Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 1st Generation
Technical Info: 1st Generation Technical discussion of first generation (1989 - 1993) questions, solutions and upgrades. All 1st generation topics are suitable for this forum.

Old 12-25-2012
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to MAXTORQ Send a message via Skype™ to MAXTORQ

Sensor worn out or linkage bushings worn. Temp sensor not working properly.

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 12-26-2012

Temp sensor, didn't think of that cause it never worked. Sense everything got disturbed down there, it's possible the connector is loose or damage. They did manage to break my VSS.
Thanks!
Old 01-06-2013

Got off my comfy warm sofa and replace the TPS with may spare. That seems to have done the trick. Even down shifts when you romp on it.
Now for the cruise control. It is intermittent, so I'm going after all the switches first.
Old 01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar View Post
Got off my comfy warm sofa and replace the TPS with may spare. That seems to have done the trick. Even down shifts when you romp on it.
Now for the cruise control. It is intermittent, so I'm going after all the switches first.
Could be a vacuum leak there

2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Heavy Duty, SLT Quad Cab, Bilstiens, levelling kit, BD Steering Box Stabilizer Bar, BD heavy duty swaybar links, BD double deep tranny pan, Edge moniter, otherwise completely stock.(for now)
Old 01-06-2013

Neighbour has a '92 extended cab that has been banned for not being road worthy. The frame has rusted through in the area of the fuel tank hanger, so it won't pass inspection. It was his daily driver up until a couple of months ago. He was going to pull the engine and put it in his fishing boat, but changed his mind. The rest of body and drive train is in great shape.
1) What would the value be?
2) Would it be it be worth having the frame repaired & re-inspection?

Thanks
'98 Ram Dually quad cab; 4X4; auto with mystery switch; 4:10's; BHAF; 4" MBRP exhaust; 3K Governor spring kit; #5 plate; timing @15.5; 63/65/14 turbo; 90 hp injectors; Isspro pyro, boost & tranny temp gauges; DSS steering stabilizer; adjustable heavy duty track bar, Snow Water/Methanol Injection Tow-Max System.
Old 01-06-2013

If that's all that's wrong it would be worth it to get it fixed, as far as value one would have to look at the truck, If he's thinking of scrapping it out I need some interior parts and a few other parts. Can you get pictures?
'91.5 somewhat stock w-250 4x4 5sp Except for the EVIL twin turbos, K&N filter, two small shopping cart dents in right door, Monroe SENAS-TRAC rear shocks. cheap $35 air horns. KDP tabbed. South Bend clutch 13-1.25 Con O. Max stixs, 4" Rip Exhaust,No Muffler, Old Smokey fuel pin. EGR rear disc. Engine breathed on by Max.
My Black Cloud Is Back!...
2012 3500 crew cab Ram 6spd manual, 8' box
I'm just so tired of being tired
Now on facebook
Old 01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_R_R View Post
Neighbour has a '92 extended cab that has been banned for not being road worthy. The frame has rusted through in the area of the fuel tank hanger, so it won't pass inspection. It was his daily driver up until a couple of months ago. He was going to pull the engine and put it in his fishing boat, but changed his mind. The rest of body and drive train is in great shape.
1) What would the value be?
2) Would it be it be worth having the frame repaired & re-inspection?

Thanks
Nope, but it would be worth" YOU" towing it to HOPE for me to get what I need off it and $elling the re$t to BRD and Cougar.

2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Heavy Duty, SLT Quad Cab, Bilstiens, levelling kit, BD Steering Box Stabilizer Bar, BD heavy duty swaybar links, BD double deep tranny pan, Edge moniter, otherwise completely stock.(for now)
Old 01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIGIRON View Post
Nope, but it would be worth" YOU" towing it to BRD in Van. Wash so he can get what he needs off it and $elling the re$t to Me and Cougar.
Yep, what he said
'91.5 somewhat stock w-250 4x4 5sp Except for the EVIL twin turbos, K&N filter, two small shopping cart dents in right door, Monroe SENAS-TRAC rear shocks. cheap $35 air horns. KDP tabbed. South Bend clutch 13-1.25 Con O. Max stixs, 4" Rip Exhaust,No Muffler, Old Smokey fuel pin. EGR rear disc. Engine breathed on by Max.
My Black Cloud Is Back!...
2012 3500 crew cab Ram 6spd manual, 8' box
I'm just so tired of being tired
Now on facebook
Old 01-07-2013

I'm in, I need parts for my 93 resto.
If the rest is in "great shape", I'd try to fix it or find another frame. Recently, a 92 like mine except had high miles and some body damage sold quickly for $7500.

Low vacuum? Need to check that, though my brakes work pretty good now with the new master. Still not as good as the 91 though.
Old 01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIGIRON View Post
Nope, but it would be worth" YOU" towing it to HOPE for me to get what I need off it and $elling the re$t to BRD and Cougar.
Your a funny man! Obviously you have not been on your Illustrious BC Ferries lately have you. I am not sure that you would want to afford that service.
'98 Ram Dually quad cab; 4X4; auto with mystery switch; 4:10's; BHAF; 4" MBRP exhaust; 3K Governor spring kit; #5 plate; timing @15.5; 63/65/14 turbo; 90 hp injectors; Isspro pyro, boost & tranny temp gauges; DSS steering stabilizer; adjustable heavy duty track bar, Snow Water/Methanol Injection Tow-Max System.