Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Other Topics > On The Side
On The Side The name says it all. Are you bored? Have a rough day? Cat cough up a hairball? Well come on in and tell us about it! Here you will find discussions on almost everything under the sun. No Religion Or Politics are to be discussed here. PERIOD!

Old 2 Weeks Ago

I won't be able to do anything (including move or pictures) until I get back from the uncivilized south of 49. The lot is an acre which is good enough for us old folks (cats included) and room for friends when they come visit (provided they bring there own accommodations). Eventually we plan to add a room or two to the house and a real garage/shop to work in. Awesome location not far from where we use to live near the Kings River with plenty of fishing and hunting opportunities. 15 minutes from a city and 30 minutes from a major hospital, an hour from Anchorage. There is also a local native clinic close by as well. Ya, though we don't have 10 acres and twice the house we had in Tok, we are close to medical facilities and a city with much cheaper prices. And because we are over that magical age and the place is assessed below the cap we don't pay any property tax!
-1 here, +17 at the new digs. It will be a little warmer there, but just as windy and dusty.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Good morning DR, 31 and 59 later, clear too......nice, if cool, day. Congrats to our two new home owners....We need pictures! Eating today with my son and his girls family....known them for near two decades just been a few years since I've seen them. Looking forward to the visit
'06 2500 Metallic Black Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, AFE 4" cat back, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 2 BIG BALLS (shift knobs) from Geno's, 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'74 Trans Am, someday car.......
'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 2 Weeks Ago

GOODMORNINGDIESELRAM...made it thru Thanksgiving, ate way too much.
Looks like cougar is going to have us all over this summer.
'91.5 somewhat stock w-250 4x4 5sp Except for the EVIL twin turbos, K&N filter, two small shopping cart dents in right door, Monroe SENAS-TRAC rear shocks. cheap $35 air horns. KDP tabbed. South Bend clutch 13-1.25 Con O. Max stixs, 4" Rip Exhaust,No Muffler, Old Smokey fuel pin. EGR rear disc. Engine breathed on by Max.
My Black Cloud Is Back!...
2012 3500 crew cab Ram 6spd manual, 8' box
I'm just so tired of being tired
Now on facebook
Old 2 Weeks Ago

That might be doable. Just bring mosquito armor.
-2 here, 19 at the new place.
Packing and getting ready for the tip. I want to stage thing in advance today so all I have to do is get in the truck and drive to the airport.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Good Evening dieselram...from the tree seat.
My first deer hunt this year.
Most of my kills on this property are from this tree.
Ralph is watching the Greenfield behind the pond.
Sun just slipped behind the tree line.

Checked out a few sales late morning. The crazy crowd was gone by daylight.
Bigger tv for the living room & new iPhone 6.
Couple boxes of ammo to hold us till my reloading room is set up.

Pics from my phone are too big to load. Try to get some up when I'm back on duty.
We got 41 acres & were 400ft off the road tucked up in the trees so nobody can see.
200yd view to the west thru 150 ft of trees, across the power line & pond.

Low 60's today, down to 40 tonight.
Been frosty last few mornings & the 12 valve doesn't warm up easily without a load. Driving it to the FD.

Cougar, how far from the old place to the new one? Sounds like a whole different atmosphere.
#10 fuel plate, AFC mods, straight exhaust, silencer ring...??
99 2500 2wd, quad cab, auto, raptor on frame rail, big line kit, k&n filter right on the turbo.
'07, megacab, 2wd, dually, 6.7, 6 spd auto,
DPF gutted, h&s programmer, jasper turbo.

My Other Truck is a Fire Engine!!

Last edited by smokediver; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:04 PM..
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Sounds like a real nice place Smoke
1991.5 W250, onboard air, air shocks, air bags, cranked pump, 58mm billet c/w, 16cm t/h, BD Finned valve covers, aux eng oil cooler, aux fan cooled tranny cooler, BD Diff cover, 1 ton rear wheel cyls, Fisher snow plow
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Good morning DR, slept in, coffee and Bacon Bar this morning. Enjoyed a third Thanksgiving Dinner with my sons future in-laws yesterday....good seeing each and every one of them. Mid 50's and overcast.....might see if I remember how to ride on two wheels. Post pics when you can smoke, place sounds close to Heaven on Earth. We all are happy for you
'06 2500 Metallic Black Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, AFE 4" cat back, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 2 BIG BALLS (shift knobs) from Geno's, 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'74 Trans Am, someday car.......
'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Busy day ahead even if it rains, which is supposed to happen. Me, my wife and her best friend John Deere are going to pick up the rest of the leaves on the property, then I have to replace the serpentine belt on one of the Caseskidsteers, preventive mtce, and install a block heater on the other skidsteer, then polish the headlights on the car, getting yellow and hazy, cant see in the dark anymore. Then I can relax. Wife has said all the xmas shopping is done for 3 weeks now, but every week the pile is getting bigger and bigger, I have a funny feeling our first grandaughter is going to get spoiled rotton this year, 14 months old already.
1991.5 W250, onboard air, air shocks, air bags, cranked pump, 58mm billet c/w, 16cm t/h, BD Finned valve covers, aux eng oil cooler, aux fan cooled tranny cooler, BD Diff cover, 1 ton rear wheel cyls, Fisher snow plow
Old 2 Weeks Ago

About 20 miles by road, half that as the crow flies. About 3 miles from where we use to live. Mainly we traded one river for another. Where we are now is more or less a delta where the two rivers meet in the shadows of some tall mountains. The new place is several miles up one of the rivers in a narrow valley.
-10 here, 21 at the new place.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

GOODMORNINGDIESELRAM...Only one small tree with a few leaves left, I believe I have won the battle of the fall leaves. Now to focus on sending some moisture to Hope Kanada, I think they are in a drought there this year and could use some RAIN
'91.5 somewhat stock w-250 4x4 5sp Except for the EVIL twin turbos, K&N filter, two small shopping cart dents in right door, Monroe SENAS-TRAC rear shocks. cheap $35 air horns. KDP tabbed. South Bend clutch 13-1.25 Con O. Max stixs, 4" Rip Exhaust,No Muffler, Old Smokey fuel pin. EGR rear disc. Engine breathed on by Max.
My Black Cloud Is Back!...
2012 3500 crew cab Ram 6spd manual, 8' box
I'm just so tired of being tired
Now on facebook