Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Archived Threads > Archive: Technical Info: 3rd Generation
Archive: Technical Info: 3rd Generation This forum has now been closed to replies and new posts, but can still be searched and read. Please post new threads in one of the new 3rd Gen technical Forums. Archive contains Technical discussions and questions relating to third generation (2003 - 2006) trucks.

Old 01-28-2006

Default Which Exhaust System should I choose ?

Hello all, need some advise. yesterday I removed muffler from my 03. Problem is, it's way too loud for my neighborhood. Sounds real cool to me, but I can imagine before long i'll get the knock on the door. Anyhow, what systems would you recommend that would be a good compromise for keeping peace and still sounding good (but not too loud) Thanks for any help you can lend..
Old 01-28-2006

Default Re: Which Exhaust System should I choose ?

We sell a couple different brands, but I really like that nice deep tone that comes from a set of Magnaflow Duals.
Kenny
Old 01-28-2006

I really like the sound of my Jardine straight through. Not to loud, sounds nice. Donaldson is a little quieter, Big Bob has one of them.

2011 330RLTS Jayco travel trailer with most of the options.

If your not the lead dog the view never changes.
Old 01-29-2006

I have an 03 also and replaced the stock with a 4" mandrel bent 304 ss Bully Dog system. It is slightly louder than stock at idle and low power and has a nice louder but not obnoxious tone under full power. Plus the 5" tip looks pretty cool.
Old 01-29-2006

I have the 30" body magnaflow, straight thru design & only slightly louder than stock, love it, may be a little louder on your's, since I still have my cat.

2014 Indian Chieftain, Springfield blue, smoothest bike EVER
Old 01-29-2006

I really like the Aeroturbine 4040L, the "L" means it has the resonator making it quieter than the 4040. But it still has the straight thru high flow design. [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]
Silver 2002 Quad Cab SLT, Trailer Tow group, Sport, Custom Built 47RE By Maxtorq, Hypertech Max Energy, 80 hp Maxsticks, FASS HD D07 095G, MWFI VP44, AFE Pro Dry Stage 2 Si, 4" Magnaflow exhaust, Westin Chrome Step Bars, Leer Topper, Leveling kit, Bilstein 5100s, DSS, 33" DC Fun Country IIs on 08 Big Horn Wheels, Pillar guages, Pioneer DEH-P6200BT, Husky Floor Mats.

Two of the voices in my head keep singing Don't Worry Be Happy... The Third Voice...Keeps Yelling... PULL THE TRIGGER!!!
Old 01-29-2006

I have installed stainless steel MBRP and Magnaflow exhaust systems on friends Superduties. Personally, the fit and finish on the MBRP is much better than Magnaflows. We broke one clamp and had to tack weld the Magnaflow together at the joints because we couldn't get the clamps tight enough to prevent flexing. No problems putting the MBRP together.

MikeyB
Old 01-29-2006

I just spent about 5 minute under My new truck lookin at the exhaust.
I bought this thing used, Its an O3.
I'm no stranger to Mandrel vs Crimp Bent.
Mine looks all Mandrel Bend and its gotta be at least 4 inches.
I can't see spending 500 bucks on a Turbo back system I just want to replace the muffler or put in a strait Pipe to get more sound.
I just spent the last 5 years runnin around in an 01 Camaro Z28 that had a real Nice bark
This thing is just Too Quiet for me.
how do I tell if the last guy actually put an exhaust on it and how about this Pipe Idea or a louder Muffler?
Tom
Old 01-29-2006

Grrr I fat fingered the enter key. See below
- Vanilla 04 2500 QCSB, 4x4, 48RE w/MagHytec DD, Smarty Jr, HOG 4" Exh, Modded Air Box, Isspro Gauges, Quadzilla RPG w/fuel pressure, DynaTrac front, Coolant By-Pass Filter - B&W Turnoverball w/Companion 5vr hitch
Old 01-29-2006

Tom, if your pipe is 4" you already have something aftermarket on there. UNLESS, you were measuring the tailpipe which was 4" from the factory. The rest of the pipe should be 3.5" from the factory.

Ken, will those duals clear the spare tire? I have a 285 for a spare.
04 2500 305/555HO SLT,QC,LB,48re,3:73s,Timberline Green/Silver,Leather, HE351 turbo,2nd gen intake,VA C3.2,BHAF,Custom4"Exhaust,Westachs,Timbrens,Bilste ins,Fumoto,Fogzilla,MOPAR DVD,MOPAR Running Boards...