Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > General Diesel Topics > RV and Medium / Heavy Duty Applications
RV and Medium / Heavy Duty Applications NEW! We've added a forum to cover questions relating to diesel powered Recreational Vehicles, and Medium / Heavy Duty Trucks! Post your questions here!

Old 10-09-2008

Default Re: Tech, Says Stay Away From 6.7 Cummins For 08

Nord while I have read most every post of yours I need to take exception and inform once a lp tank is hooked up to a vehicle it now falls under DOT rules for tiedowns,valves,and recertification[in my state] while I applaud your basic idea as a cheap way to reduce emissions the installation of such products will no doubt raise the price of a vehicle more than what manufacturers deem plausible and with the unit mounted in vehichle it would subject to road tax todays price 3.55 gallon for propane. My take is that as long as we have been racing[I can build it bigger and badder and faster ] You need HP to do this as a result more HP less MPG We all know how good our trucks perform and pull [I have never hooked up to anything that I need more power for ]up to 24000 GVW loads 6.7 engine forget I do not need it. info and rant over
2005 SLT 2500 3.73 Automatic, reg cab, spray in liner, stull runnin boards,12 volt winch power to bed, slide out loading ramp 4ft by 8ft.Bone stock silencer now MIA 95 gph fass adjustable pump and straw kit
06 dodge 1/2 ton 2wd gasser 4.7 l auto [replacement for giving the son the ford] went to my mother 2016 1500 5.7hemi 10000 original miles

2014 Cadillac CTS 2.0 turbo
Old 01-01-2009

Default Re: Tech, Says Stay Away From 6.7 Cummins For 08

So far, after my last fix a few months ago (computor upgrade, sensors, and exhaust wrap, cleaning of turbo and air intake system). My problem was the check engine light always coming on. So far all is well, and running strong.
Old 01-21-2011

Back to the 6.7. My diesel tech says he'll not buy anything but the 6.7 from here out. The overheating is the turbo which is cooking the engine and the turbo. Some codes have to be changed, parts removed and his 6.7 is as fast as a wailing banshee and getting 20mpg.

I'm towing with my 96 3500 still but looking for an 08 3500. I'll take it to Jeff and let him do his thing and get back on the road. My 96 at 358,000 is getting tired. But the old thing is setup just like I want. I wonder if a rebuild is in it's future? And a body stretch.

pt
Old 01-21-2011
Administrator

Yea mine is getting tired too i've been thinking about the need for a newer one in the near future.Apparently the "09"s an '10's are working quite well with the changes they have made since the '08's. Then there is also the '03-04.5's that seem to work well too.

sold
'96 2500SLT CC LB 2WD, KDP tabbed,100Hp Maxsticks,16* ,3k gsk,afc modded,#8 tst plate,62/70/13 turbo,4" MBRP exhaust,AFE stage III dry filter intake,autometer boost pyro, oil, tran temp,DSS,rebuilt diff & tranny w/billet triple lock TC w/lockup switch,1tn rear cylinders,ride rites on all 4 corners w/on board air,465k km. 330 hp 766 ft/lbs
Old 01-21-2011
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to MAXTORQ Send a message via Skype™ to MAXTORQ

CC,

Sure you just don't want me to build you one?

www.maxtorqdiesel.com