Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 3rd Generation: NON-DRIVETRAIN
Technical Info: 3rd Generation: NON-DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of third generation (2003 - 2007) non drivetrain questions, solutions and upgrades. Please -- DO NOT post drivetrain discussions in this forum!

Old 04-17-2014

Default Need better headlights

Any suggestions on how to go about getting better lighting?
Rigid Industries make LED light bars.
One can be mounted between the tow hooks.
There are fog light kits for about $150 too.
thanks

2 '05 2500 4x4,QC's 48RE,3.73,Limited Slip,Plow Prep,Linex,ROKK,Afe 2 & Amsoil fluids (Boss 9'2" V-blades )

#1 SMARTY cr(SW5),TOYO/AT2's 285-70/17E's,Quad Commander,TransGo shift kit,Prodigy,Fold-a-cover,60 gal RDS aux tank,Corsa exhaust,FASS95/95 3 micron,Mag-Hytec DD tran pan,Bilsteins.
Pull a Cameo 5er (8800 lbs empty)

#2 SUPERCHIPS flashpaq & TOYO/AT2's 285-70/17E's, MBRP
Knowledge: Truth apprehended
Understanding: Truth comprehended
Wisdom: Truth applied
Old 04-17-2014

I put silverstar bulbs in my 03. I put them in the factory fog lights too. Also there is a way to make the factory fog lights stay on when the high beams are on. I found the better bulbs helped a lot. But lighting was still one of my biggest complaints about the truck.
Old 04-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbaldguy View Post
Also there is a way to make the factory fog lights stay on when the high beams are on.
Can this be done without flashing the computer?
1997 Ram 3500 Club Cab Dually SLT 5.9l Cummins
Old 04-17-2014

Gary,
Check out:
https://www.lmctruck.com/

John
STOLEN: '98 Ram Dually quad cab; 4X4; auto with mystery switch; 4:10's; BHAF; 4" MBRP exhaust; 3K Governor spring kit; #5 plate; timing @15.5; 63/65/14 turbo; 90 hp injectors; Isspro pyro, boost & tranny temp gauges; DSS steering stabilizer; adjustable heavy duty track bar, Snow Water/Methanol Injection Tow-Max System.
Old 04-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmahnke View Post
Can this be done without flashing the computer?
Yes. There is a jumper wire that can be added under the dash....I did it so long ago I don't remember how I did it....I will look for the info and post it here
Old 04-18-2014

This worked on my 04 and should for other years up to 06. I found the threads on the fog light jumper but that makes the fogs come on all the time without control of them and I did not want that. I made them come on with the high beams only. You still have control of them with the park lights and low beams, but when you switch on the high beams, the fogs come on. All you need is a relay.

Here is what I did: Remove the drivers headlight and the 2 light harnesses. Run a wire from the high beam wire, don't remember what color, I think it was either white/blue or white/green. Run that to pin 85 on the relay. Hook pins 86 & 87 to ground, and then pin 30 to pin 86 on the fog lamp relay in the fuse box (relay 62 I beleive).

Thats it, no lamp out lights either. When the high beams are activated so is the relay, sending a ground signal to the coil of the fog lamp relay, activating it. You can use small gauge wire for everything since it's all just signal wires with no loads, I used 16-18 gauge.

This is a copy of a how to thread on another forum. This is not the source I used to do mine but the instructions sound similar to what I did. Also my truck was an 03'