Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > General Diesel Topics > RV and Medium / Heavy Duty Applications
RV and Medium / Heavy Duty Applications NEW! We've added a forum to cover questions relating to diesel powered Recreational Vehicles, and Medium / Heavy Duty Trucks! Post your questions here!

Old 09-12-2010

Default camper

I have one of the smaller Montana's. Its a 2880RL and I love the camper. Before the wife fills it its just over 10800 lbs and she adds another 500-800 to it. I always look for the kitchen sink in the basement of the camper. Anyway, do some research on the camper. You will find that it has been the #1 selling camper in America for a while. Now I am not saying its the best! There are ones I am going to look at once I can afford to upgrade and look into. Watch your pin weight, I had to add air bags to make mine ride more comfortable for me. Before I added them the camper put me on my helpers every time unless I added fresh water to the back tank to take off pin weight. The megacabs don't have the payloads of the quad cabs. If you want some suggestions on other campers to look at PM me and I will gladly point you in the right direction. Good luck in your search for the right camper. If you have time and $$ the largest RV show in America is going on in Hershey PA this weekend and will have the largest selection of modles to view if you can go there. Just make sure you have the time to view them. Its a huge show!
2006 Dodge ram 3500, SRW, 5.9L 4X4, Mega cab, SLT, 48RE, flame red, 3.73, 285/70/17 Revo2's, Smarty JR., line-X, Prodigy P3, isspro guages, MBRP SS 4" Exhaust, B&W tow and stow, pacbrake PRXB exhaust brake, rear airbags, Royal Purple in everything, 2002 Montana 2880RL 5th wheel, superglide 16K
Old 09-12-2010

I just pulled our new 245 Keystone Laredo into one of my old hunting spots this weekend - same place I drove into with my old Tioga 27' C RV. It was a bit tense as I drove in - I guess mostly because I kept thinking "if I ding it, my wife's gonna kill me."

I think I'm once again shopping for a truck camper for my hunting camp. A guy can't have too many toys, can he?

SOLD 97 2500 4x4 ExtCab LB Auto; Isspro gauges (pyro, boost, tranny); 75hp Maxsticks, MaxTrans auto, KDP killed; BD DSS; 3rd gen 17" wheels; GM 1ton rear brake cylinders; Westin step bars; Pakbrake exhaust brake, TS Performance TC Lockup.