Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Archived Threads > General Prelaunch Discussions about the 6.7L
General Prelaunch Discussions about the 6.7L This section has now been archived, and has been left here for general information purposes only. Please post all new topics in the appropriate 4th Generation section.

Old 02-10-2007

Default Largest Truck dealer

Where/who is the largest Dodge truck dealer in the U.S.? Looking to buy a new truck in '08-'09 and need to know where to go. My local dealers are a joke.
Old 02-10-2007

Default Re: Largest Truck dealer

Try Dave Smith in Idaho and Lou Futz in St. Louis.
Old 02-10-2007

Dave Smith in Kellog Idaho, I bought my 2007 Ram fully loaded for $3700 under invoice right off the rail car. Definately NO hassle buying is what they advertise and it is true.
Old 02-11-2007

http://davesmithmotors.com/
04 Laramie (H) 2500 HO QC 4X4 48RE 3:73 LS Putco Boss Bars LineX AFE Stage II Silver Stars 956 Moto's high idle ROKK sensor FASS MagHytec Diffs & DD trans pan

The Second Amendment is only vague if:
1. You cannot read and comprehend the English language
2. Choose to selectively alter the meaning of "the people" from amendment to amendment
3. Have never read any of the writings of the Founders

Anything else is a willful effort to twist the meaning of the Constitution to fit an agenda, or profound stupidity."
Old 02-11-2007

I personnally wouldn't ever buy a new truck ever again. Find out who repo's vehicles in your area. Most vehicles that get repoed can be purchased for pennies on the dollar.
1997 Ram 3500 Club Cab Dually SLT 5.9l Cummins (sold)
Old 02-12-2007

As far as trying to deal. go to the dodge website build what you want and use the option to get a dealer quote. Also build it on Edmunds or Kelly Bluebook to find out the invoice price.

The dealer that gets closest to the invoice is where you want to deal at.
Step 1. the price you are trying to achieve is a purchase price under invoice plus you get the rebtes or known factory incentives.
Invoice is pretty close to what a dealer pays. He will get a "commision" or holdback (profit) paid to him by DC of about 3% of msrp when he sells a vehicle so he may or may not want to share it with you. Also there may be other incentives to the dealer but we will never know

Step 2. Stick to your guns at invoice or less. If a dealer won't sell at invoice he is crazy. I can walk into any dealership here in Milwaukee. tell them what truck I want ask them to show me the invoic, tell them I want it for invoice and every one of them will come back with a contract without batting an eye.

Now only if I could get a Viper that easy!
06 Atlantic Blue Quad Cab SLT 4X4 Auto, Bighorn, 3:73, loadflat and Maxcare
Old 02-12-2007

they say Towbin Dodge in vegas is the biggest dont know for sure just givin what i heard
2005 SLT 2500 3.73 Automatic, reg cab, spray in liner, stull runnin boards,12 volt winch power to bed, slide out loading ramp 4ft by 8ft.Bone stock silencer now MIA other than that bone stock CUZ IT DOES ALL I WANT IT TO DO
06 dodge 1/2 ton 2wd gasser 4.7 l auto [replacement for giving the son the ford]
02 lincoln ls for cruisin
Old 02-12-2007

Now only if I could get a Viper that easy! [/quote]

I would be happy to sell you a Viper for invoice! I would do the same on almost any Dodge/Chrysler product for that matter.
03 Short,Quad,48re,HO,4x4,Diablo sport programmer,Trans temp guage,Pyro,Boost guage, ATS Trans & Converter, remote start, Afe cold air intake, Kat skinz leather, massage seats, heated seats, 20" wheels, 2" leveling kit, rear air bags, 33" tires, Home built custom bumpers, 10k winch, carter booster pump.
Old 03-21-2007

Woodhouse Dodge in Blair Nebraska, will deliver anywhere in the US and you get it for invoice minus any rebates.
Old 05-12-2007

Integrity Dodge in Vegas is a much larger truck dealer than Towbin is. Dave Smith in Kellogg though I think is in fact the largest.

Do your homework...have them show you the invoice (Which also shows the holdback amount) and then arrange a price which gives up at least 50% of their holdback. (This might not work well on trucks that have sat on the lot for a long time) On a new order, which won't sit on the lot for more than a couple days, they should be willing to give up all but about $200-400 of the holdback.

The large dealers make their money from sales volume...so another truck out the door at any profit is a winning deal for them. You just have to let them know the deal you want up front.