Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > General Diesel Topics > Oil, Filters, Lubricants and Fuel Additives
Oil, Filters, Lubricants and Fuel Additives NEW! A forum to discuss your experiences, recommendations, and technical knowledge of diesel grade oils, lubricants, and fuel additives. Please, no FUEL questions in this section.

Old 10-18-2011

Default Rottela and Delo oil for motorcycles.

I am preparing to change the oil on my Goldwing motorcycle. In the Goldwing forums Delo and Rotella are favored as the engine and transmission share the same oil. I'm going for it! Any responces or recomendations?
Old 10-18-2011

Send a message via ICQ to bamacat

Rotella 15-40 is used by "Wing World" magazines tech guru in his personal bikes. He mentioned the extra zinc and additives package that keeps turbodiesels happy was very good for the Wings [and most motorcycles} that share oil between the engine and transmission.
I'm just not sure . I always ran Honda brand oil or Golden Spectro motorcycle oil in my Wing.And my old Harleys just spat out anything but Valvoline Racing 50wt or Harleys 50 and grade 60 oils . Especially in hot weather. [Still got the stains on my shop floor from those days]
Your bike,your call......
Old 10-19-2011
Amsoil Sponsor

AMSOIL MCV 20w-50 See how 32 of the top selling motorcycle oils compare in the most critical areas of motorcycle performance in the AMSOIL Motor Cycle Study. Any questions feel free to ask.

http://www.amsoil.com/products/stree...hitepaper.aspx
sales@syntheticoilspecialties.com
1-888-887-9052

SUPPORT YOUR SITE SPONSOR

Last edited by Herb; 10-19-2011 at 05:05 AM..