Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > General Diesel Topics > Oil, Filters, Lubricants and Fuel Additives
Oil, Filters, Lubricants and Fuel Additives NEW! A forum to discuss your experiences, recommendations, and technical knowledge of diesel grade oils, lubricants, and fuel additives. Please, no FUEL questions in this section.

Old 03-30-2010

Default Fass c.a.r.b.????

CA owners in trouble??? FASS have a CARB sticker for their products??? FASS CARB approved????? It won't get that far as most will fail the visual!!
04 Laramie (H) 2500 HO QC 4X4 48RE 3:73 LS Putco Boss Bars LineX AFE Stage II Silver Stars 956 Moto's high idle ROKK sensor FASS MagHytec Diffs & DD trans pan

The Second Amendment is only vague if:
1. You cannot read and comprehend the English language
2. Choose to selectively alter the meaning of "the people" from amendment to amendment
3. Have never read any of the writings of the Founders

Anything else is a willful effort to twist the meaning of the Constitution to fit an agenda, or profound stupidity."
Old 03-30-2010

Send a message via Yahoo to Gunslinger

What is "CARB"?
100Hp injectors, smarty tuner, 4"MBRP, 3 Guage pillar, EGT, Fuel Pressure, Boost, South Bend Clutch Hydraulics
soon to have South Bend Clutch and ARP head studs.

My Chipmunks are on Steroids

I'm trapped in my own masculinity please don't try and help.

Biblical proof the world is against me John 15:19."
Old 03-30-2010

California Air Resource Board ... atleast I believe that is what it stands for. Myself I'm just a misplaced Texan in Ca. for a few more years.
Old 03-30-2010

Correct, Californicate Air Resources Board. More strict than the EPA!!!!

Get ready to return your trucks back to stock, or fail and not allowed registration!

For some who think programers don't leave a foot print, grab your wallets..
04 Laramie (H) 2500 HO QC 4X4 48RE 3:73 LS Putco Boss Bars LineX AFE Stage II Silver Stars 956 Moto's high idle ROKK sensor FASS MagHytec Diffs & DD trans pan

2. Choose to selectively alter the meaning of "the people" from amendment to amendment

Anything else is a willful effort to twist the meaning of the Constitution to fit an agenda, or profound stupidity."
Old 03-30-2010

I you go to Cummins forum then the Calif; group there is a smog tech answering peoples questions. This is a hell of a mess they've got us in. I spend $5000,on a goerend Trans with the plan to get turbo, studs,injectors, and now they start this crap.My old trans was hardy worn and I'd have an extra Five thou to play with on lift kit and nice tires and wheels. Bend over Rover, CARB is comm'in over
Old 03-30-2010
Administrator

In CARB's infinite wisdom.....I'd really like to hear how an upgraded 'transfer pump' affects emissions.
2000QC,SLT,SB,4x4,Intense Blue,Auto,4.10,DSS,AFE Megacannon PRO GUARD-7,silencer ring MIA,Edge Comp-pump wire untapped,Rip's 4in Fair Shake Exhaust,Isspro EVs fuel,boost,pyro,FASS 95/150, S/S '03 trackbar bracket, Thuren '03 trackbar, HTS Ultimate Duty trans w/ billet input & output, 89% Suncoast convertor, 150HP MAXsticks

'06 Liberty CRD, Inferno Red Crystal Pearlcoat, GDE ECO tune

'12 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT, Bright Silver Metallic

'98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
Old 03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAF View Post
In CARB's infinite wisdom.....I'd really like to hear how an upgraded 'transfer pump' affects emissions.
Yeah, you tell me???? Their saying it has to be OEM!!!!

http://www.bar.ca.gov/80_BARResource...elWorkInf.html

Last edited by 45Auto; 03-31-2010 at 01:05 AM..
Old 03-31-2010

http://www.turbodieselregister.com/f...tate-soon.html

Old 03-31-2010
Administrator

From what the TDR link says, a FASS would be exempt how I read it. 'Fuel pump/lift pump'...No CARB OE is required. Says the same thing for aux. fuel tanks & added fuel filters & sererators.

The sticky part would be the 'added/alternative fuel mods'. Conflicting statements there.

Would you be at the mercy of the inspector as to if he's having a bad day or not?
2000QC,SLT,SB,4x4,Intense Blue,Auto,4.10,DSS,AFE Megacannon PRO GUARD-7,silencer ring MIA,Edge Comp-pump wire untapped,Rip's 4in Fair Shake Exhaust,Isspro EVs fuel,boost,pyro,FASS 95/150, S/S '03 trackbar bracket, Thuren '03 trackbar, HTS Ultimate Duty trans w/ billet input & output, 89% Suncoast convertor, 150HP MAXsticks

'06 Liberty CRD, Inferno Red Crystal Pearlcoat, GDE ECO tune

'12 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT, Bright Silver Metallic

'98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
Old 03-31-2010

Better have some Hamiltons in your pocket to grease the inspector is what I am thinking.......that's how people got passed when Ohio had their e-check. I doubt FASS or AD have gotten CARB certs.....if they did you would get a decal with the product to affix on the vehicle.