Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 2nd Gen 24 VALVE DRIVETRAIN
Technical Info: 2nd Gen 24 VALVE DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of second generation (1998 - 2002) 24-valve engine and drivetrain questions, solutions and upgrades.

Old 1 Week Ago
Administrator

Probably a third that price from a cummins dealer.

sold
'96 2500SLT CC LB 2WD, KDP tabbed,100Hp Maxsticks,16* ,3k gsk,afc modded,#8 tst plate,62/70/13 turbo,4" MBRP exhaust,AFE stage III dry filter intake,autometer boost pyro, oil, tran temp,DSS,rebuilt diff & tranny w/billet triple lock TC w/lockup switch,1tn rear cylinders,ride rites on all 4 corners w/on board air,465k km. 330 hp 766 ft/lbs
Old 1 Week Ago

Or any shadetree diesel shop.
Local shop here sells em pretty cheap. Don't remember the price exactly but like a dollar and change.
Stock, until...
My Other Truck is a Fire Engine!!
Old 1 Week Ago

Send a message via ICQ to CaptainCummins Send a message via AIM to CaptainCummins Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainCummins

Detroit uses aluminum crush washers (with no rubber) on their fuel system, and theirs is waaayy more sensitive to fuel leaks than Cummins is. I have seen alot of Cummins engines roll into work with copper and aluminum seals as appose to the proper steel/rubber washers. I'm not saying its right, but it seems to work.

I hate to tell you how many of the steel/rubber seal that i have thrown in the garbage that were never used...
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCummins View Post
Detroit uses aluminum crush washers (with no rubber) on their fuel system, and theirs is waaayy more sensitive to fuel leaks than Cummins is. I have seen alot of Cummins engines roll into work with copper and aluminum seals as appose to the proper steel/rubber washers. I'm not saying its right, but it seems to work.

I hate to tell you how many of the steel/rubber seal that i have thrown in the garbage that were never used...
Thanks CaptainCummins for the reply. Are you saying the aluminum and copper crush washers DO or DON'T work ? I could see them possibly not working if you were connecting to something aluminum that might not be able to torque tight enough without stripping the thread , but a steel connection should .
Old 1 Week Ago

Send a message via ICQ to CaptainCummins Send a message via AIM to CaptainCummins Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainCummins

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldoyle View Post
Thanks CaptainCummins for the reply. Are you saying the aluminum and copper crush washers DO or DON'T work ? I could see them possibly not working if you were connecting to something aluminum that might not be able to torque tight enough without stripping the thread , but a steel connection should .
They will work, alot of the Detroit stuff is steel banjo bolts with aluminum crush washers into aluminum housings, and they are running in excess of 100 psi through them. I do like the Cummins seal washers because the rubber on them holds the seal onto the banjo bolt, making the ones that are in a hard to reach area easier to install without dropping a seal washer off into the engine bay.