Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 2nd Gen 24 VALVE DRIVETRAIN
Technical Info: 2nd Gen 24 VALVE DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of second generation (1998 - 2002) 24-valve engine and drivetrain questions, solutions and upgrades.

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Default Another 2000 dodge question

So I went and called Edge tuners and asked them which of their programmers would best suit me towing needs and address the need for more power when towing. When talking to the customer service guy and telling him what my truck was as soon as I told him it was a cab and chassis dually he said that none of their programmers would work at all in it because it was a cad and chassis. That stumped me and he explained that even though it is the same motor as in a pick-up it has different coding that their tuners don't work with and he said he was sorry but I would have to find another programmer that can be used in a cab and chassis truck.

Has anyone ever come across this issue? If so what's my next move to address the power.

Thanks
Old 2 Weeks Ago

I'd check here,
http://www.maxtorqdiesel.com/

http://www.maxtorqdiesel.com/contact-1
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley lift pump next to the fuel tank/13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, 62-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch, jammer 100's

Time to turn so's you don't burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreddog View Post
if I get new gutters every year I never need to clean them
True love is when she gives you the ham from her egg mcmuffin
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clunk View Post

Sent Rob a message.
Old 1 Week Ago

that's just strange.
'91.5 somewhat stock w-250 4x4 5sp Except for the EVIL twin turbos, K&N filter, two small shopping cart dents in right door, Monroe SENAS-TRAC rear shocks. cheap $35 air horns. KDP tabbed. South Bend clutch 13-1.25 Con O. Max stixs, 4" Rip Exhaust,No Muffler, Old Smokey fuel pin. EGR rear disc. Engine breathed on by Max.
My Black Cloud Is Back!...
2012 3500 crew cab Ram 6spd manual, 8' box
I'm just so tired of being tired
Now on facebook
Old 1 Week Ago

https://www.doublerdiesel.com/mm3-tu...tions-answers/

Here is the only info I found.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreddog View Post
that's just strange.
The above link I posted refers to a newer year but I am left to assume what I was told by Edge is true, but hopefully Rob can give me better insite and hopefully help address the power without breaking the bank or my truck.
Old 1 Week Ago
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to MAXTORQ Send a message via Skype™ to MAXTORQ

Honestly TST makes the best tuner for the VP trucks. Edge products are just pump and injector killers.

Just because yours happens to be a cab chassis makes NO difference in these years.

Now for the ugly. Pulling a total weight of 25k with this truck is ..... well way too much. Your barking on the medium truck realm at 18k being dragged by 7200k.

But if your set on it. Towing twins, RV 275s a manual trans with a dual disc and at minimum 4.10 gears. An automatic truck with 3.54 gears will only net you the speed of heat.

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXTORQ View Post
Honestly TST makes the best tuner for the VP trucks. Edge products are just pump and injector killers.

Just because yours happens to be a cab chassis makes NO difference in these years.

Now for the ugly. Pulling a total weight of 25k with this truck is ..... well way too much. Your barking on the medium truck realm at 18k being dragged by 7200k.

But if your set on it. Towing twins, RV 275s a manual trans with a dual disc and at minimum 4.10 gears. An automatic truck with 3.54 gears will only net you the speed of heat.

the total weight including truck trailer and load is 25k max, the 2 trailers I pull with it are 14k gvw.