Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > General Diesel Topics > Oil, Filters, Lubricants and Fuel Additives
Oil, Filters, Lubricants and Fuel Additives NEW! A forum to discuss your experiences, recommendations, and technical knowledge of diesel grade oils, lubricants, and fuel additives. Please, no FUEL questions in this section.

Old 05-09-2012

Default Green Oil Filters

Ok people, there have been many discussions pertaining to oil filters ... their preferences and performance. Even thought people tend to narrow their preferences over the years, sooner or later companies always come up with something new.

I understand these have been on the market for a while. But I have yet to read (or know of) anyone using these.

Microgreenfilter's
http://www.microgreenfilter.com/

Anyone ?

2006 Ram, 2500, Big Horn, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B Dry CAI, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil Bypass Filter Kit, Coolant Bypass Kit, Transfer Flow 56 gal tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel filter system, Mag-Hytec front & rear covers, 285 x 70 x 17

Old, Retired & Very Happy
Old 05-09-2012

Seems like they'd want to do "fine" filtering after the oil passes through the primary filter first.
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley lift pump next to the fuel tank/13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, 62-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch, 7x.013" Maxstix

Time to turn so's you don't burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar View Post
If you remove the gutters, you won't have to clean them. Problem solved..
True love is when she gives you the ham from her egg mcmuffin
Old 05-09-2012

They are pricey, almost 40 for 2, but filters to 2 microns and I'm old, but 30k between flushing out the oil ?

2006 Ram, 2500, Big Horn, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B Dry CAI, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil Bypass Filter Kit, Coolant Bypass Kit, Transfer Flow 56 gal tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel filter system, Mag-Hytec front & rear covers, 285 x 70 x 17

Old 05-09-2012

No expert on this topic by any means, but I'LL PASS!
Old 05-10-2012
Administrator

Personally, I wouldn't use it. The Stratapores I use work just fine.
2000QC,SLT,SB,4x4,Intense Blue,Auto,4.10,DSS,AFE Megacannon PRO GUARD-7,silencer ring MIA,Edge Comp-pump wire untapped,Rip's 4in Fair Shake Exhaust,Isspro EVs fuel,boost,pyro,FASS 95/150, S/S '03 trackbar bracket, Thuren '03 trackbar, HTS Ultimate Duty trans w/ billet input & output, 89% Suncoast convertor, 150HP MAXsticks

'06 Liberty CRD, Inferno Red Crystal Pearlcoat, GDE ECO tune

'12 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT, Bright Silver Metallic

'98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
Old 05-10-2012

I was just wondering if anyone used them and their thoughts.

Seems there are threads all over diesel owner sites where they are adding on oil bypass filter units wanting to go to a smaller micron size that filters out smaller particles and keeps their oil cleaner.

But with this, (if it works), will be doing the same without the extra hardware in the engine compartment and using another filter.

Idea is sort of sound, just haven't heard of anyone using them. I sent an email to Blackstone asking if they track something like this, filters people use, and ask if they do, had they seen a + or - result. Not trying to get into anyones personal info, but just a general statement or comment.

Filters have been around for a century +, and there have been some improvements.

Old 05-10-2012
Amsoil Sponsor

You can't get any better than a AMSOIL / Donaldson oil filter with a Guaranteed 1 yr/25,000 miles change interval. Absolute efficiency.
sales@syntheticoilspecialties.com
1-888-887-9052

SUPPORT YOUR SITE SPONSOR
Old 05-11-2012

I have a hard time understanding how a full flow filter can filter down to 2 micron or how they can claim fuel savings when using there oil filter. I guess if it was a 2 stage filter it could filter oil to 2 mic but the fuel saving IMHO questionable.
Old 05-12-2012

The only thing I would gain is a lighter wallet.
- Vanilla 04 2500 QCSB, 4x4, 48RE w/MagHytec DD, Smarty Jr, HOG 4" Exh, Modded Air Box, Isspro Gauges, Quadzilla RPG w/fuel pressure, DynaTrac front, Coolant By-Pass Filter - B&W Turnoverball w/Companion 5vr hitch

Last edited by NavyDood; 05-12-2012 at 08:01 AM..
Old 05-12-2012

I never believe any company that their products can 'increase fuel mileage' as they say. If it does, I consider it an added benefit, but they usually don't.

This appears to be a two stage filter. Many claims are being made when reading the advertisement. But the general concept is what I was looking at.

If this does filter as stated, it might be something I could consider as useful. It would be like maintaining a bypass oil system and standard oil system, all in one. What's the cost of an oil filter, the original cost of a bypass unit and bypass filters as time goes on, verses this pricy single filter ?

Seems no one heard of them let alone used them. I've searched several sites and the internet in general. They must sell them to stay in business.

Just thinking out loud and asking questions / opinions.