Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Other Topics > On The Side
On The Side The name says it all. Are you bored? Have a rough day? Cat cough up a hairball? Well come on in and tell us about it! Here you will find discussions on almost everything under the sun. No Religion Or Politics are to be discussed here. PERIOD!

Old 08-29-2020

GOODMORNINGDIESELRAM....looks like September 28th is when I get retina surgery. Today I'm going work on the garage and throw a few things away. Last time I did this it was right after the garbage man came I needed what I threw away.
'91.5 somewhat stock w-250 4x4 5sp Except for the EVIL twin turbos, K&N filter, two small shopping cart dents in right door, Monroe SENAS-TRAC rear shocks. cheap $35 air horns. KDP tabbed. South Bend clutch 13-1.25 Con O. Max stixs, 4" Rip Exhaust,No Muffler, Old Smokey fuel pin. EGR rear disc. Engine breathed on by Max.
My Black Cloud Is Back!...
2012 3500 crew cab Ram 6spd manual, 8' box
I'm just so tired of being tired
Now on facebook
Old 08-29-2020

40 this AM. The cold shoulder of winter is rubbing up against us. Leaves are turning yellow. Rain starts this evening and will be with us at least a week. Spent yesterday rummaging through the storage sheds for stuff to sell and junk to throw away.
Old 08-30-2020

Up early cuz the cat took over my bed after I went to the bathroom. Cold dark morning. Not sure when it will rain, the pattern keep shifting.
Old 08-30-2020

GOODMORNINGDIESELRAM....Gutter cleaning day.
'91.5 somewhat stock w-250 4x4 5sp Except for the EVIL twin turbos, K&N filter, two small shopping cart dents in right door, Monroe SENAS-TRAC rear shocks. cheap $35 air horns. KDP tabbed. South Bend clutch 13-1.25 Con O. Max stixs, 4" Rip Exhaust,No Muffler, Old Smokey fuel pin. EGR rear disc. Engine breathed on by Max.
Now on facebook
Old 08-30-2020

Good Morning DieselRam...
I wondered how Tennessee fared against the storm..
Hurricane Laura was a non-event for us as well.
Some clouds and some breeze, not enough rain to make mud right here.
Guess it was too far west, then too far north. Some areas of the state got 3-5 inches.
A few tornado warnings within 100 miles but haven't heard of any significant damage.
Stayed close to home just in case and did a couple of moves.
I did put the 100 gal tank in the back of the 09 and filled er up in case fuel prices jumped.
On the clock today. Just unloaded/reloaded 1400 ft of 4 inch supply line cause it wasn't neat enough..
Trying to make plans for the coming week. Plenty to be done.
H&S mini maxx, something fell off under the truck 265k mi
My Other Truck is a Fire Engine!!
Old 08-30-2020

Started off with a little rain this morning then after Church it went away, the sun came out and the roads dried off enough to go for a ride then it clouded up and rained again after I got home.
Clank wants the Impala so I looked at it. The door lock was stuck so I worked with penetrating lube and finally got it open....in the rain. The battery was dead so I tried charging it...in the rain.
The battery is dead/junk/ready to be turned in to make another battery or a bunch of fishing weights. Removed the battery in the dry...the rain quit.
I'm through for the day.
My Dad made elderberry wine when I was a kid and quit making it later....I never got to taste it so I bought some today just to see what it taste like.
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley lift pump next to the fuel tank/13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, 63-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch, jammer 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfueljockey View Post
Doc says I'm in pretty good shape for an 83 year old guy.....one of these days I need to tell him I'm 59.

Time to turn so's you don't burn.
Old 08-31-2020

Good morning DR, weekend went by in a blur, pretty much what I expected....the kids had a good bit of the move done with a rental truck and local friends. I did my share and came home yesterday. He had a dumpster filled with accumulated junk hauled off, not a bad idea, think I might do that too before winter. Walmart refused entry with no mask and would not provide a free on....used bad language and when to Kroger where it was about 70/30 sheep to independent thinkers. I hate Walmart. Better get moving, slept in just a little
'06 2500 Brilliant Black Pearl Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, 5" Diamond Eyes pipes, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 2 BIG BALLS (shift knobs) from Geno's, 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'74 Trans Am, someday car.......
'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
"18 FLHSX
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 08-31-2020

GOODMORNINGDIESELRAM....Changed the oil on my wife's Saturn, hard for an old fat guy to get under there even with it up on ramps. some showers today than back up into the 90's.
Now on facebook
Old 08-31-2020

Went to Wally world Saturday, couldn't get in. They had only one door open and nowhere within 200 yards to park. They effectively barred the physically impaired from their store. I need an alternate to their 2 cycle oil I've been using in my trucks. Nice thing about the wife's Subaru is the oil filter and drain plug are just behind the front bumper within reach without having to raise it.
Our days have gotten short fast. Dark by 9 and doesn't get light until 7. With that, colder overnight temperatures, staying below 40. The days will get even shorter by December. The rain has settled on us for a while, a wetter than normal August and a soggy start to September.
Old 08-31-2020

Cloudy high 70's today.
Rain-out, no dump truckin' today.
Installed a new battery in the Impala and it started right up.
On the test ride, the low oil pressure light came on. No odd noises and the dipstick showed Full. Upon restarting, the low oil pressure alarm didn't come back on.
Upon further investigation, it seems the oil pressure switch fails.
After buying a new one/Standard Ignition Co., 100 year old company this year and installing it (and have the old age skin bruising & bleeding to prove it), the next test run was flawless.
The spare key doesn't work on the door or the switch so I took it to the local walmart and they ground the new key to be exactly like the original key. The new key now works perfectly.
Just waiting on green money cash now$$$$
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley lift pump next to the fuel tank/13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, 63-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch, jammer 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfueljockey View Post
Doc says I'm in pretty good shape for an 83 year old guy.....one of these days I need to tell him I'm 59.

Time to turn so's you don't burn.