Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 1st Generation
Technical Info: 1st Generation Technical discussion of first generation (1989 - 1993) questions, solutions and upgrades. All 1st generation topics are suitable for this forum.

Old 04-02-2013

Hi fellas,
Are ya'll still rebuilding the steering shaft coupler every now and then? I had to do Ratsus's every coupla years.
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley lift pump next to the fuel tank/13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, 62-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch, jammer 100's

Time to turn so's you don't burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreddog View Post
if I get new gutters every year I never need to clean them
True love is when she gives you the ham from her egg mcmuffin
Old 04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
Hi fellas,
Are ya'll still rebuilding the steering shaft coupler every now and then? I had to do Ratsus's every coupla years.
Turfed that crap out and installed a Borgenson shaft, the stock crap makes you feel like Ma & Pa Kettle Driving down some dirt road in a Model T.

2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Heavy Duty, SLT Quad Cab, Bilstiens, levelling kit, BD Steering Box Stabilizer Bar, BD heavy duty swaybar links, BD double deep tranny pan, Edge moniter, otherwise completely stock.(for now)
Old 04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIGIRON View Post
Turfed that crap out and installed a Borgenson shaft, the stock crap makes you feel like Ma & Pa Kettle Driving down some dirt road in a Model T.
What's wrong with Ma & Pa Kettle ?
'91.5 somewhat stock w-250 4x4 5sp Except for the EVIL twin turbos, K&N filter, two small shopping cart dents in right door, Monroe SENAS-TRAC rear shocks. cheap $35 air horns. KDP tabbed. South Bend clutch 13-1.25 Con O. Max stixs, 4" Rip Exhaust,No Muffler, Old Smokey fuel pin. EGR rear disc. Engine breathed on by Max.
My Black Cloud Is Back!...
2012 3500 crew cab Ram 6spd manual, 8' box
I'm just so tired of being tired
Now on facebook
Old 04-03-2013

Quote:
What's wrong with Ma & Pa Kettle ?
No kiddin, I got all 10 of their movies.
Old 04-03-2013

My In-Laws, RIP, were just like Ma & Pa Kettle, in fact I called'em Ma & Pa.
Ma helped me in my marriage, more than anyone, including my parents, God bless her soul.
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley lift pump next to the fuel tank/13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, 62-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch, jammer 100's

Time to turn so's you don't burn.

Quote:
if I get new gutters every year I never need to clean them
True love is when she gives you the ham from her egg mcmuffin

Last edited by Clunk; 04-03-2013 at 10:23 PM..
Old 12-24-2013

Update on the OD and auto pilot issues. Finally gave up trying to fix it. There are problems buried deep in the wiring harness somewhere. Tried 2 different PCMs and bypassed some bad wires, but still had problems. The pot fix didn't work either. So, as she sits right now; the internal regulator is bypassed. And the OD is on a pressure switch on the transmission. Really don't like it because it only gives you a fixed shift point. So I'm turning it on and off with the original switches. I'm working on making a stand alone that should work like OEM, eventually.
Old 02-06-2014

Got nothing else to do at work, so I'm bringing in projects for the vehicles. The stuff I pulled off the 91 before they hauled it away I'm going to put on the 92 except for the turbo.
Straightening and repairing the BHAF bracket. Got a new filter and need to make a new retainer strap. Picked up some stuff last night. I need to get on Outerwears pre-filter to put on it and running into the same old problem. They want $15 or more to ship something you can put in an envelope and mail.
Cleaning up my 7 hole injectors and LP piston lift pump. Need to get some new seals.
Curious to see how well the H1C will handle them. It has a 60mm compressor and a 16cm2 exhaust housing.
Old 02-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar View Post
Got nothing else to do at work, so I'm bringing in projects for the vehicles. The stuff I pulled off the 91 before they hauled it away I'm going to put on the 92 except for the turbo.
Straightening and repairing the BHAF bracket. Got a new filter and need to make a new retainer strap. Picked up some stuff last night. I need to get on Outerwears pre-filter to put on it and running into the same old problem. They want $15 or more to ship something you can put in an envelope and mail.
Cleaning up my 7 hole injectors and LP piston lift pump. Need to get some new seals.
Curious to see how well the H1C will handle them. It has a 60mm compressor and a 16cm2 exhaust housing.
You found a new, to you, truck?
Old 02-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar View Post
I had a 60mm C /Wheel on mine a few years ago and I lost boost, so we went with a 58mm C/Wheel and it spooled up better and gave me way more boost. I have the 190hp injectors and my pump is turned way up. Its handy when you work in a turbo/ fuel injection shop. Its been 5 years already, gone fast. I wish I found this line of work 35 years ago.

2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Heavy Duty, SLT Quad Cab, Bilstiens, levelling kit, BD Steering Box Stabilizer Bar, BD heavy duty swaybar links, BD double deep tranny pan, Edge moniter, otherwise completely stock.(for now)
Old 02-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93-331-29psi View Post
You found a new, to you, truck?
No, I've had this 92 for a while. Just kept it stock until now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIGIRON View Post
I had a 60mm C /Wheel on mine a few years ago and I lost boost, so we went with a 58mm C/Wheel and it spooled up better and gave me way more boost. I have the 190hp injectors and my pump is turned way up. Its handy when you work in a turbo/ fuel injection shop. Its been 5 years already, gone fast. I wish I found this line of work 35 years ago.
This H1C was originally on my 91.5. 1st put the 16 housing on it. Got rid of the lag and upped my boost. Then put the 60mm on it and got more boost. Peaked out at 35psi. That was with the 5X.012 marine nozzles on it. Then I put that 4" exhaust on it and everything went to poo poo. It didn't like it 1 bit.
So it went in a box and it got the HTT. I put the H1C on the 92 early last summer. Only got a marginal improvement out of it, but everything else is still stock tune. Currently getting 22psi out of it. The 7's and some tweaking should get to 30 all right.