Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 2nd Gen NON-DRIVETRAIN
Technical Info: 2nd Gen NON-DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of second generation (1994 - 2002) questions, solutions and upgrades. Please -- DO NOT post drivetrain discussions in this forum.

Old 03-04-2018

Default vacuum pump oil line leak

I took my vacuum pump & power steering pump off as a unit to seal the PS pump reservoir leak. The oil line is leaking where it connects to the vac pump. There is a threaded piece that screws into the pump itself then the oil line connects to that piece. I put oil resistant piece on the threads that screw into the pump. It looks like the leak is where the nut for the oil line threads onto that piece.

Am I missing an o-ring or something? It looks like it is supposed to be a mechanical seal with metal surface to metal surface but is is a large leak. Removing the line and making sure everything was clean didn't help. Any ideas on how to stop it?

I've had this thing off before and never a problem.
2000 Quad Cab,Longbed, NV4500, 410 Gears, 4X4, ISSPro gauges, Thuren 3rd Gen Trackbar (beautiful), AGR Steering Box - box works - NOPE, spoke too soon. Never AGR again. 2 dumped fluid & lost brakes & steering, 4th is too loose. AGR = pp quality control & long wait for replacement (doing something different. Will update with what works), DSS Steering Brace, AirDog 100 = 13# solid, Rusty Doors (POR15 at the bottom for now covered with color match Rustoleum)