Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Archived Threads > Archive: Technical Info: 3rd Generation
Archive: Technical Info: 3rd Generation This forum has now been closed to replies and new posts, but can still be searched and read. Please post new threads in one of the new 3rd Gen technical Forums. Archive contains Technical discussions and questions relating to third generation (2003 - 2006) trucks.

Old 01-29-2006

Default My dream truck

So everybody uses there pickup to the fullest extent that they can. Like a baby semi. Almost everybody that has a diesel HD pickup is putting on airbags adding leafs, bigger tires HP upgrades, etc etc.

Why won't somebady just make the pickup we want right off the assembly line.

Okay try to keep with me here.

Here's what I want: 06 body style Inferno Red, 05 interior, mega-cab 9 ft bed, inline 6 cummins running somewhere between 400 - 500 hp. it may be infeasible but at least 15-16 mpg empty. Jake brake, 100 gal fuel storage, air-ride suspension or leaf springs of a 2-3 ton truck. 19.5 tires and brakes, probably go for hydraulic over air brakes. Stronger clutch (I think mines a little weak). Take my 6-spd transmission put a gear below 1st, one between 5 and 6, and I want 7th for when I'm not loaded and just want to cruise the insterstate at 80mph at 1900 rpm. (mpg).

Let me know what I'm forgeting and lets figure out how to get it.
[img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
05.0 3500 DRW QC 6-spd Silver Big Horn, Ranchhand front-end replacement, Bradford Built flatbed, big rig Cummins mud flaps, Airaid intake. Intake baffles, silencer ring, cat, and fold flat floor in the dump.

New truck: 07 3500 C&C SLT crew, 6-sp, 4x4, 6.7L, AKA The Gutless Wonder Inferno red Bradford Built Flatbed 94" X 112" Yeah its huge, Ranchand Front end replacement, Haven't titched her yet,
Old 01-29-2006

Default Re: My dream truck

Mega Cab and 9 foot bed?
Might wanna talk to the highway department about Making all exit ramps and turn onto new roads with a bigger radius turns. [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Did you put 4x4 in there?
I found out the hard way that a 2wd will not get through the shallowest of Mud or sand.
Old 01-29-2006

With those goodies...even if you could buy one the pricetag would likely be $75K or more. How would you feel about that?

98 12V Quadcab SLT 4X4
Old 01-29-2006

Only if it was a 6x6 dually that could haul the titanic. [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
98 24v club cab dually. BHAF w/ homemade heat shield, 5" stacks, rebuilt trans w/ triple disk torque converter, headache rack, Nerf bars, 285/75/16 , farm hand bumper, 6" off road lights, Edge juice w/ attitude, 8X8 flatbed w/ underbody toolboxes, Dana 60 front, dana 80 rear w/ limited slip, 3.55 gears, 97 fuel filter housing. 228k miles, and still going strong.
Old 01-29-2006

Buy a CXT. That pretty much fits the bill.
Old 01-29-2006

What fun would that be? I want to mod mine one piece at a time till its finished. (pipe dream)
Silver 2002 Quad Cab SLT, Trailer Tow group, Sport, Custom Built 47RE By Maxtorq, Hypertech Max Energy, 80 hp Maxsticks, FASS HD D07 095G, MWFI VP44, AFE Pro Dry Stage 2 Si, 4" Magnaflow exhaust, Westin Chrome Step Bars, Leer Topper, Leveling kit, Bilstein 5100s, DSS, 33" DC Fun Country IIs on 08 Big Horn Wheels, Pillar guages, Pioneer DEH-P6200BT, Husky Floor Mats.

Two of the voices in my head keep singing Don't Worry Be Happy... The Third Voice...Keeps Yelling... PULL THE TRIGGER!!!
Old 01-29-2006

I'd prefer a 4x4 with a transfer case that will allow 2WD in low range instead of a gear below first. IMHO first at it is is low enough for all but really tight places and/or precise manuevering. I do agree with the other gear abve sixth, though. Might even need and eighth as well, unless seventh was spaced out a little more than the existing gears. Add in factory gauges (Pyro, Boost, Fuel pressure, and a REAL Oil pressure gauge) and it'd be a winner!
Old 01-29-2006

Well yeah its got to have 4-wheel drive. That was a given unless you live in Texas/New Mexico
05.0 3500 DRW QC 6-spd Silver Big Horn, Ranchhand front-end replacement, Bradford Built flatbed, big rig Cummins mud flaps, Airaid intake. Intake baffles, silencer ring, cat, and fold flat floor in the dump.

New truck: 07 3500 C&C SLT crew, 6-sp, 4x4, 6.7L, AKA The Gutless Wonder Inferno red Bradford Built Flatbed 94" X 112" Yeah its huge, Ranchand Front end replacement, Haven't titched her yet,
Old 01-29-2006

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Tim again:
Buy a CXT. That pretty much fits the bill. </div></div>What's the latest on the CXT. I'm all for it but but I guess it has a powerchoker in it or something simmilar. Last I heard they just made a few this year and they were going to crank up production for 07.

Old 01-29-2006

It has the DTT466 I6 6 cly in it. A Navistar engine, but a real HD diesel, not a powerchoke.