Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Other Topics > On The Side
On The Side The name says it all. Are you bored? Have a rough day? Cat cough up a hairball? Well come on in and tell us about it! Here you will find discussions on almost everything under the sun. No Religion Or Politics are to be discussed here. PERIOD!

Old 02-29-2020

Good morning DR, don't know what it's going to do today, sun isn't up yet. Might go get a haircut, who knows.....Might take a nap after breakfast. It is up to me
'06 2500 Brilliant Black Pearl Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, AFE 4" cat back, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 2 BIG BALLS (shift knobs) from Geno's, 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'74 Trans Am, someday car.......
'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 02-29-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfueljockey View Post
Good morning DR, don't know what it's going to do today, sun isn't up yet. Might go get a haircut, who knows.....Might take a nap after breakfast. It is up to me
Why don't you put the coffee on, we're all heading up to your place

Raining all night, plus hi winds for a bit, enough for me to juggle the vehicles away from the trees. All my outdoor plans are pretty much cancelled today, so that'll probably mean doing some shopping in another town.
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Heavy Duty, SLT Quad Cab short box, Bilstiens, levelling kit, BD Steering Box Stabilizer Bar, BD heavy duty swaybar links, BD double deep tranny pan, Air bags, Onboard air, Fisher Snow Plow, 35" BFG K02 Tires Edge moniter.
Old 02-29-2020

Good Morning DieselRam!!!
Going to be a BEEE.AAA.UTIFUL day!! And I'm sitting on the clock..
Sunny and 32, climbing to 60 ish.
Maybe I'll wash my truck..
Tomorrow supposed to be similar with a few clouds so I'll make the most of that.
Last 2 days were pretty good haulin...except the 07 leaked nearly a quart of oil from the rear of the engine on Thursday!!
Then leaked almost none on Friday..
Rear main or pan gasket..
Gonna use a buddys shop on Wednesday and check it out.
Plan to change the pan gasket anyway.
One of my more experienced Cummins friends says use "The Right Stuff" instead of a gasket and no more troubles...
Stock, until...
My Other Truck is a Fire Engine!!

Last edited by smokediver; 02-29-2020 at 06:30 AM..
Old 02-29-2020

GOODMORNINGDIESELRAM....bad weekend. Yesterday the retina doctor told me I need surgery to fix me retina problem, but first the cataract that has been too small to do anything with has started to grow rapidly to the point is need to be removed before the retina surgery. To add to the bad news, Oregon has it's first case of Cornea virus just 20 miles from us. Hope the cataract surgeon contacts me next week to get this fixed. Question for my Kanadain friends how long would you have to wait on average there for this surgery?
'91.5 somewhat stock w-250 4x4 5sp Except for the EVIL twin turbos, K&N filter, two small shopping cart dents in right door, Monroe SENAS-TRAC rear shocks. cheap $35 air horns. KDP tabbed. South Bend clutch 13-1.25 Con O. Max stixs, 4" Rip Exhaust,No Muffler, Old Smokey fuel pin. EGR rear disc. Engine breathed on by Max.
My Black Cloud Is Back!...
2012 3500 crew cab Ram 6spd manual, 8' box
I'm just so tired of being tired
Now on facebook
Old 02-29-2020

Sunny 40's today and no dumptruckin.
Went to Harbor Freight and bought one of their lightweight 1.5 ton aluminum floor jacks.
It wouldn't raise enough to get the pass. side front wheel off the ground. That corner of the car must weigh over 3000 lbs. They refunded my money so I guess I'll need a 3 ton/6000b. jack to get that wheel up.
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley lift pump next to the fuel tank/13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, 62-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch, jammer 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfueljockey View Post
Doc says I'm in pretty good shape for an 83 year old guy.....one of these days I need to tell him I'm 59.

Time to turn so's you don't burn.
Old 02-29-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreddog View Post
GOODMORNINGDIESELRAM....bad weekend. Yesterday the retina doctor told me I need surgery to fix me retina problem, but first the cataract that has been too small to do anything with has started to grow rapidly to the point is need to be removed before the retina surgery. To add to the bad news, Oregon has it's first case of Cornea virus just 20 miles from us. Hope the cataract surgeon contacts me next week to get this fixed. Question for my Kanadain friends how long would you have to wait on average there for this surgery?

Sorry to hear about this BRD, to be honest, I have no idea how long you'd have to wait, but heres an example, the wife has to have her heart tested, she has an appointment in October, she saw the doctor last October. Pretty sad eh.

Cloudy with a few spits of rain, so I did an oil change on the wifes car, then took off the tranny pan on my truck, and installed the double deep BD panafter I changed the filters and fluid. What a mess draining the oil with the factory pan with no drain plug. I got the chrysler ATF+4 SYNTHETIC O/E oil. Took about 10 litres. And half a bag of cat litter to soak up the oil that missed the drain pans.
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Heavy Duty, SLT Quad Cab short box, Bilstiens, levelling kit, BD Steering Box Stabilizer Bar, BD heavy duty swaybar links, BD double deep tranny pan, Air bags, Onboard air, Fisher Snow Plow, 35" BFG K02 Tires Edge moniter.
Old 03-01-2020

Good morning DR, massive headache this morning, hoping the coffee helps.....took the scooter out for an hour or so yesterday legs got cold, put chaps on next time.....of to get some breakfast.....hang in there brd, they do this all the time....you'll do fine
'06 2500 Brilliant Black Pearl Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, AFE 4" cat back, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 2 BIG BALLS (shift knobs) from Geno's, 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'74 Trans Am, someday car.......
'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 03-01-2020

GOODMORNINGDIESELRAM....could have sun today, hard to see with one eye acting up. Not going to let it stop me though. Still looking forward to Spudfest.
'91.5 somewhat stock w-250 4x4 5sp Except for the EVIL twin turbos, K&N filter, two small shopping cart dents in right door, Monroe SENAS-TRAC rear shocks. cheap $35 air horns. KDP tabbed. South Bend clutch 13-1.25 Con O. Max stixs, 4" Rip Exhaust,No Muffler, Old Smokey fuel pin. EGR rear disc. Engine breathed on by Max.
My Black Cloud Is Back!...
2012 3500 crew cab Ram 6spd manual, 8' box
I'm just so tired of being tired
Now on facebook