Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: Parts and Accessories
Technical Info: Parts and Accessories Discussion of parts and accessories associated with Dodge Ram Diesels. Discuss products you use, recommend or are looking for for your truck.

Old 10-31-2011

Default Windshield Visors?

Greetings
Does anybody have a windshield visor on their truck?? I've been surfing the websites and found that Lund makes a few.
Any recommendations?
It would be nice to block out more sun and glare!

Rebuilt Tranny @150k
Rebuilt Steering Gear Box@157K

Next-Dash & Heatercore placement!!

3rd Windshield, Cracked Dashboard
Australian Cattle Dawg as Co-Pilot.
Semper Fi-
Old 10-31-2011
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to MAXTORQ Send a message via Skype™ to MAXTORQ

Used to have one on my old Scout II but I never liked how they are installed having to drill holes in the roof. They give you chinsy self tapping screws and they work loose over time. I ended up bolting it to the roof and wet stabbing the bolts with dum dum sealant to prevent leaking.

Fuel mileage is something to consider too as it may hurt our aerodynamic bricks even further.

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 11-02-2011

Send a message via ICQ to bamacat

Saw a pretty nice looking aluminum visor on another make of diesel p/u. Turned out the guy got it from a big truck junkyard from an old Peterbilt or Freightshaker. Got a buddy who works sheetmetal adapt it to his truck and polished it up. Had less than a $100 in it.
Old 11-02-2011

I have a lund with the clearence lights. I like the look however it makes the overhead console rattle under certain wind conditions and water tends to sit on it (dew and frost) and then you back up and it soaks the windsheild.
99 Q-cab, 5-spd, 4x4, running boards, cow catcher, viser, gauges-egt-boost-fuel press, weatherguard toolbox, aluminum bed rails, codyhitch gooseneck, seatcovers, steering wheel cover, edge ez, H.O. pump, rv injectors, and fast idle throttle cable.