Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Other Topics > On The Side
On The Side The name says it all. Are you bored? Have a rough day? Cat cough up a hairball? Well come on in and tell us about it! Here you will find discussions on almost everything under the sun. No Religion Or Politics are to be discussed here. PERIOD!

Old 04-03-2010
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to MAXTORQ Send a message via Skype™ to MAXTORQ

And besides as usual people can't read .

It's called a RANT THREAD. Not a general BS thread. That what you have the Other Section in general for.

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 04-03-2010

and if we had two of them, we would have pair-rant threads! groan ...

SOLD 97 2500 4x4 ExtCab LB Auto; Isspro gauges (pyro, boost, tranny); 75hp Maxsticks, MaxTrans auto, KDP killed; BD DSS; 3rd gen 17" wheels; GM 1ton rear brake cylinders; Westin step bars; Pakbrake exhaust brake, TS Performance TC Lockup.
Old 04-03-2010

Send a message via Yahoo to Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXTORQ View Post
Man you people must lead a boring life . My kids wake daddy up every moring.
Mine tuck me in. Do you know how hard it is to sleep with a 3yo running around screaming with her brothers chasing her?

I was helping a friend move found a electric cattle rod in the barn she said I could have it. My boys are 11 and 15 that's old enough for a wakeup call right?
100Hp injectors, smarty tuner, 4"MBRP, 3 Guage pillar, EGT, Fuel Pressure, Boost, South Bend Clutch Hydraulics
soon to have South Bend Clutch and ARP head studs.

My Chipmunks are on Steroids

I'm trapped in my own masculinity please don't try and help.

Biblical proof the world is against me John 15:19."
Old 04-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
Do you know how hard it is to sleep with a 3yo running around screaming with her brothers chasing her?

That was the rant part Max.
100Hp injectors, smarty tuner, 4"MBRP, 3 Guage pillar, EGT, Fuel Pressure, Boost, South Bend Clutch Hydraulics

Old 04-03-2010

OK, so I got talked into coaching the girls softball team(High school)this year.. We're having a not so great 2-12 season as of today. Got to the field this morning and it hadn't been striped?? WTF is up with that?? Not to mention the park restrooms were locked up... Sigh. Back there again Monday afternoon for a single game. It would be sooo nice to have our own field here at our school... Can't use the boys field as it is a different size.. Keep us in your thoughts. We have 12 more games to go....
Old 04-03-2010

Real rant:
Background:
I am not the on call service tech anymore, (was the 24/7 365 on-call guy fro 20 odd years), I got displaced by a new hire who wanted the overtime, and brown-noses the estimator to get it. (He goes on a service call, and then calls me to find out how to fix the problem.)
Rant: The estimator in question calls me, and asks if I could stop and take care of a service problem 'on my way home', so I do, no sweat.
The next day, same thing, same answer.
Monday following, I turn in my time, and the office manager (top dog) asks why I am doing service calls, and I tell him just trying to do the team player thing, no big deal.
He must have mentioned it to the estimator, because on Tuesday, the jerk hands me a piece of paper, and tells me it is a 'verbal reprimand' for not filling out Field Level Safety Hazard Assessment forms for 2, 2 hour service calls!

Needless to say, I am PO'ed, (too close to retirement to quit), so, on Wednesday, I hand the jerk some papers that 'verbally reprimand' HIM for dispatching me to jobs that he had not done hazard assessments on.
(I then scheduled myself to be out of town for a week.)
Long story, but I had to vent.
Old 04-14-2010

Got a call from the boss about all the oil on the ground at one of the stores dock asking me if the truck had a problem. I said yes it has an oil leak. Boss asks "why haven't you written it up?" I told him I did....twice and told the shop mangler. He told me the shop mangler didn't know anthing about it. I said he did and the moron who just changed the oil that is employed by the shop also knows consdering that he just changed the oil yesterday. Boss then replies that I should have told him there was an issue. I replied that the issue is the shop mangler doesn't have a clue what he's doing and po'd the only guy that could fix stuff right so much he quit. And furthermore I should not have to come to him to get a truck fixed all I should have to do is write it up ONCE. I then hung up the phone and refuse to answer when he called me back. I then turned to the store manager and let him know that I am tring to get the truck fixed like I said and thanks for nothing.

I don't think I have ever mentioned how much I love my job. I just found out that out of over 200 drivers I am tied for top of the list with 6 other drivers for saftey. I've only creamed two deer and popped the front bumper off once on a snow bank. Not bad over 600k.

Old 04-15-2010

Took off my snow tires weekend before last. Last night we got one of those late "no significant accumulation" (local joke) snows. That is why I'm here and not at work.
Old 04-15-2010

Send a message via Yahoo to RAMNYOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
Mine tuck me in. Do you know how hard it is to sleep with a 3yo running around screaming with her brothers chasing her?

I was helping a friend move found a electric cattle rod in the barn she said I could have it. My boys are 11 and 15 that's old enough for a wakeup call right?
I grew up with a cattle prod used on me regularly.... ya'll reckon that's what is wrong with me? lol

Oh & btw my rant is this:

My Mom just finished up a visit with us for 3 wks. Before she left she said she needed to discuss a serious matter with me. She was concerned that I should make an appt with my doc and ask him for some drugs to "calm" me down! WTF?! I have been a hyper spazz freak of nature my whole life & I like it! She even mentioned I should ask for a specific drug, Attavan (sp?). My silly Mom... but I love her! lol

"If dogs are man's best friend, then the Labrador Retriever must be his soul mate."

2003 3500 H.O. 4x4, 6 speed manual, Laramie Pkg, Quad Cab, AFE air filter, Heavy Duty Bilstein shocks & Ringectomy
2004 3500 H.O. 4X4 Auto, Laramie Pkg, Quad Cab, Ringectomy, AFE turbo back exhaust
Old 04-15-2010

My rant........ I just spent 96 freaking bucks on a freaking prescription to help me quit this freaking nicotine addiction called dipping because I found out that I had a heart attack not too long ago. The doc quizzed me on whether or not I was addicted or if it was just a habit and when I couldn't stop my freaking leg from twitching she realized after 28 years it's not just a habit. To top it off this freaking nicotine gum tastes like freaking SH&^! and everyone at work is driving me crazy and I want a freaking dip!

I now wish I would have listened to my mom and not started this freaking habit........

Okay, now I feel a little better

Now driving a gasser