Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > General Diesel Topics > Oil, Filters, Lubricants and Fuel Additives
Oil, Filters, Lubricants and Fuel Additives NEW! A forum to discuss your experiences, recommendations, and technical knowledge of diesel grade oils, lubricants, and fuel additives. Please, no FUEL questions in this section.

Old 03-02-2009

Default Re: Supertech ATF+4

Is that really efficient changing a roll of oil soaked TP and throwing it out every 1500 miles, adding more oil say 2qts every 1500 miles.....That is going to be way more expensive throughout the year and cause a ton more waste.....I am not "green" by any means but I am not for creating waste for no reason either.....
Old 03-03-2009

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dorkweed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Especially when you drive the amount of miles you do!!! [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif[/img] </div></div>

What you don't know is how many miles I put behind the wheel other vehicles that I don't own. I sure I told you before that I have been known to run a truck non stop (except for fuel) for 36 hours.
Old 03-03-2009
Dorkweed

I don't "throw it away"; I burn it!!!! [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tease[1].gif[/img] And by my math, I'm using 75% less oil than I was when I was changing it out along with the filter every 5000 miles. So don't give me the Liberal/green crap.........I'm conserving more now than I was before!!!! [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/Lecture.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2009

I wasn't being liberal or green....you can ask anyone here about my feelings on that nonsense....I'm just saying one oil filter every 25K miles vs a roll of TP (that you really don't know the filtering capabilities of and the chances of TP floating through the system) every 1500 miles....that seems like a LOT of waste but to each his own.
Old 03-03-2009
Dorkweed

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dusterb318</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wasn't being liberal or green....you can ask anyone here about my feelings on that nonsense....I'm just saying one oil filter every 25K miles vs a roll of TP (that you really don't know the filtering capabilities of and the chances of TP floating through the system) every 1500 miles....that seems like a LOT of waste but to each his own. </div></div>

Do I really need to post all my oil analysis to prove to you the worth of "toilet paper" as a filtering media???!!!! My oil analysis come back analytically clean. Your ignorance shows by your suggestion that TP is floating around threw the system. JFYI, the military uses these types of filters because they are readily available and for the excellence of their filtering!!! But I won't argue with you........because it's Lent.....and I gave up arguing on the internet with folks like you!!! [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tease[1].gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2009
DieselRam's Tranny Guru

I guess it depends on the toilet paper. If it comes apart when I wipe with it, I wouldnt use it as a filter!

So lets keep it 'clean' guys, to each their own. Everybody can argue points but I would rather everyone explain them and then let the reader to decide whats best for them.

Now back to the question of Super Tech A+4. Mopar released their license for aftermarket production of A+4 about 3 years ago. Amsoil had their way around specific aricles of A+4 because of the base that they use that made it compatible to A+4, nobody else did. So untill Mopar released it, there was no other approved source.

Now that the aftermarket has it, it may say A+4 because of the add package makes it compatible but that DOES NOT MEAN that the base oil is superior. The add package components of A+4 is a specific blend of chemicals that are needed for the frictions used and the pressures involved in the trans. Its different than any other oil package, unique. But there are dozens on unique blends that are required for all different kinds of manufactures, some so critical that the use of any substitute will distroy a trans quickly. The costs of blending those fluids is what makes the price of the product. Superior components simply costs more. Inferior components costs less, and while carry the componets required for a specfic application, may simply not last as long.

Sometimes you do get what you pay for!
The mods I talk about here is for information purposes only. I experiment on my own vehicles but do not endorse the modifications that I make to my vehicles to be used on others. If you use this info that I talk about, you use it at your own risk and responsibility.

03 Dodge 4X4 quad cab Dually. Two travel trailers, 1 cargo trailer. Lots of ham radios. Call sign N5ZYK Tech class. On 28.300 to 28.500 around 10:00 AM to 2:00PM every sunday.
Old 03-04-2009

From what I have found, Supertech/Coastal may be one and the same, Warren Lube products.

I can't find mopar at Wal-Mart, so will spend the extra $15 and use Valvoline. IF my filter from Geno's garage ever gets here, talk about cra%$ turnaround.

Gman
Old 03-04-2009

What I would like to know is if it matters whether I use ATF+4 in my G-56 manual transmission in my '06. That's what the owner's manual calls for, so that's what I replaced it with. But since it's a manual trans. do I really need to use ATF+4? If not, what would be good (or suitable) enough to use instead?

Curiosity is driving these questions. I have no problems with using ATF+4, But it is good information to have.
2006 2500 HD, SLT, Quad Cab, 4x2, CTD, 6 speed, 3.73, Westin nerf bars, Smarty W/ Revo software,Isspro EV2 fuel pressure gauge, Quadzilla Commander,Brite Box W/fog light control and fogzilla's using type 9005 fog lights! I CAN SEE!, Kobalt deep-well toolbox, Garmin GPS, Delta 100 Gallon transfer tank w/ GPI 15 GPM pump. The powertrain is still stock.

Take it easy....If it's that easy, take it twice!!
Old 03-04-2009

i did a tranny service and used supertech plus 4? it was what i could get that day. didi screw up? I have 25kon it now and willdo the service again at 35k causeit will be a long time from now.I am not using it much
thx
Old 03-04-2009
Dorkweed

Mr. Duster & Mr. Holt,

Read 'til your hearts content!!!! This man can explain the TP filters much better than I can!!! Do me a favor then........tell me I'm wrong after reading the whole thing!!!!! Here's the link.......http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/ge...il-filter.html

My MotorGuard TP filter is essentially the same set-up save for the filter canister.