Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > NEW! Technical Info: 4th Gen DRIVETRAIN
NEW! Technical Info: 4th Gen DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of fourth generation (2007.5 and up) 6.7L engine and drivetrain questions, solutions and upgrades. For trucks with the 5.9L engine use the appropriate 3rd gen forums.

Old 02-13-2018

Default EGR Cleaning

My truck is at the dealers for some exhaust problems. Some of it is covered under warranty and some is not. The dealer wants me to ok an erg cleaning for $800.
What are your thoughts about this?
2015 cab and chassis 4x4 with 75,000 miles.
Old 02-13-2018

Many folks on here with more knowledge than I have will be able to chime in, and they will probably be the best answers you will find on any search on the web. What I can say is that your truck, and dealer will know a lot about the engine. Idle times, average speed, throttle position, high idled, re gen cycles, if it was ever shut down during cycles, ran low on def, etc. I would look at the warranty book with a fine tooth comb and make sure all the things they are telling you are as per the manufacturer and are correct. As far as the cleaning, I would ask exactly the items being cleaned. Is the price set for dpf cleaning or other items as well? Seems about the right ballpark as independent range 500-700 and dealerships 800-900. With 75k, if everything else in parameters don't be afraid to call bluff if there is gray area and not black and white. All they can do is say no!
Old 02-13-2018
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to MAXTORQ Send a message via Skype™ to MAXTORQ

We charge 500 for the service. It’s also a 60,000 mile service requirement along with the crank case breather filter or CCV. We also remove the intake horn and clean the intake grids heater and the horn.

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 03-07-2018

My truck needs a new DEF tank wiring harness. The truck has been in the shop for three weeks. The dealer said that there are no wiring harness in the country .
How can I push on the dealer?
Dose any one make an aftermarket harness?
Thanks
Old 03-07-2018

Send a message via ICQ to CaptainCummins Send a message via AIM to CaptainCummins Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainCummins

Theres not much aftermarket for any of this stuff, unfortunately your at the mercy of the dealer. You can ask them to search other dealers to see if you can locate a dealer with one on the shelf. I am not sure if Dodge can do this, but we can at freightliner and I know Ford can do it. I deal with this situation almost daily, it really sucks.
Old 03-07-2018

Send a message via ICQ to CaptainCummins Send a message via AIM to CaptainCummins Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainCummins

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXTORQ View Post
Itís also a 60,000 mile service requirement along with the crank case breather filter or CCV.
I think Dodge dropped this as a requirement when they added the DEF system. On the freightliner side of things this is always a warrantable failure so long as the engine is still in warranty.