Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Archived Threads > Archive: Technical Info: 3rd Generation
Archive: Technical Info: 3rd Generation This forum has now been closed to replies and new posts, but can still be searched and read. Please post new threads in one of the new 3rd Gen technical Forums. Archive contains Technical discussions and questions relating to third generation (2003 - 2006) trucks.

Old 01-29-2006

Default Re: Which Exhaust System should I choose ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by bugsquawsher:
I just spent about 5 minute under My new truck lookin at the exhaust.
I bought this thing used, Its an O3.
I'm no stranger to Mandrel vs Crimp Bent.
Mine looks all Mandrel Bend and its gotta be at least 4 inches.
I can't see spending 500 bucks on a Turbo back system I just want to replace the muffler or put in a strait Pipe to get more sound.
I just spent the last 5 years runnin around in an 01 Camaro Z28 that had a real Nice bark
This thing is just Too Quiet for me.
how do I tell if the last guy actually put an exhaust on it and how about this Pipe Idea or a louder Muffler?
Tom
</div></div>Measure the exhaust before the muffler. If it hasn't been touched it will be 3.5". The tailpipe is 4". If it IS 4" before the muffler, then it has been changed already. The OEM muffler is about the size of a VW beetle and weighs as much too. [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
- Vanilla 04 2500 QCSB, 4x4, 48RE w/MagHytec DD, Smarty Jr, HOG 4" Exh, Modded Air Box, Isspro Gauges, Quadzilla RPG w/fuel pressure, DynaTrac front, Coolant By-Pass Filter - B&W Turnoverball w/Companion 5vr hitch
Old 01-29-2006

Default Re: Which Exhaust System should I choose ?

Hmmm
It is 3.5
Ok I see the point now [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]