Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 2nd Gen NON-DRIVETRAIN
Technical Info: 2nd Gen NON-DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of second generation (1994 - 2002) questions, solutions and upgrades. Please -- DO NOT post drivetrain discussions in this forum.

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Default What track bar on an 00 4x4

Thuren track bar broke and needs to be replaced before the truck is safe to drive. I have the 3rd gen bracket to accommodate a 3rd gen track bar. Which one should I buy?

Truck is an 00, stock height, 4x4, 2500.

FWIW, the Thuren has a heim joint on the adjustable passenger end and the tubing broke. The heim joint itself is fine. Nothing is rusty.
2000 Quad Cab,Longbed, NV4500, 410 Gears, 4X4, ISSPro gauges, Thuren 3rd Gen Trackbar (beautiful), AGR Steering Box - box works - NOPE, spoke too soon. Never AGR again. 2 dumped fluid & lost brakes & steering, 4th is too loose. AGR = pp quality control & long wait for replacement (doing something different. Will update with what works), DSS Steering Brace, AirDog 100 = 13# solid, Rusty Doors (POR15 at the bottom for now covered with color match Rustoleum)
Old 4 Weeks Ago

The most expensive is not always the best. Adjustable ones are nice in some respects, but have weaknesses in others. I opted for the best quality Moog I could find on the shelf here locally.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Did you just get Moog 3rd gen?
2000 Quad Cab,Longbed, NV4500, 410 Gears, 4X4, ISSPro gauges, Thuren 3rd Gen Trackbar (beautiful), AGR Steering Box - box works - NOPE, spoke too soon. Never AGR again. 2 dumped fluid & lost brakes & steering, 4th is too loose. AGR = pp quality control & long wait for replacement (doing something different. Will update with what works), DSS Steering Brace, AirDog 100 = 13# solid, Rusty Doors (POR15 at the bottom for now covered with color match Rustoleum)
Old 4 Weeks Ago

No, stuck with the 2nd one. I figure if the original lasted 200,000 mile this one should too.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Mine is a stock replacement Moog.
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley lift pump next to the fuel tank/13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, 62-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch, jammer 100's

Time to turn so's you don't burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreddog View Post
if I get new gutters every year I never need to clean them
True love is when she gives you the ham from her egg mcmuffin
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Thuren gave me what I thought was more than fair. My bar was ~10 yrs old and he didn't have a record of the transaction because it's so old. The weld had broken which would be friggin dangerous except this happened in a parking lot.

Anyway, he's shipping me the current design for what I expect is about cost. He's using thicker steel and no welds. FWIW, he said that they only see that kind of damage where there's rust (not in TN) or when the bar gets in a bind. I guess binding is a possibility because I had it out to confirm that the bar was in good shape after my 1st death wobble.

The bar was loose on the passenger side which I expect allowed the DW. That said, I'm getting tired of wrenching and may sell this thing.

Anyway, Don personally handled it and took care of things quickly. I'd certainly recommend him based on how he does business. I expect and have seen other threads where the parts are quality.

Last edited by Junkman; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:27 PM..
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Good to hear they are standing behind it. I got my stock one installed and what a difference.