Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > News and Announcements > New Member Introductions and FAQ!
New Member Introductions and FAQ! New Member Forum for saying "Hello!"

Old 04-01-2018

Default Not new, also just old

Been here a long time but not on much lately. Just traded my 14 2500 for an 2018 2500. Delaer really wanted low millage used diesels and seem willing to trade quite right. Got a very good trade in price for my 36K truck and now have an 2018. Not a lot new, but just enough to make it new. Ride is good performance about the same, (have not towed with it yet) but did notice Rem has somewhat dealt with the severe lag if your foot sliped off the go pedal. Old (14) truck took 5 or 6 seconds to regain throttle which could cause an accident quickly while trying the same on the 18 only 1/2 second or so lag. Otherwise only had it a few days so still checking it out. The Android phone system is really nice though. Haven't even dented the features there but they seem many. No longer need Nav as Google takes over that function quite well.

As I learn will post further.
Old 04-01-2018

Good to see you donhov, it has been awhile.
Hope you're doing well and congrats on yer new truck.
Diamond Black Crystal Pearl, I bet that looks really good....may have to sneak off to the local dealer and check it out.
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley lift pump next to the fuel tank/13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, 62-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch, 7x.013" Maxstix

Time to turn so's you don't burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar View Post
If you remove the gutters, you won't have to clean them. Problem solved..
True love is when she gives you the ham from her egg mcmuffin
Old 04-02-2018

Congrats on the new truck! Been thinking about a new one, just sticker shock is slowing me down. Really afraid to drive one.,,,I might like it.
'06 2500 Brilliant Black Pearl Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, AFE 4" cat back, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 2 BIG BALLS (shift knobs) from Geno's, 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'74 Trans Am, someday car.......
'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 04-07-2018
Amsoil Sponsor

Congrats on the new truck. I went to look at new one. I just could not justify the cost anymore. Ended up with a Diesel Excursion in excellent condition with no trace if rust. Runs great, but now have a vibration under acceleration till i leave of the pedal. Pulling driveshaft tomorrow. Good luck with the new truck.
sales@syntheticoilspecialties.com
1-888-887-9052

SUPPORT YOUR SITE SPONSOR
Old 04-07-2018

Fully agree on the sticker shock thing. Saw a Big Horn I really liked but almost 80 grand. The SLT I got was a little over 60K but they really wanted my 2014 with 35K. After almost 40k trade in and reduction to 54k on the new one it weas well worth the trade. Just be forewarned new drivetrain warranty is now only 60K miles. Kinda suprised me but thats the way things are. Other wise quite the truck. The Anderoid Play is great. No longer need the nav. I do think the EGR service at 65K is not listed anymore either. Only 400 miles on it so far. time will tell.
Old 07-04-2018

OK, had some heart work done so truck sat for a month or so at less than 1000 miles. Finally took a road trip last week. Little over 2000 more miles all highway no trailer averages 20 1/2 MPG. Not bad for not being broken is yet. The end of this month will be going to Mi from Fl for a wedding and will see if we maintain that 20-22 mpg figure. Hopefully so. The 2014 got 24 for one summer but settled in at 18-19 average. Hoping the 18 gets a little better mileage. Oh, the 14 had Firestone Transforce and barely got 27k and they were at 2 to 3/32 remaining (that was with 5k rotations). I don;'t drive hard, the tires just didn't wear very well. The Wilderness on my 07 still had 3-4/32 at 75K when I traded it in. They were worn out but millage was very good. If I got 60k on the Firestones I'd be happy.
Old 07-04-2018

Hey donhov, glad you got over the heart work enough to run some miles up on your new truck.
I don't know much about them except they are good looking trucks.
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley lift pump next to the fuel tank/13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, 62-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch, 7x.013" Maxstix

Time to turn so's you don't burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar View Post
If you remove the gutters, you won't have to clean them. Problem solved..
True love is when she gives you the ham from her egg mcmuffin
Old 07-07-2018

Congrats on the new truck. Hey wait, where's the pics?
'91.5 somewhat stock w-250 4x4 5sp Except for the EVIL twin turbos, K&N filter, two small shopping cart dents in right door, Monroe SENAS-TRAC rear shocks. cheap $35 air horns. KDP tabbed. South Bend clutch 13-1.25 Con O. Max stixs, 4" Rip Exhaust,No Muffler, Old Smokey fuel pin. EGR rear disc. Engine breathed on by Max.
My Black Cloud Is Back!...
2012 3500 crew cab Ram 6spd manual, 8' box
I'm just so tired of being tired
Now on facebook
Old 07-09-2018
Administrator

sounds like a nice truck Don, i'm not surprised with the fiestones, haven't been a fan of them for a longtime.

sold
'96 2500SLT CC LB 2WD, KDP tabbed,100Hp Maxsticks,16* ,3k gsk,afc modded,#8 tst plate,62/70/13 turbo,4" MBRP exhaust,AFE stage III dry filter intake,autometer boost pyro, oil, tran temp,DSS,rebuilt diff & tranny w/billet triple lock TC w/lockup switch,1tn rear cylinders,ride rites on all 4 corners w/on board air,465k km. 330 hp 766 ft/lbs
Old 08-13-2018

OK, been a while again. Got pacemaker installed and then made the Fl to Mi trip. Averaged 21-22 mpg throughout the trip other than 1 tank that was only 18 or so. Don't remember the brand but think it was Murphy (Wal Mart) fuel. Truck rode well, got decent/good mileage and really enjoyed the trip. Grand daughtwer got married, finally at 35 years old at a ski lodge inear Traverse City. Beautiful venue, gorgous views and daughter from Washington State was there, Found a great AirBNB nest door to a Distillery, Iron Fish Distillery and got treated well by the owner who also owned the BNB. Lots of samples and a guided tour.
Finally the trip back home to end a beautiful 11 days.

Truck did well and I think we did also. Oh buy the way now at 7000 miles and truck was extremely muddy 3 miles of dirt road, rain regulary other than the wedding day but mud washes off.