Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > General Diesel Topics > Oil, Filters, Lubricants and Fuel Additives
Oil, Filters, Lubricants and Fuel Additives NEW! A forum to discuss your experiences, recommendations, and technical knowledge of diesel grade oils, lubricants, and fuel additives. Please, no FUEL questions in this section.

Old 03-04-2009
DieselRam's Tranny Guru

Default Re: Supertech ATF+4

You dont have to call me Mr. Tim is just fine and answer to a whole lot of other names as well. LOL. I didn't say you are wrong, nor anyone else for that matter. Just not my choice. But do keep it friendly please.

I am 50 years old and WAY back there when I was a kid not even old enough to drive yet, my grand dad used TP filters. Swore by them. And put 4 motors in the same truck. So with that I know that those filters have been around longer than that, maybe longer than I have been around. Now I dont know if it was the filters fault, inferior TP, oil or the way he drove the thing, but I just wont use them on mine.

Now maybe they are just fine as a bypass filter, granddads TP filter was the MAIN filter. I inherited that truck with a dead engine, replaced the engine and put a real filter on it and drove it for several years thru Jr high and high school.

Its a good read that article. It lets the reader decide. I still decide not to use it. Let others decide on their own.

The mods I talk about here is for information purposes only. I experiment on my own vehicles but do not endorse the modifications that I make to my vehicles to be used on others. If you use this info that I talk about, you use it at your own risk and responsibility.

03 Dodge 4X4 quad cab Dually. Two travel trailers, 1 cargo trailer. Lots of ham radios. Call sign N5ZYK Tech class. On 28.300 to 28.500 around 10:00 AM to 2:00PM every sunday.
Old 03-05-2009

First saw a Frantz TP filter while working as a gas station attendant in 1963. In those days the attendant would fill the gas, wash the windshield and check the oil. I remember comenting on how clean the guys oil was and he got out of the car and showed me the Frantz filter and the roll of tp so they've been around a while. seems like the guy said it was a new deal that had just come out if I remember correctly. I don't want one but to each their own.
Old 03-05-2009

What kind of TP are you using....they say you should use the stuff they sell for like $10 for a 4 pack? Are you using their stuff or something from the grocery store?
Old 03-05-2009
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to MAXTORQ Send a message via Skype™ to MAXTORQ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dorkweed</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dusterb318</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wasn't being liberal or green....you can ask anyone here about my feelings on that nonsense....I'm just saying one oil filter every 25K miles vs a roll of TP (that you really don't know the filtering capabilities of and the chances of TP floating through the system) every 1500 miles....that seems like a LOT of waste but to each his own. </div></div>

Ok I must be an idiot , I'm in the military and if it has JP or Bio going through it chances are I have worked it. This includes planes , Age Equipment , cranes ,forklifts , GOV vehicles and list go's on.

Last time I seen a TP filter being used was in a 55 Chevy.

Do I really need to post all my oil analysis to prove to you the worth of "toilet paper" as a filtering media???!!!! My oil analysis come back analytically clean. Your ignorance shows by your suggestion that TP is floating around threw the system. JFYI, the military uses these types of filters because they are readily available and for the excellence of their filtering!!! But I won't argue with you........because it's Lent.....and I gave up arguing on the internet with folks like you!!! [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tease[1].gif[/img] </div></div>

Ok I must be an idiot , I'm in the military and if it has JP or Bio or even MOGas going through it chances are I have worked it. This includes planes , Age Equipment , cranes ,forklifts , GOV vehicles and list go's on.

I'll even go out on a limb and call on all of the Navy,Marine, and the Army. I bet money you won't find any TP being used in the last 40 years.

Most all filters being used today are wire mesh or paper with micron ratings of 10 to 250.

So the BS flag is waving. [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/Lecture.gif[/img]

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 03-05-2009
Dorkweed

Give me a while Torqus Maximus, and I will find the links that I referenced that the military uses these type of filters. I'm not really 'puter literate, so give me a day or so!!!!
Old 03-05-2009
Dorkweed

http://www.forpilots.com/archive/rec.avi...duct-38363.html

Do I really need to go on????? If a computer illiterate like myself can find this info........it would seem; by my way of thinking that y'all as more educated 'puter dickheads, would be able to find this info!!!!! Sorry for the harsh words, but facts are facts!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2009
Dorkweed

Christ, you mean I need to have a different post for every link???!!!!!
Old 03-05-2009
Dorkweed

I only had about a half dozen lined up!!!
Old 03-05-2009
Dorkweed

Hang on!!!!
Old 03-05-2009
Dorkweed

http://www.utterpower.com/oil.htm