Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Other Topics > On The Side
On The Side The name says it all. Are you bored? Have a rough day? Cat cough up a hairball? Well come on in and tell us about it! Here you will find discussions on almost everything under the sun. No Religion Or Politics are to be discussed here. PERIOD!

Old 09-23-2020

Good morning DR, 54* and low 70s, fall seems to have set in with a vengeance, rain is in the mix for tomorrow. Oh well. Ordered stuff for the truck last night, routine do before winter stuff like oil and filter.....belt, pulleys and water pump while I am there. Thermostat just because....noted a seeping front seal, hard to change? OE damper might get upgraded if I'm in there to a Fluidamper....anybody got one???? Like it???
'06 2500 Brilliant Black Pearl Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, 5" Diamond Eyes pipes, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 2 BIG BALLS (shift knobs) from Geno's, 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'74 Trans Am, someday car.......
'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
"18 FLHSX
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 09-23-2020

GOODMORNINGDIESELRAM...dry till this afternoon than heavy rain and maybe wind tonight and tomorrow.
'91.5 somewhat stock w-250 4x4 5sp Except for the EVIL twin turbos, K&N filter, two small shopping cart dents in right door, Monroe SENAS-TRAC rear shocks. cheap $35 air horns. KDP tabbed. South Bend clutch 13-1.25 Con O. Max stixs, 4" Rip Exhaust,No Muffler, Old Smokey fuel pin. EGR rear disc. Engine breathed on by Max.
My Black Cloud Is Back!...
2012 3500 crew cab Ram 6spd manual, 8' box
I'm just so tired of being tired
Now on facebook
Old 09-23-2020

43 and some showers. Had a job interview yesterday. A heavy equipment repair outfit is looking for mechanics so I gave them my resume. We talked for over an hour. I don't know what my chances are, but I guess I had his attention well enough to call me in.
Old 09-23-2020

Good Morning DieselRam....
Cloudy and 60 this morning.
Highest I saw yesterday was 69 and 61 hung on till around 1pm. SAWEEEET!!
Was 50 Monday...Eeeearly!!
Was up all night spraying water. Took my coat off 5 minutes...put it back on!!
Rain moving in is the rumor. Believe it when I see it.
Big box arrived yesterday, pipes and electronic type thing-a-ma-jigs.
So, if it rains...and if I can find a dry spot...
H&S mini maxx, something fell off under the truck 265k mi
My Other Truck is a Fire Engine!!
Old 09-23-2020

Cool, cloudy high 70's today.
Whatta day. Arrived on the truck yard with one tire flat and off the bead. Boss installed 2 new tires then at the end of the day, one more tire went flat on the road. Got 2 more new tires.
Hauled dirt & rock to 2 different locations, done deal now, rain on the way.
If I get rained out tomorrow, I'm going to check why the tag axle goes down so slow.
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley lift pump next to the fuel tank/13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, 63-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch, jammer 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfueljockey View Post
Doc says I'm in pretty good shape for an 83 year old guy.....one of these days I need to tell him I'm 59.

Time to turn so's you don't burn.
Old 09-23-2020

Been riding the bike into Kentucky lately and taking off the helmet....no helmet law for grown folks.
Back in 1982, a bunch of us rode to Clermont, Indiana to INDY. After getting into Indiana, we took our helmets off since there was no mandatory helmet law for grown folks then.
Ya know what I felt immediately after? I felt completely vulnerable to the dangers of riding a scooter with 4 & 5 thousand pound vehicles near and idiots piloting them.
No kind of helmet will protect you from those threats, only you being aware and ready to take evasive maneuvers when threatened. A cushy warm helmet gives many a false sense of security but a high zoot helmet won't save my parts. Of the old time riders here, this is nothing new. To the new ones, ride aware.
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley lift pump next to the fuel tank/13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, 63-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch, jammer 100's

Quote:
Doc says I'm in pretty good shape for an 83 year old guy.....one of these days I need to tell him I'm 59.

Old 09-24-2020

Good morning DR, a clammy 57* and mid 60s later.....Brrrr....I know what you're saying Clunk, I have taken short rides w/o the lid, 99.9% of the time Imma wear it just cause. I am a fan of great lights, I see them better so hopefully other drivers can too
'06 2500 Brilliant Black Pearl Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, 5" Diamond Eyes pipes, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 2 BIG BALLS (shift knobs) from Geno's, 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'74 Trans Am, someday car.......
'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
"18 FLHSX
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 09-24-2020

GOODMORNINGDIESELRAM...Rain. clunk I wouldn't be wearing a helmet if I didn't have to. Maybe under certain riding conditions. Stop into the drive thru Covid-19 test center tomorrow than surgery on the eye Monday. My trucks will be sad for at least 2 weeks as I cant drive.
'91.5 somewhat stock w-250 4x4 5sp Except for the EVIL twin turbos, K&N filter, two small shopping cart dents in right door, Monroe SENAS-TRAC rear shocks. cheap $35 air horns. KDP tabbed. South Bend clutch 13-1.25 Con O. Max stixs, 4" Rip Exhaust,No Muffler, Old Smokey fuel pin. EGR rear disc. Engine breathed on by Max.
My Black Cloud Is Back!...
2012 3500 crew cab Ram 6spd manual, 8' box
I'm just so tired of being tired
Now on facebook
Old 09-24-2020

44, cloudy and a chance of rain. No shows yesterday. A guy was supposed to pick up the BBQ gill. Another guy was supposed to contact me about a drivers job. Continued the rewire of my shop. Filed a lost package report with the post office. Not driving the trucks enough to burn through my reserve fuel, may wind up with jelled fuel again.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Cloudy, misty 60's today,
No dumptruckin' so I worked on the KW on stuff that's been bothering me.
Cleaned the Hendricson tag axle controller but it's still slow getting pressure to the bags.
The device that turns on the PTO for the hoist pump quit. Traced lines and found an air pressure regulator rusted up. Cleaning it up fixed it.
Lost power to the tailgate latches and lift gate, found a broken wire, fixed it.
The Western Star has had a steer tire going down slow for several months. Jacked it up, washed the tread with a brush & soapy water and found the leak. It's marked and on the list for tire repair.

Quote: