Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 1st Generation
Technical Info: 1st Generation Technical discussion of first generation (1989 - 1993) questions, solutions and upgrades. All 1st generation topics are suitable for this forum.

Old 06-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreddog View Post
Congrats on the truck sootnsmoke, if you ever want to sell it let me know.
Damn fine looking too!
Ok, that is a deal. If I decide to sell I will give you the first option to buy. Probably not gonna happen though. I am changing my buriel plot size so I can be buried in it. The search project I endured up to it was grueling. I will post up some more photos of it soon.
Old 06-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sootnsmoke View Post
That is an interesting method. Do you have that interrupt configuration now in your truck? I would like to see of photo of your gauges in that area as well if you have a couple.
I don't have the clutch switch interrupt. It's so ugly no one want to steal it. Just take parts off it. There are 2 wires going to the clutch switch, opening either will prevent the starter from turning.
When it stops raining I'll try to get a picture of my gauges.
Old 06-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar View Post
I don't have the clutch switch interrupt. It's so ugly no one want to steal it. Just take parts off it. There are 2 wires going to the clutch switch, opening either will prevent the starter from turning.
When it stops raining I'll try to get a picture of my gauges.
First of all, there is no such thing as an ugly 1st gen. Some just have more character than others

The clutch interrupt is a nice solution as the wiring and toggle switch is all in the cab. Just need to locate a switch in a good hiding place that is not to inconvenient to turn on/off as needed. I will take a look at those 2 wires and see how much exposure there is for a cut and splice in to route out to a switch and back in from the switch. Look forward to the gauge pics, thx
Old 06-20-2011

As promised

They are your basic Autometer boost and pyro. The knob in the center selects pre or post turbo probes.
Old 06-20-2011

I don't have AC so I just put my gauges where the AC vents would go
'91.5 somewhat stock w-250 4x4 5sp Except for the EVIL twin turbos, K&N filter, two small shopping cart dents in right door, Monroe SENAS-TRAC rear shocks. cheap $35 air horns. KDP tabbed. South Bend clutch 13-1.25 Con O. Max stixs, 4" Rip Exhaust,No Muffler, Old Smokey fuel pin. EGR rear disc. Engine breathed on by Max.
My Black Cloud Is Back!...
2012 3500 crew cab Ram 6spd manual, 8' box
I'm just so tired of being tired
Now on facebook
Old 06-20-2011

Quote:
As promised

They are your basic Autometer boost and pyro. The knob in the center selects pre or post turbo probes.
Nice place for a pair of gauges! They look like they belong in that space. The width is perfect. Do you use a power port in an alternate location? Is the pyro temp difference on your truck a couple hundred degees pre and post? Did you install probes in both locations out of curiosity? I only ask that question as I am not sure what both sets of temps would mean to me from a diagnostic perspective.

I was thinking out the KDP issue today and I realized I forgot to ask the previous owner if it was ever done. I will call back and find out. Is it tabbed in your truck?
Old 06-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreddog View Post
I don't have AC so I just put my gauges where the AC vents would go
Who needs A/C for us folks in Washington anyway? Especially with the opposite of global warming that we are getting in Washington State. Just stick gauges in those vents and call it good
Needs photos of that install for sure.
Old 06-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sootnsmoke View Post
Nice place for a pair of gauges! They look like they belong in that space. The width is perfect. Do you use a power port in an alternate location? Is the pyro temp difference on your truck a couple hundred degees pre and post? Did you install probes in both locations out of curiosity? I only ask that question as I am not sure what both sets of temps would mean to me from a diagnostic perspective.

I was thinking out the KDP issue today and I realized I forgot to ask the previous owner if it was ever done. I will call back and find out. Is it tabbed in your truck?
I don't have a power port to replace the cigarette lighter.
The temps vary a little. In cruise about 25. Under WOT, I've only see about 250.
Old 06-21-2011

Quote:
I don't have a power port to replace the cigarette lighter.
The temps vary a little. In cruise about 25. Under WOT, I've only see about 250.
Did you ever tab the KDP in your truck?
Old 06-22-2011

Nope, however Cummins NW fixed it while they had the cover off for the pump timing last winter. It looked like they put a new one in it.