Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Other Topics > On The Side
On The Side The name says it all. Are you bored? Have a rough day? Cat cough up a hairball? Well come on in and tell us about it! Here you will find discussions on almost everything under the sun. No Religion Or Politics are to be discussed here. PERIOD!

Old 07-04-2018

Hot n muggy today, I truly am blessed with an air conditioned shop to work in. Just had a root canal done today, totally painless.

2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Heavy Duty, SLT Quad Cab, Bilstiens, levelling kit, BD Steering Box Stabilizer Bar, BD heavy duty swaybar links, BD double deep tranny pan, Edge moniter, otherwise completely stock.(for now)
Old 07-05-2018

Good morning DR, 70ish to 90ish and front on its way.....downright chilly for the weekend. might see overnights in the 50's. Need to get the scoot in for its 1k checkup. Saturday looking good for that. Visited family yesterday, grandson growing like a weed. Loves music and I'm starting him off right.
'06 2500 Brilliant Black Pearl Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, AFE 4" cat back, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 2 BIG BALLS (shift knobs) from Geno's, 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'74 Trans Am, someday car.......
'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 07-05-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIGIRON View Post
Just had a root canal done today, totally painless.
Helps when you have the right dentist. Tuesdays visit didn't go as well for me. Complications with an extraction turned into surgery. So, I didn't do much yesterday. Too hot anyway.
Cool 50 this AM. Out to the house to see what I can (or can't) get done. The tree guy is supposed to show up today.
Old 07-05-2018

[QUOTE=cougar;1931420]Helps when you have the right dentist. Tuesdays visit didn't go as well for me. Complications with an extraction turned into surgery. So, I didn't do much yesterday.

Sorry to hear that Coug, I had a root canal done on this tooth back in 2016, but he somehow missed a root so it went absess, went back to him almost 2 years later, was on antibiotics and steroids and pain killers for 3 weeks, in a lot of discomfort with the pain and the meds. Couldnt get me in til July 18th, luckily, there was a cancellation and he did it yesterday. Had to drive 100 miles to see him twice, missed 3 days of work. But its over and he did it all free. He also had to make two cuts into my gums to drain the infection.
Couldnt sleep because of the meds.Glad its over. I thought being on steroids, I'd be buffed for the summer, ....didn't do anything

2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Heavy Duty, SLT Quad Cab, Bilstiens, levelling kit, BD Steering Box Stabilizer Bar, BD heavy duty swaybar links, BD double deep tranny pan, Edge moniter, otherwise completely stock.(for now)
Old 07-05-2018

Sunny, muggy 90's today. Spent the whole day driving, getting loaded with rock then spreading it out of the bed at the worksite...a pretty good day.
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley lift pump next to the fuel tank/13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, 62-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch, 7x.013" Maxstix

Time to turn so's you don't burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar View Post
If you remove the gutters, you won't have to clean them. Problem solved..
True love is when she gives you the ham from her egg mcmuffin
Old 07-06-2018

Good morning DR, cool start to a cool day, 68* and 84* is the best guess for the high. Wiring issues and engine work....Air conditioning jobs as well. Busiest we have ever been. I like it.
'06 2500 Brilliant Black Pearl Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, AFE 4" cat back, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 2 BIG BALLS (shift knobs) from Geno's, 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 07-06-2018

Good Morning DIeselRam....
71 now, 90 something later, rain chances increasing just a little & higher this weekend.

Hauled inventory yesterday, straight from plant to a dealer, about 100 mile trip one way.
A lot less physical than delivery and setup.

New temp sensor/sender seemed to help the 07. Never got over 220 yesterday, fully loaded and holding 60mph.
Also checked the thermostat in boiling water, opened by 190.
The rubber flapper/gasket on the upstream/bottom side was a little boogered so it fell off before re-installation revealing 6 small holes in the surrounding flange.

Now, Air Conditioning......

Solar race team leaves Thursday headed to Fort Worth.
Green flag drops Monday morning at 9.
Stock, until...
My Other Truck is a Fire Engine!!
Old 07-06-2018

Got to 80 yesterday. Too darned hot! Afternoon thunder storm cooled things down a bit. Worked mostly inside the house yesterday were it stayed nice and cool. Got the dryer wired and the back splash around the bathroom sink done. And changed all the locks. Off to the hardware store so I can finish the washing machine wiring, dryer vent, and hide all the holes in the sheet rock.
The Arborist (tree cutter) took down 23 trees yesterday for $500. Thought that was a pretty good deal by AK standards. Gotta buy a chain saw now and cut everything up for fire wood.
Old 07-06-2018

Cloudy 90's with intermittent showers that kept finding me....still hauled asphalt to the paver and "stayed in the box".

Best wishes to Ralph and the rest of the Solar Race Team.
Does he get to take a big lunchbox....we could line the inside of the box with thin lithium cells....just to keep things fair
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley lift pump next to the fuel tank/13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, 62-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch, 7x.013" Maxstix

Time to turn so's you don't burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar View Post
If you remove the gutters, you won't have to clean them. Problem solved..
True love is when she gives you the ham from her egg mcmuffin

Last edited by Clunk; 07-06-2018 at 06:39 PM..
Old 07-07-2018

Good morning DR, overcast and 62*, 80ish later. good snoozing weather...up early and of to KnoxVegas with the bike, miles roll up fast when you take long rides Best of luck to our Solar race team. Stay Hydrated My Friend.

'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon