Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 2nd Gen 24 VALVE DRIVETRAIN
Technical Info: 2nd Gen 24 VALVE DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of second generation (1998 - 2002) 24-valve engine and drivetrain questions, solutions and upgrades.

Old 01-21-2014

Default 47re trans

So I'm in the process of building the tranny in my 01 ram 3500. I'm thinkin about going with goerend triple tc, vale body, billet input shaft, flex plate possibly the tail shaft. They say that should be able to hold what I am goin to do. I'm at stock now except straight pipe and intake. I wanna do some injectors possibly a chip/programmer and will haul anything from 5 to 16000 pounds. Is there anything else I should add if so what?
Old 01-22-2014
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to MAXTORQ Send a message via Skype™ to MAXTORQ

What is your horsepower goal?

Welcome.

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 01-22-2014

I'm not goin to do much, probably just a little bigger injects and edge juice with attitude. I probably won't go over 50 to 100 more. It does want I want it to but I'd like just a bit more. Thanks
Old 01-22-2014
Administrator

Then throwing billet shafts at it is a waste of money.

Good billet towing convertor, add extra clutches in the forward and direct drum and overdrive. Put billet servos in with hardened anchor and strut. Then use a DNJ governor pressure solonoid.

This combo will hold a honest 450hp towing.

The real secret is putting together a decent valvebody that will give the required pressures.

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 01-22-2014

Ok. Is there a kit with the clutches and servos and stuff or do you just piece it together. The stock shafts will hold that much power, I didn't think they would. Goerend is suppose to have a good valve body, from what I have heard. I just want to be safe in the long run with my tranny, I didn't want an auto but for what I paid for my truck I just couldn't pass it up. Thanks for the info
Old 01-23-2014
Administrator

Are you building this yourself?

Power will be just fine so long as you not the one out doing boost launches.

Dave Goerand quit building transmissions all he sells is parts now, but yes he has pretty good VB's and converters.

If your in Oregon go visit Rip at Source Automotive. He's in Milwakee.

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 01-23-2014

A guy I know builds trannys and I'm just gonna take it to him. I won't do boost launches maybe a burnout or something here and there. I used to know a guy that had one of Dave's 47re that he built and it was about bulletproof. This truck is my daily driver and goes on trips for riding and stuff so I want it to be reliable. I know this is the wrong place but what your preference on injectors?
Old 01-23-2014
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins dually View Post
A guy I know builds trannys and I'm just gonna take it to him. I won't do boost launches maybe a burnout or something here and there. I used to know a guy that had one of Dave's 47re that he built and it was about bulletproof. This truck is my daily driver and goes on trips for riding and stuff so I want it to be reliable. I know this is the wrong place but what your preference on injectors?

Well I'm biased so your asking the wrong person.

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 01-23-2014

Maxtorq is the best for injectors and honest, just call him tell him what you need and he will make it happen I am planning a trip to see him 450 miles to get them installed when I need them hands down no questions asked
2005 SLT 2500 3.73 Automatic, reg cab, spray in liner, stull runnin boards,12 volt winch power to bed, slide out loading ramp 4ft by 8ft.Bone stock silencer now MIA 95 gph fass adjustable pump and straw kit
06 dodge 1/2 ton 2wd gasser 4.7 l auto [replacement for giving the son the ford] went to my mother 2016 1500 5.7hemi 10,000 original miles

2014 Cadillac CTS 2.0 turbo
Old 01-23-2014

Ok will do, thanks pullinforme. Maxtorque is there a kit for those clutches if so, who?

Tags
47re, dodge tranny, drivetrain upgrade, transmission build