Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > NEW! Technical Info: 4th Generation: NON DRIVETRAIN
NEW! Technical Info: 4th Generation: NON DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of fourth generation (2007.5 and up) 6.7L equipped trucks. Post your non drivetrain questions, solutions and upgrades here. DO NOT post drivetrain discussions in this section! For trucks with the 5.9L engine use the appropriate 3rd gen forums.

Old 06-01-2016

Question Tire pressure sensors are confused again !!

Howdy,

So I had the Rapid Response thing done the first tire rotation since the system would not adjust for the new tire locations. The dealer replaced all six tire sensors and they were reading correct when I got it back.

I rotated the tires again last week and still no luck after driving over 100 miles with it. The new location of the tires is not happening. The pressures are correct, but not the locations on the display. My inner rear tires, which are now my front tires display 80psi at the inner rears, not the new front locations. And so on with all others.

I asked the dealer and they said it should fix itself by driving a few miles. I called Ram customer service and they said the same. After driving a hundred miles, I figure something is wrong since they are still reading the wrong locations. Am I the only person having this problem? Any ideas as to how I can get them to accept the new tire locations? Very frustrating…

Thanks,
Bill T.
3 dogs
2 horses
1 rabbit
1 Excedrin headache
Old 06-01-2016

Ok so for the 2011 dodge 2500 the dealer told me that if you drive for 20 min or more above 25 km/h, then it takes 20 min after that for it to re-determine and if the display still does not show the proper tires they have to manually reprogram.

This seems like a common glitch actually spanning makes and models. software or hardware design flaw maybe?
Old 06-01-2016

I called and scheduled an appointment with the dealer for next Tuesday morning. I'm hoping there is a fix for this since it makes rotating the tires a PITA. My buddy has a 2015 dually and his relocates in just a few minutes after start up.
3 dogs
2 horses
1 rabbit
1 Excedrin headache
Old 06-02-2016

With GMC 's a walk around the truck LF LR RR RF letting air out the horn will chirp at each location and remember it then air up and go , surely dodge has something similar to this to adjust?
2005 SLT 2500 3.73 Automatic, reg cab, spray in liner, stull runnin boards,12 volt winch power to bed, slide out loading ramp 4ft by 8ft.Bone stock silencer now MIA 95 gph fass adjustable pump and straw kit
06 dodge 1/2 ton 2wd gasser 4.7 l auto [replacement for giving the son the ford] went to my mother 2016 1500 5.7hemi 10,000 original miles

2014 Cadillac CTS 2.0 turbo
Old 06-02-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by pullinforme View Post
With GMC 's a walk around the truck LF LR RR RF letting air out the horn will chirp at each location and remember it then air up and go , surely dodge has something similar to this to adjust?
That's what I was hoping for. The Ram customer service folks put me on hold for quite a while and claimed they asked an engineer. The claim is that it's supposed to happen automatically, no procedure. Hopefully it's something I can get fixed.
3 dogs
2 horses
1 rabbit
1 Excedrin headache
Old 06-07-2016

The visit to the dealer was much what I expected. They connected the magic programmer, hit the “learn” button and all is well again, at least for them. I asked if they found anything that was preventing the re-learn. The answer was, no codes, nothing broke, no problems there to fix.

So I called Ram customer service again to discuss the findings, or lack thereof. Since they “fixed” the problem for now, they couldn’t open a file for their “star” folks to check into, problem no longer exists. They did enter into my records the plan to resolve for the next rotation though. The plan is, when I rotate the tires again this fall and it doesn’t re-learn. Call them first to notify, then take to the dealer to have their “Star” folks address it. Somewhat exasperating, but hopefully it can be remedied…
3 dogs
2 horses
1 rabbit
1 Excedrin headache