

Patrick

Oh yeah... Forgot to mention that my fuel gage is still showing 13PSI.
2003 Burgundy 2500 SLT Quad Cab 2x4 6 speed Short Box 3.73 11.5", limited slip, Chromed Wheels, Access Tonneau Cover, Westin Platinum Series Chromed Nerf Bars, Vtech Chromed Tail light Covers, Putco Chromed Door and Tailgate handles, Chromed Bed cap rail, Amsoil BMK15 Bypass filtration, Amsoil Air & fuel filter, ISSPRO EV Pyro, Boost, EGT Gages with Autometer on-dash Pod, Prodigy Brake Controller, FASS 150/95, Bilstein Shocks.

5er: 2008 Wildcat 32QBBS
Old 09-11-2007

Default Re: FASS 150 Filter change interval

I change my Fass filters once a year in December. Been using Fleetguard Hf6604 and FS1023. Since my Fass is run to the stock canister I also change that filter at the same time. My pressure is 15 psi (taken from CP3) and will pull down to 12psi with smarty on #3.Reason I did this is the stock filter is the last line of defence. Going on three years of no fuel or injector problems. This was the very first mod I did, have previous experience with high pressure hydraulic systems and wanted to avoid problems caused by poor filtration etc. By the way always carry spares....
2003.5 2500 4x4 Reg Cab Long Box. 305/555 48Re 3.73 limited slip. Leer Cap,stainless grill guards&fender trim, Rhino liner,FASS 150/95,MBRP 4" Pro Series, Prodigy, Isspro EV Pyro,Boost,Trans,fuel Gauges. SMARTY, AFE StageII PG7.De-badged.
Old 09-11-2007

Patrick:

if you put on 40,000 km per year than change both filters. It will cost you around $80 for both the 144 and the 10um filters. Going with the 3 is not problem except for 2 issues. 1. it will plug faster and 2. they are really expensive! I too always have spares and I too plumb through the stock cannister on my '02 with a 6um filter.
2012 3500 Laramie, LWB, Crew Cab, SRW, 4x4, 6.7L Oil Burner, 3:73 gears, Auto, S&B Air Intake, 35" Goodyear All Weather Tread, 2" Carrier Spring level kit with FOX Shocks, BD Adjustable Track Bar, Bright Source HID, Colour Match Canopy, VHF Radio and Cell Booster Cradle, AMP Bumper Step.
Old 09-12-2007

Our FF-1003 3um filters are only $35.00 BTW.

We say about 50,000-60,000 miles out of the fuel filters. The water separator can be back flushed with Gas or something similar. BUT they are cheap enough to change as well. Just make sure you donít get a separator that is less than 144um....there are ones as low as 2um out there. This "Strainer" is on the suction side of the pump. You donít want any restriction or bad things could happen (Cavitation).
Old 09-12-2007

I'm also connected to the stock canister. I have a spare canister filter in the truck.

I have put 30000KM this year on the truck and about 15K on the FASS so far, so I guess I'm still good for a little while but will order spares just in case.

Thanks for the replies guys.
2003 Burgundy 2500 SLT Quad Cab 2x4 6 speed Short Box 3.73 11.5", limited slip, Chromed Wheels, Access Tonneau Cover, Westin Platinum Series Chromed Nerf Bars, Vtech Chromed Tail light Covers, Putco Chromed Door and Tailgate handles, Chromed Bed cap rail, Amsoil BMK15 Bypass filtration, Amsoil Air & fuel filter, ISSPRO EV Pyro, Boost, EGT Gages with Autometer on-dash Pod, Prodigy Brake Controller, FASS 150/95, Bilstein Shocks.

5er: 2008 Wildcat 32QBBS