Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 3rd Generation: DRIVETRAIN
Technical Info: 3rd Generation: DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of third generation (2003 - 2007) engine and drivetrain questions, solutions and upgrades.

Old 1 Week Ago

Angry Fuel pressure

I have always had 18-19 psi at idle since fass install 6 months and 15000 miles ago yesterday at 24 degrees truck did not start right up [I have always bypassed heater grid] and it still turns and starts 1-2 seconds later not 5-7 second crank like yesterday then i notice fuel pressure 15-19 and cycling with FASS pump noise[first time I have heard pump} always held staedy at 18-19 before today I start with heater and get 13 psi at idle, drive 1 mile and get 15-17 at idle and jumping, under moderate accel dropped to 10psi pre fuel filter on the rail is 2000 miles old after replacement all pressures were normal this acts like a valve is not operating right? on FASS ? or pump on truck? or ??? 172000 on the clock
2005 SLT 2500 3.73 Automatic, reg cab, spray in liner, stull runnin boards,12 volt winch power to bed, slide out loading ramp 4ft by 8ft.Bone stock silencer now MIA 95 gph fass adjustable pump and straw kit
06 dodge 1/2 ton 2wd gasser 4.7 l auto [replacement for giving the son the ford]
2014 Cadillac CTS 2.0 turbo
Old 1 Week Ago

Send a message via ICQ to CaptainCummins Send a message via AIM to CaptainCummins Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainCummins

If the FASS pressure is erratic, there is likely aerated fuel going into the FASS (Problem in the fuel line between the fuel tank and FASS inlet)
Old 1 Week Ago

I have had erratic pressure with my FASS in the past. At times, it has been so bad I thought the needle of my fuel pressure gauge would fly off. The first time it happened it was caused by the check ball in the fitting for the line out of the pump. Unscrewing the fitting and turning the check ball fixed the issue. It somehow got seated into the spring it sits on and was not sealing correctly.

The other couple of times I have had this issue was caused by the fuel pressure regulator being dry. I just topped it off with antifreeze and all was fine. I have no idea where that coolant in the regulator was going. Both times this has happened has been in the winter time after really cold snaps (-18* F). After I refilled the regulator, it would be over a year before the issue would appear again.

Hope this helps.
Old 1 Week Ago

I started having similar issues with my AirDog 100 not starting correctly, stumbling etc.....only when cold. My truck quite on day and I had it towed to the airport where I could work on it. A failed lead on my DVOM made me think it was a motor issue, turns out the relay was poorly installed so I installed a relay and it works as advertised. I carry a spare relay now. Check your install, connections etc.....kit is too new not to double check.
'06 2500 Metallic Black Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, AFE 4" cat back, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 2 BIG BALLS (shift knobs) from Geno's, 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'74 Trans Am, someday car.......
'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 13 Hours Ago

Well 3 days later problem is solved every fitting was removed and retaped and installed, fuel pump voltage was chkd , aux fuel gauge added to pump to chk gauge on cp3, fuel pump pressure increased to 20 ,went ahead an took out the severe duty filter 3 micron on rail and piped new 1/2 from pump to filter housing { before after severe duty filter was stock}, still no luck, change engine filter 10 micron and problem solved?? WTF ?? a 3 micron should not let anything past to a 10 micron but somehow problem finally solved
2005 SLT 2500 3.73 Automatic, reg cab, spray in liner, stull runnin boards,12 volt winch power to bed, slide out loading ramp 4ft by 8ft.Bone stock silencer now MIA 95 gph fass adjustable pump and straw kit
06 dodge 1/2 ton 2wd gasser 4.7 l auto [replacement for giving the son the ford]
2014 Cadillac CTS 2.0 turbo
Old 2 Hours Ago

Send a message via ICQ to CaptainCummins Send a message via AIM to CaptainCummins Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainCummins

Where were your fuel pressure readings coming from ( Where in the system is you fuel pressure sensor)