Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 1st Generation
Technical Info: 1st Generation Technical discussion of first generation (1989 - 1993) questions, solutions and upgrades. All 1st generation topics are suitable for this forum.

Old 05-28-2011

Damn it couger don't weld stuff on! It's too hard for Nigel and me to get stuff off
'91.5 somewhat stock w-250 4x4 5sp Except for the EVIL twin turbos, K&N filter, two small shopping cart dents in right door, Monroe SENAS-TRAC rear shocks. cheap $35 air horns. KDP tabbed. South Bend clutch 13-1.25 Con O. Max stixs, 4" Rip Exhaust,No Muffler, Old Smokey fuel pin. EGR rear disc. Engine breathed on by Max.
My Black Cloud Is Back!...
2012 3500 crew cab Ram 6spd manual, 8' box
I'm just so tired of being tired
Now on facebook
Old 05-28-2011

The whole point was to keep from loosing stuff.
The guy did a good job. He boxed the frame were it had cracked and straightened it where it had bent. Then he doubled up the area were the hitch attaches. Should stay put this time.
Old 06-05-2011

Just want to let everyone know I am doing my part to help keep the 1st Gen section alive. Don't own one yet but I have been searching for 5 months and won't stop till I find one in the configuration and condition I require. Hang in there 1st Gen section and thanks to everyone's responses to my questions and request for feedback.
Old 06-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sootnsmoke View Post
Just want to let everyone know I am doing my part to help keep the 1st Gen section alive. Don't own one yet but I have been searching for 5 months and won't stop till I find one in the configuration and condition I require. Hang in there 1st Gen section and thanks to everyone's responses to my questions and request for feedback.
We're old, that's what we do best is wait
'91.5 somewhat stock w-250 4x4 5sp Except for the EVIL twin turbos, K&N filter, two small shopping cart dents in right door, Monroe SENAS-TRAC rear shocks. cheap $35 air horns. KDP tabbed. South Bend clutch 13-1.25 Con O. Max stixs, 4" Rip Exhaust,No Muffler, Old Smokey fuel pin. EGR rear disc. Engine breathed on by Max.
Now on facebook
Old 06-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreddog View Post
We're old, that's what we do best is wait
Some of us are, that's for sure.
Looking for a good 1st gen is like looking for a good woman. You just have to wait for a divorce.
Old 06-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar View Post
Looking for a good 1st gen is like looking for a good woman. You just have to wait for a divorce.
That is so true. I just have to stop myself from getting impatient and frustrated, knowing that someone is driving my future woman right now...I mean 1st gen

At age 43, I figure I better get my searching done now before my energy level begins to taper off. I monitor WA, ID, OR, Vancouver BC on a daily basis. However, I am starting to even expand my search a bit further out from there as well. It is a bit harder for me as I am set on a 92 or 93 extra cab only. However, I am open to 2wd or 4wd, manual or autos. Let me know if you hear anything that comes up out there.
Old 06-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar View Post
I want to say something, but I'm not going to at this time.
Now on facebook
Old 06-17-2011

As promised, I will do my part to help keep the 1st gen section alive. There was finally a divorce of a good woman.
My daily search of the west coast US and parts of Canada for the last 5 months has come to a close...finally. I am exhausted mentally from the time consuming search of dead ends and issues along this journey. I finally found and bought my first gen last night at 5:30 PM. Here are a couple quick photos of it at the link below. I am a little sleep deprived at the moment but will get some more shots soon. I contacted the original owner of it since 1992 within 25 minutes of the ad getting posted. The next evening the deal was done. Its a 1992 W350 one owner with 100k orig miles, 5spd extra cab 4x4. Bone stock, pampered by owner and spent its entire life in Washington state. Not even a door ding in it and I have service records going back 18 years. I fully plan to leave it in its well preserved and maintained stock condition. Will only be adding gauges and a Borgeson steering shaft down the road. Much appreciation to those who have given me feedback along the way.

http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/f...photos/92W350/
Old 06-17-2011

You lucky bugger, now wasn't that worth the wait ??? That is beautiful, I hope you'll enjoy it, any questions, feel free to e-mail me.
Old 06-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIGIRON View Post
You lucky bugger, now wasn't that worth the wait ??? That is beautiful, I hope you'll enjoy it, any questions, feel free to e-mail me.
It was worth the wait after all. I have to admit I was getting a little discouraged during the last few weeks. I am glad I didn't settle for something less along the way though.

Thanks for the offer and I may be emailing you as questions come up for me. The front and rear diffs, trans, transfer case were all serviced in the last couple thousand miles. Fuel filter and air filter changed 3k miles ago and oil 1k miles ago. So, my next scheduled maintenance item aside from an oil change will be a valve adjustment in a few thousand miles. Already read the sticky for adjusting valves and am ready for that
Water pump and coolant changed 2 years ago and only have a few thousand miles on since then. Are most changing conventional coolant on these motors every 2 years?

Any other good things to look over and check, please let me know! I am also interested to find out about any type of under the hood start prevention methods that others might occasionally be using if ever needed. Just thinking about a quick no start method that can be set if needed for theft/start prevention. Not interested in an alarm.

Last edited by sootnsmoke; 06-17-2011 at 08:22 PM..