Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: Parts and Accessories
Technical Info: Parts and Accessories Discussion of parts and accessories associated with Dodge Ram Diesels. Discuss products you use, recommend or are looking for for your truck.

Old 02-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXTORQ View Post
Inertia Dynos mean diddly to me.

Only true way to measure HP and Torq is on a load cell dyno at 28 to 32% load.

Now if you have a nv5600 then 5th gear will be 1 to 1. Nv 4500 will be 4th and autos have to be in drive OD locked out.

Are those the ones with "eddy current"?
Do you know how they work?
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley lift pump next to the fuel tank/13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, 62-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch, jammer 100's

Time to turn so's you don't burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreddog View Post
if I get new gutters every year I never need to clean them
True love is when she gives you the ham from her egg mcmuffin
Old 02-04-2014

Quote:
Inertia Dynos mean diddly to me.
It was an Inertia Dyno with the "eddy current" that they ran the '98 up on.

Waste of money, I feel.
STOLEN: '98 Ram Dually quad cab; 4X4; auto with mystery switch; 4:10's; BHAF; 4" MBRP exhaust; 3K Governor spring kit; #5 plate; timing @15.5; 63/65/14 turbo; 90 hp injectors; Isspro pyro, boost & tranny temp gauges; DSS steering stabilizer; adjustable heavy duty track bar, Snow Water/Methanol Injection Tow-Max System.
Old 02-05-2014
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to MAXTORQ Send a message via Skype™ to MAXTORQ

Ok so it was on a load cell. At what load did they have it on. Does your sheet specify?

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 02-05-2014

I thought eddy current was electric and inertia just spins up a coupla heavy drums, which some folks claim is pretty good, as long as earth's gravity doesn't change.
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley lift pump next to the fuel tank/13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, 62-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch, jammer 100's

Time to turn so's you don't burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreddog View Post
if I get new gutters every year I never need to clean them
True love is when she gives you the ham from her egg mcmuffin
Old 02-07-2014

Hell, I didn't think those numbers were too bad. Coming from 160\400 & not having a set of maxsticks...pretty good.

If there is one thing I learned from Max...if you wanna take a 7k lbs truck and go fast if will cost you. Totally worth it too. There were so many trucks he built that put a smile from ear to ear I lost count.

Just for comparison, the asshats down the street from Maxtorq Diesel Performance dyno'd my last 24V at 365 hp. That was with the edge/smarty maxed out, 40 hp sticks, intake, block back exhaust, max turbo port matched and in 5th gear.
Old 02-07-2014

Chris,
With the #5 plate, S300 turbo & the Snow Methanol Injection kit I was looking for around the 300 Hp mark.
We will has to discuss this further when we visit Max in April and you can drink his cheap scotch that I am providing.
STOLEN: '98 Ram Dually quad cab; 4X4; auto with mystery switch; 4:10's; BHAF; 4" MBRP exhaust; 3K Governor spring kit; #5 plate; timing @15.5; 63/65/14 turbo; 90 hp injectors; Isspro pyro, boost & tranny temp gauges; DSS steering stabilizer; adjustable heavy duty track bar, Snow Water/Methanol Injection Tow-Max System.
Old 02-07-2014
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to MAXTORQ Send a message via Skype™ to MAXTORQ

Better not be cheap. Ask CCMCKEE I don't drink cheap.

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 02-08-2014

Quote:
Better not be cheap. Ask CCMCKEE I don't drink cheap.
Some fellow by the name of Edward Tucker made some rude comments about your Scotch, whether it is cheap or expensive.
Old 02-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_R_R View Post
Chris,
With the #5 plate, S300 turbo & the Snow Methanol Injection kit I was looking for around the 300 Hp mark.
We will has to discuss this further when we visit Max in April and you can drink his cheap scotch that I am providing.
It could have been the dyno/operator too. I can say without a doubt the goofballs that dyno'd my last truck had no idea what they were doing. I had to tell them the barometric pressure and ambient temperature. I'm pretty sure my truck didn't pull 365 hp. If I had the 100 hp sticks in there...most likely. Funny what they said..."this is one of the more powerful trucks we have had on this dyno". Lord I hope not, because there are way more powerful trucks than my last one.
Old 02-26-2014

Talking Scotch

MAX/CHRIS,

Just picked up the cheap Scotch, will be de-winterizing and starting to load the trailer. It will be onboard for the visit.