Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 3rd Generation: DRIVETRAIN
Technical Info: 3rd Generation: DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of third generation (2003 - 2007) engine and drivetrain questions, solutions and upgrades.

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Default 48RE Valvebody Question

Is the valvebody "closed" when removed while trans is still in the truck? What I mean is, if I drop the VB down, will balls and other things be there that could easily lose their place? I need to drop the VB to look into the parking pawl linkage, but don't want screw up other things.

I remember long ago putting a shift kit in my turbo400. When the VB was lowered, the gasket and plate were loose and balls that had to be held in place by grease to keep them where they should be. I aint as young as back then!
Old 2 Weeks Ago

??? Max can answer me I am an educated idiot I do pay for some things to be done also a guy working in texas knows as much or more than max but I cannot remember his name
2005 SLT 2500 3.73 Automatic, reg cab, spray in liner, stull runnin boards,12 volt winch power to bed, slide out loading ramp 4ft by 8ft.Bone stock silencer now MIA 95 gph fass adjustable pump and straw kit
06 dodge 1/2 ton 2wd gasser 4.7 l auto [replacement for giving the son the ford] went to my mother 2017 1500 5.7hemi 10,000 original mile and 2018 Cadillac XTS
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by pullinforme View Post
??? Max can answer me I am an educated idiot I do pay for some things to be done also a guy working in texas knows as much or more than max but I cannot remember his name
He just had a birthday but hasn't checked in for years....Tim Holt.
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley lift pump next to the fuel tank/13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, 62-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch, jammer 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfueljockey View Post
Doc says I'm in pretty good shape for an 83 year old guy.....one of these days I need to tell him I'm 59.

Time to turn so's you don't burn.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Administrator

I do believe you can remove it with out any surprises, but not 100% sure.

sold
'96 2500SLT CC LB 2WD, KDP tabbed,100Hp Maxsticks,16* ,3k gsk,afc modded,#8 tst plate,62/70/13 turbo,4" MBRP exhaust,AFE stage III dry filter intake,autometer boost pyro, oil, tran temp,DSS,rebuilt diff & tranny w/billet triple lock TC w/lockup switch,1tn rear cylinders,ride rites on all 4 corners w/on board air,465k km. 330 hp 766 ft/lbs
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to MAXTORQ Send a message via Skype™ to MAXTORQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stob View Post
Is the valvebody "closed" when removed while trans is still in the truck? What I mean is, if I drop the VB down, will balls and other things be there that could easily lose their place? I need to drop the VB to look into the parking pawl linkage, but don't want screw up other things.

I remember long ago putting a shift kit in my turbo400. When the VB was lowered, the gasket and plate were loose and balls that had to be held in place by grease to keep them where they should be. I aint as young as back then!

The valvebody is a module unit so yes you can drop it with out any issues. What will drop out in your lap will be the governor piston and spring. Which is no big deal either. Be careful with the electrical connection that pokes through the case they break easy.

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 1 Week Ago

Thank you. As soon as it gets a bit warmer, I'll go at it.