Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 2nd Gen 12 VALVE DRIVETRAIN
Technical Info: 2nd Gen 12 VALVE DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of second generation (1994 - 1998) 12-valve engine and drivetrain questions, solutions and upgrades.

Old 07-19-2016

Default INJECTORS, oil pressure and passwords not related

First of all I couldn't remember my password so I asked it to be sent and up popped a random question, what fuel did Rudolph Diesel use for his engine at 1911 worlds fair? If it is not peanut, vegetable, mineral, petroleum or diesel,what is the answer? This could drive me nuts.

Now the more important question. I have a 94 that needs injectors (880,000 miles) and a 98 that runs great (220.000 miles). Can I use the 98 injectors in the 94 and buy new injectors for the 98 with the hop of improving fuel mileage? I was looking at max torque injectors and found some on ebay for $500 5x19 265 bar. Good deal or not and will it help mileage? I ;have; ;BHAF,4 inch exhaust, 0 plate, afc kit and 3kgsk. How much for injectors from Max ?

My second problem is oil pressure, fine when running but slow to come up even with a warm engine it takes 4 or 5 seconds and sometimes on a sharp corner pressure will drop to zero for a couple of seconds. Oil level is good, fleetguard filter and delo 15-40 oil. 'm thinking I should pull the pan and have a look inside for something loose or maybe bearing damage. How hard is it to get the pan off?

Thanks Dave
98 2500 Quad 5sp 4x4 12 valve, #100 plate, 3kgsk, bhaf, 4" ss magnaflow, afc kit, super contacts, viper hood, gorila bumper, otto-max springs, heckethorn shocks, american racing wheels with 285 scorpions, runners, xenon flares, x-liner

Last edited by windwalker; 07-19-2016 at 12:37 PM..
Old 07-19-2016
Super Moderator

My truck did the same thing. It was the sending unit. Bought a cheap oil pressure gauge from the parts store and if it acts up i just look at it.

As for 98 injectors in 94 i dont know. Possible different i would think. Sorry no help there.

And the diesel engine ran on petroleum oil. Was orginally designed to run on peanut oil.

--SOLD--2001 3500 SLT SO, 2wd, NV5600

2000 VW TDI (56 MPG)

2012 Keystone Raptor 395LEV
Old 07-19-2016

I'm gonna guess coal dust.
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley lift pump next to the fuel tank/13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, 62-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch, jammer 100's

Time to turn so's you don't burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreddog View Post
if I get new gutters every year I never need to clean them
True love is when she gives you the ham from her egg mcmuffin
Old 07-19-2016
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to MAXTORQ Send a message via Skype™ to MAXTORQ

The answer is Google and its done to keep the idiots out. Rotten Peanut oil I'll tell ya.

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 07-19-2016
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to MAXTORQ Send a message via Skype™ to MAXTORQ

Probably a good cleaning and reset the BAR pressures will work.

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 07-29-2016

I did replace oil sending unit and it didn't change anything. could it be something inside the pan?

Will the injectors I listed help with mileage, or would cleaning the old ones be just as good?
98 2500 Quad 5sp 4x4 12 valve, #100 plate, 3kgsk, bhaf, 4" ss magnaflow, afc kit, super contacts, viper hood, gorila bumper, otto-max springs, heckethorn shocks, american racing wheels with 285 scorpions, runners, xenon flares, x-liner