Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > General Diesel Topics > Oil, Filters, Lubricants and Fuel Additives
Oil, Filters, Lubricants and Fuel Additives NEW! A forum to discuss your experiences, recommendations, and technical knowledge of diesel grade oils, lubricants, and fuel additives. Please, no FUEL questions in this section.

Old 05-04-2007

Default Re: Lucas fuel conditioner

I didn't see any improvement in mine but I started using it in my gassers and it helps the intank electric fuel pumps. One has 140k and one at 176k on these fuel pumps. It actually helped the pressure on the 140k pump.
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley lift pump next to the fuel tank/13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, 62-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch, jammer 100's

Time to turn so's you don't burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreddog View Post
if I get new gutters every year I never need to clean them
True love is when she gives you the ham from her egg mcmuffin
Old 05-04-2007

Really? no improvement eh? That's too bad. You did'nt notice any power increase?

Speaking of fuel PSI; My fuel PSI went up 2 PSI in the last 3 weeks! It's working! [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
Mods: Custom built GB trans, & T/C | aFe stage II /PG 7 airfilter | aFe Blade Runner Intake Manifold| DSS | HRVP44 | 3rd Gen track bar kit | FASS 150 | Smarty | MagHytec rearend cover | SPS 62/14 turbo | HX40 Downpipe | HTT quickspool exhaust manifold | DDP 110HP sticks | FIrestone airbags | Quadzilla Adrenaline | Magnaflow 4" stainless exh | Leer cap | Bilstien HD shocks | Garmin GPS | Cobra 200 GTL DX CB
Old 05-04-2007

Send a message via ICQ to mobill Send a message via AIM to mobill Send a message via Yahoo to mobill

Well I don't think anyone would be disapointed if they try it.
As most of you know I've been trying to improve my MPG since I discovered this site. My truck was getting 13 to 13.5 MPG at best. About 2 months ago (3 tanks) I started putting Lucas fuel additive into the tank. The first time I checked MPG it went up about 1.5 MPG. I filled up yesterday and checked it,my MPG is now up to 17.5. I would have been tickled pink to get 15 MPG but 17.5 !!! WOW !!! I'm 'bout to go crazy with pride. Never thought I'd see that kind of MPG increase. Hopefully there's more to come.
1999 Dodge Ram 35004X4,24v cummins,215 HP,4speed auto trans,quad cab dually,Dana60 front,Dana80 rear,w/355 gears&235.85R16 Tires.Home made Cold Air Box and Filter,Straight through 4" exhaust,75hp MAXSTICKS,Temp,Boost,EGT,Fuel Preeure Gauges,Jacobs Brake,Smarty Box,(soon) FASS System.
BTW my 'HOME' is a 16,000lb, 37', Jayco 5th wheel with 3 slide outs.
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...28/MYTRUCK.jpg
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...MYTRUCK002.jpg
Old 05-06-2007

I told ya! [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] It only gets better Mobill! [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
Mods: Custom built GB trans, & T/C | aFe stage II /PG 7 airfilter | aFe Blade Runner Intake Manifold| DSS | HRVP44 | 3rd Gen track bar kit | FASS 150 | Smarty | MagHytec rearend cover | SPS 62/14 turbo | HX40 Downpipe | HTT quickspool exhaust manifold | DDP 110HP sticks | FIrestone airbags | Quadzilla Adrenaline | Magnaflow 4" stainless exh | Leer cap | Bilstien HD shocks | Garmin GPS | Cobra 200 GTL DX CB
Old 05-06-2007

There is a local desiel mechanic around here ,that if you come in with injector or fuel system problems #1)check filter, #2)he sells a gallon of LUCAS and says to put it all in with a full tank, #3)most problems are cured.

2001 3500,
Auto BUILT w/ Billet Triple Disc Convertor,
3:54 gears,
Edge Comp.hot box with MAX-IMUM STEALTH COVER,
60HP VanAaken in standby mode,
351,300 miles when sold.
1999 Ford F250 SOLD,
2005 Ford Mustang SOLD,
2009 Chevy Equinox,
Kubota diesel lawn tractor.
Old 05-10-2007

Send a message via AIM to NISMOramAE86 Send a message via Yahoo to NISMOramAE86

ow jeezus.15mpg? w/o a load i avg TWENTY-TWO mpg.
ive also been stopped by a 4th gen CTD owner wondering why my ram was so quiet compared to his. i was nt using PS at the time so i just attested it to broken in more? @45K miles.

once my just of PS runs out.. i will have to try this lucas. PS doesnt seem to help or harm me either way.
Frankenstein SV650s '85 hachi-roku
'91 300zxTT 2.5 Blata Pocket Rocket
Old 05-15-2007

<u>UPDATE:</u> 376 Mi. and still above 1/2 tank with the mods and Lucas fuel additive in the tank.

I've been hot rodding "a little" too. [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif[/img]
Old 05-17-2007

Well so far I'm very happy with using Lucas in my truck and in my wife's car we gained 3.5 mpg [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-17-2007

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mobill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I don't think anyone would be disapointed if they try it.
As most of you know I've been trying to improve my MPG since I discovered this site. My truck was getting 13 to 13.5 MPG at best. About 2 months ago (3 tanks) I started putting Lucas fuel additive into the tank. The first time I checked MPG it went up about 1.5 MPG. I filled up yesterday and checked it,my MPG is now up to 17.5. I would have been tickled pink to get 15 MPG but 17.5 !!! WOW !!! I'm 'bout to go crazy with pride. Never thought I'd see that kind of MPG increase. Hopefully there's more to come.</div></div> Don't forget you are getting Summer fuel now... you should get about 2-3MPG better than with Winter fuel.

2001 3500,
Auto BUILT w/ Billet Triple Disc Convertor,
3:54 gears,
Edge Comp.hot box with MAX-IMUM STEALTH COVER,
60HP VanAaken in standby mode,
351,300 miles when sold.
1999 Ford F250 SOLD,
2005 Ford Mustang SOLD,
2009 Chevy Equinox,
Kubota diesel lawn tractor.
Old 05-18-2007

Send a message via ICQ to mobill Send a message via AIM to mobill Send a message via Yahoo to mobill

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NISMOramAE86</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ow jeezus.15mpg? w/o a load i avg TWENTY-TWO mpg.
ive also been stopped by a 4th gen CTD owner wondering why my ram was so quiet compared to his. i was nt using PS at the time so i just attested it to broken in more? @45K miles.

once my just of PS runs out.. i will have to try this lucas. PS doesnt seem to help or harm me either way. </div></div>

check out my sig. The 3rd gen (05)trks do get better mi than the 2nd gen (99s).
1999 Dodge Ram 35004X4,24v cummins,215 HP,4speed auto trans,quad cab dually,Dana60 front,Dana80 rear,w/355 gears&235.85R16 Tires.Home made Cold Air Box and Filter,Straight through 4" exhaust,75hp MAXSTICKS,Temp,Boost,EGT,Fuel Preeure Gauges,Jacobs Brake,Smarty Box,(soon) FASS System.
BTW my 'HOME' is a 16,000lb, 37', Jayco 5th wheel with 3 slide outs.
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...28/MYTRUCK.jpg
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...MYTRUCK002.jpg