Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Archived Threads > Archive: Technical Info: 3rd Generation
Archive: Technical Info: 3rd Generation This forum has now been closed to replies and new posts, but can still be searched and read. Please post new threads in one of the new 3rd Gen technical Forums. Archive contains Technical discussions and questions relating to third generation (2003 - 2006) trucks.

Old 01-29-2006

Default Decisions

Hey all,I'm new here and I am in the later stages of a new truck search. I found an 06 2500 CTD Bighorn at the local Dodge dealer that I really like for $32,000, not too sure if I can get it cheaper or not. Have been also looking at Ford and Nissan. I have a few questions. The first is the truck that I am looking at says on the sticker that it's a 5.9 turbodiesel, it doesn't say HO like some of the others. Are there different engines, and if so what are the differences. And are all the new trucks coming with the 48RE tranny? I had a few questions about the reliability issue of the Dodge tranny, but I feel that my fears have been put to rest with the posts that I have read here. Thanx, JD
Old 01-29-2006

Default Re: Decisions

The 06 is a 325 hp 610 ft lbs motor, they are all the same, think the motors changed at 04 and 04/5, i have the 48re in mine, all the autos are the same now, and they seem to work just fine as long as you dont boost the power up real high, mine is pretty well stock, and is great to drive.hope this helps
Old 01-29-2006

Thanx, that answered my question. I'm getting anxious about now. I'm not too sure if I'll be ale to find the same deal in the spring or summer. I was gonna buy an 03 but the deal fell thru. It was a great driving truck. I was a bit apprehensive about the dodge trucks before visiting this site, but when I visited Titan and Tundra forums it seems that they are having thier share of problems, especially braking.
Old 01-29-2006

Yeah, breaks seem to be a big problem with Tundra’s

I was looking at the Tundra (I have owned 3 Toyota trucks…still own one) but decided on dodge. I’ve been happy with my dodge very impressed with the Cummins power plant

2007 Nissan UD Diesel 1400
Old 01-29-2006

I was wondering also what kind of deals people have been getting with the Dodge. The sales person I spoke with said that the $32K was about as low as it would get. I looked also at the fords and they are way out of my ball park..JD
Old 01-29-2006

I got mine during the Chrysler Employee Price Discount back in July and mine has an MSRP of $39,100 and I think the discount brought it to $31,500.

Jay
Old 01-29-2006

JetDoc, if that is a well equipped SLT 4x4 quad cab, you are about at your best price, good luck

2014 Indian Chieftain, Springfield blue, smoothest bike EVER
Old 01-29-2006

I use an auto broker. You should be able to find one through your Yellow Pages. All they do is buy new cars for other people. The usual fee is $500 over the most discounted dealer cost, and that can save a huge amount of money because they know how to get the deepest discounts available.
Old 01-29-2006

I just bought a left over 2005 about three weeks ago, I paid invoice, minus the rebates, minus the Chrysler Financial Rebates, minus half the hold back. This worked out to about $10,000 under MSRP. Of course, taxes and dealer doc fees were then added onto my price. Call around to the different dealerships and go through their internet sales or fleet sales department. You can usually get a better deal that way.
Old 01-29-2006

I have not only visited and test drove from a number of dealers, I have also did some crusing on the Internet highway.. I have visited lots of websites from dealers that are withen 3 - 4 hour drives and filled out thier online forms.. I got quite a few calls and Emails with their final price.. I than used this as a leverage to a local dealership which worked pretty good..