Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 3rd Generation: DRIVETRAIN
Technical Info: 3rd Generation: DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of third generation (2003 - 2006) engine and drivetrain questions, solutions and upgrades.

Old 07-07-2006

Default Smarty Tuner?

Anyone know when this tuner will be available for the '03 ctd?
'03 2500 H.O.,Rokk Sensor ,K&N intake, 3.73,Bright White Q.C., 48RE,4x4 , 2" leveling kit, bilstien 5100 shocks, 35/12.50/17 Toyo M/T tires,Reflex sprayed in bedliner, Fold-a-cover bed cover, Bully Dog Power Pup w/Outlook Monitor, Pop-Up Gooseneck hitch, 4" exhaust turbo to tail w/AFE muffler.
Old 07-07-2006

Send a message via AIM to imported_Rob Watkins
Default Re: Smarty Tuner?

Soon ,I believe it is in the testing stage right now.
<a href="http://www.dieselram.com" target="_blank">http://www.dieselram.com</a>
Old 07-07-2006

from what I read Bob wagner who is real close to Marco from Mads electronics has one and is the only one testing it in the states.

just as rob stated, it is in the initial testing phases.
Old 07-18-2006

dyno testing completed last week. Smarty for common rail trucks will be shipping within 15 days for the 03-05.5 trucks

Ok, Sunday is here and we can start with some of the information that we put together last week after lots or dyno runs. Remember this is Marco meets dyno for the first time.

Lets start out by saying that torque management for both the auto and manual is a thing of the past if that is what you want or need.

Should have seen Marco's first deive with smarty running the 170HP program with the CaTCHer software enabled Holy crap it was

The 04.5 auto took off so fast that the tires were smoking and the power was on quick. The gate was approaching rather quickly and Marco went into action and make it through the gate

This was my first ride in a cr truck that could pull this hard from a stand, very impressive us an understatement.

so many word so little time so here is our first thoughts for the Smarty CR line up.

SW # 0 : Half power
SW # 1 : 30hp increase, with added timing .
SW # 2 : 60hp increase, no added timing.
SW# 3 : 60hp increase, with added timing.
SW # 4 : 90hp increase, no added timing.
SW# 5 : 90hp increase, with added timing.
SW # 6 : 130hp increase, no added timing.
SW# 7 : 130hp increase, with added timing.
SW # 8 : 170hp increase, no added timing.***
SW# 9 : 170hp increase, with added timing.***
(*** Only for the 04.5's and up)

All program will be same as vp cr half with timing and half with no timing.

The plan is to have smarty cr optimizied for a stack with the TST CR box for the ultimate combination.

I have to run more info soon.

This box is awesome

http://WWW.MADSELECTRONICS.COM
Old 07-19-2006

Alright, finally some information. Maybe you can answer Bob or hopefully Marco will see this. I have an 04.5 that has been flashed because my truck experieced a miss at around 2200 rpm. If I get a Smarty and need to set it back to stock what program will it load, the reflash, the DC original or some other "Smarty" stock setting? Also would it be ill-advised to use the settings that add timing to a truck using the Rokktech CPS?
Old 07-19-2006

eric, normaly the way programmers work is they actualy removes the programing in the ECM and replace it with the one you want from the tuner. then when you want to go back to stock it removes the programing that you put on there and replaces it with the one that you pulled off the ECM.

the only problem with this is there is a start counter in the ECM that counts the number of times the truck has been started. some programmers reset this number and when you go to the dealership for warranty work and they hook their OBDII scanner up and pull that number and see something that is odd they will either 1. start asking questions, or 2. immediately void your warranty and send you packing.

from what I have read over at TDR this one is supposed to be virtualy undetectable. the way I take this is DC would have to bring the super OBDII reader that can see every aspect of the computer programming and then can see the programming has been replaced before.

I am realy debateing getting this programmer, or a TST. I know the first run is going to be gobbled up quick since this is a highly anticipated product.
Old 07-19-2006

Seems you and I are in similar boats Drew. I swore I wouldn't mod mine until the warranty is up (47,000 right now). But last week I drove my cousin's 04.5 with a TST and was amazed at what it did. Now I'm starting to think I might be waivering. The Smarty seems like it would be a great choice with the only real drawback being you can't adjust on the fly. Then today I read about the TST economax and thought that I might wait for that instead. So many choices. First things first though, I need gauges.
Old 07-19-2006

I was the same way, and lately Ive been doing mods to the MAP sensor to get my engine to fuel a little quicker and harder. so far it has worked, but I know I could realy use some timeing that the MAP mod doesnt do.

I'm a cheap-o, but I might have to break myself of that and just bite the bullet and start the slide down the slippery BOMB hill.
Old 07-19-2006

smarty has all the latest stock software that dodge offers. you will get the latest stock software when smarty returns your truck back to stock.

http://WWW.MADSELECTRONICS.COM
Old 07-19-2006

Hi guys!
On July 03, 2006 I saw a dodge Cummins truck at the dunes in El Golfo de Santa Clara, it is like mine, but his truck has the Cummins logo in the front of the fender, so I assume it is 03, 04, or 05. The guy told me he has an Italian chip. Yesterday I was searching for that Italian chip, and only found the Smarty.
So, there is another Italian chip? Some body knows that?
If the Smarty is not for sale now, then, he is the guy that was experiment with this chip?
Or may be the guy only TOLD ME LIES.
May be was the last one.
The Smarty seems to be very good choice, I am drooling for that numbers, I am assure it will have successfully sales.

BTW, his truck has big and beautiful clouds of smoke.
Patotas.