Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > General Diesel Topics > Drag Racing/Sled Pulling/Mud Bogging
Drag Racing/Sled Pulling/Mud Bogging Discuss the latest in competitive diesel events -- by popular request.

Old 04-25-2010

Default Run at the track

I made a pass at our 1/8 mile track with my truck. Elevation over a mile high (not corrected either, about 7000+ with correction). I had it in 4wd, launched off and idle. Took a long time for the turbo to start making boost since my 60' time was like 2.4. Ran through with a 10.55 @ 74ish mph. Not too bad I guess for just a flashpaq. I've seen durajerks and powerjokes with more done to them run slower. I do recall a truck with just a Bullydog downloader running high 9s, and a truck with a six-gun about the same. Obviously the superchips downloader isn't very good. Guess it's definitely time to graduate up to a TST or Smarty when I got the money.
Old 04-25-2010

Not bad at all Gumper. Build a little boost at the tree (10-12 psi) and you may just be a little surprised at your 60' time..
Old 04-26-2010

I'm sure, just didn't want to damage the converter. The turbo didn't even think about spooling for like 30'.