Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > News and Announcements > New Member Introductions and FAQ!
New Member Introductions and FAQ! New Member Forum for saying "Hello!"

Old 01-21-2018

Welcome to the site litner5_9!
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley lift pump next to the fuel tank/13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, 62-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch, 7x.013" Maxstix

Time to turn so's you don't burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar View Post
If you remove the gutters, you won't have to clean them. Problem solved..
True love is when she gives you the ham from her egg mcmuffin
Old 01-21-2018

Old 01-23-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXTORQ View Post
Every transmission is different and adjusting the second gear band apply or the low reverse normally has a negative impact for the novice that performs it.

Book says tighten to 70 inch lbs then back it out 1 3/4 turns and you done for the second gear band. What it doesnít say is to check the overall space between the servo and the lever. Which should be in the neighborhood of 3/8ths of an inch. Getting it too tight causes the second gear to drag as third gear wants to come on.

The first gear and reverse band getting it too tight will want to drag as second wants to apply. This adjustment I make when the valvebody is out and pressure check the adjustment at the case.

Long story short just be informed as to what you are doing to avoid an exspensive repair.

I appreciate the advice and tip. I know the truck has some miles on it so Iím hoping to make it last till next year when I plan to put in an ATS tranny in it.
Old 01-23-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by litner5_9 View Post
I appreciate the advice and tip. I know the truck has some miles on it so Iím hoping to make it last till next year when I plan to put in an ATS tranny in it.
uh-oh ... here's another head shake .... (location specific inside joke here)

SOLD 97 2500 4x4 ExtCab LB Auto; Isspro gauges (pyro, boost, tranny); 75hp Maxsticks, MaxTrans auto, KDP killed; BD DSS; 3rd gen 17" wheels; GM 1ton rear brake cylinders; Westin step bars; Pakbrake exhaust brake, TS Performance TC Lockup.
Old 01-23-2018
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to MAXTORQ Send a message via Skype™ to MAXTORQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by litner5_9 View Post
I would have to say there is some better options. Not knowing where your from there are several good tranny builders across the US that will build you a transmission for a few bucks less than AT.S.

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 01-24-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXTORQ View Post
I would have to say there is some better options. Not knowing where your from there are several good tranny builders across the US that will build you a transmission for a few bucks less than AT.S.
I'm from Northern MS. If there is a cheaper option with reliability i'm all ears. I only plan on adding maybe 100HP to the motor. But not until the trans is replaced or rebuilt.
Old 02-03-2018

Suncoast is in the Florida panhandle....
The M3GA jr is about $3500 I believe, but converter is another grand or 2 depending what you want. Shipping is extra & warranty is 12 months.
I got a 3 yr unlimited mileage warranted one from Wisconsin for $3500, everything but installation included.
Stock, until...
My Other Truck is a Fire Engine!!