Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 2nd Gen 24 VALVE DRIVETRAIN
Technical Info: 2nd Gen 24 VALVE DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of second generation (1998 - 2002) 24-valve engine and drivetrain questions, solutions and upgrades.

Old 07-04-2017

Default Need more power

Howdy all. My 2001 Dodge with 6 speed manual tranny is bone stock. I have a set of injectors that are rated to give 70 more hp. My question is, is this a good swap. I need a tad more power when towing my travel trailer in the mountains, or should I just go with a controller?
Thanks for any and all opinions.
Old 07-05-2017

Send a message via ICQ to CaptainCummins Send a message via AIM to CaptainCummins Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainCummins

You won't notice much from the injectors without something to tell them to add more fuel. A tuner will really wake it up
Old 07-05-2017

Thank you. Kind of thought that would be the case, been looking at a few.
Old 07-06-2017

Twins, you need twins.
'91.5 somewhat stock w-250 4x4 5sp Except for the EVIL twin turbos, K&N filter, two small shopping cart dents in right door, Monroe SENAS-TRAC rear shocks. cheap $35 air horns. KDP tabbed. South Bend clutch 13-1.25 Con O. Max stixs, 4" Rip Exhaust,No Muffler, Old Smokey fuel pin. EGR rear disc. Engine breathed on by Max.
My Black Cloud Is Back!...
2012 3500 crew cab Ram 6spd manual, 8' box
I'm just so tired of being tired
Now on facebook
Old 07-12-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreddog View Post
Twins, you need twins.
Perhaps but I think I'll begin with a Quad Adrenaline. Haven't decided yet I'm trying to get the 85 Mercedes 300SD fixed for young son soon to be driving.
2000 Quad Cab,Longbed, NV4500, 410 Gears, 4X4, ISSPro gauges, Thuren 3rd Gen Trackbar (beautiful), AGR Steering Box - box works - NOPE, spoke too soon. Never AGR again. 2 dumped fluid & lost brakes & steering, 4th is too loose. AGR = pp quality control & long wait for replacement (doing something different. Will update with what works), DSS Steering Brace, AirDog 100 = 13# solid, Rusty Doors (POR15 at the bottom for now covered with color match Rustoleum)
Old 07-14-2017

Do you have a lift pump fuel pressure gauge caldave?

Lots of people like the Quad for it's tune-ability. The Edge Comp doesn't set limits, you just pick a power range and go.
Bigger injectors can heat things up, especially towing heavy in the mountains. The stock clutch is easily overpowered when adding too much fuel and air. Stock injectors and turbo will help keep it in line. I believe the plug and play Edge EZ picks you up around 50hp.
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley lift pump next to the fuel tank/13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, 62-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch, 7x.013" Maxstix

Time to turn so's you don't burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar View Post
If you remove the gutters, you won't have to clean them. Problem solved..
True love is when she gives you the ham from her egg mcmuffin

Last edited by Clunk; 07-14-2017 at 05:57 PM..